• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Is there any point in continuing?

DeletedUser1991

So, a new update hits the servers and wow! I'm moved back two whole chapters again on Arendyll and THREE on Winyandor! Not funny! At this rate I might as well give up. There seems little point in trying to play when every update takes me back to square one! I've already given up on trying to fight - it's just a waste of resources! It seems to me this game is truly stuffed!

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
If you dont enjoy building a city and coping with the challenges of limited space, limited resource etc. You might as well just quit :)
And you dont move back at all, you have to research a tech that became mandatory now. This was announced 2 weeks ago when they were added in the tech tree. Also they added some new ones again today in the tech tree, they are not mandatory yet, but will be after next update.
Its just how it works till the whole combat change is done.

DeletedUser363

If you dont enjoy building a city and coping with the challenges of limited space, limited resource etc. You might as well just quit :)
We do enjoy all this.....just not all the changes to the game forcing us to play differently...... changes that there was no notion of when we joined well over a year ago .......we will quit when we want to..thanks:p

DeletedUser

I would quit, but I like talking to people and helping out the FS.

I also consider staying and using their server resources as a small protest, as I no longer pay.

Maybe it gets better? Who knows. I am actually curious to see if I can get to the end, in the event that they "abandon" it.

DeletedUser

All I needed was two more KP over the night and I could get a new tech. Saved up all of the resources and ready to go as soon as I start my day. I log in and find out I need ANOTHER 25 KP to research something I don't even want and will never use. This was a kick in the bricks. Fine, you don't want me to enjoy spending KP the way I want, then next time mess up the whole AW thing, because that is where all of my KP will be going now. Go on, I dare you.

DeletedUser2868

To be honest, if I wasn't helping my fs and chatting to friends I would have left the game ages ago......I still wonder how long I am going to put up with all the 'kneecapping' of our game by the devs:confused:o_O
I find it funny, I was thinking I was the only one thinking this way. What I have been getting Ps of for Is now there armies have first strike. They come out with full bars and I would lose 60% of my best fighters before I could strike back. WHATS THE POINT OF THE BATTLE. Thank, just needed to vent.

DeletedUser1991

All I needed was two more KP over the night and I could get a new tech. Saved up all of the resources and ready to go as soon as I start my day. I log in and find out I need ANOTHER 25 KP to research something I don't even want and will never use. This was a kick in the bricks. Fine, you don't want me to enjoy spending KP the way I want, then next time mess up the whole AW thing, because that is where all of my KP will be going now. Go on, I dare you.

Please, please don't give them any more crap ideas! ROTFLOL

DeletedUser1854

It is annoying and ridiculous.....

After struggling finishing the Fairy level I have to stop my production completely to put KP in tasks of chapter 4 and 5 (like Cerberus upgrade on level 4 - hey guys, I don't even fight, because the fighting system is a total disgrace), these devs must be crazy, or, it is a complete lack of planning. If they wanted to seem coherent, they should consider that who is in advanced chapters shouldn't be obliged to stop and get back 4 or 5 levels to complete some tasks they don't even use. Please, someone could tell me a game that is fair and game captivating ??? I am fed up with this one.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I agree on one point : those new features, appearing some chapters before, should be automatically granted for player who are over in the tree...

DeletedUser363

Wouldn't that also make it unfair to those who did not pass it yet, and defeat the purpose of the research tree as a whole?
Isn't it unfair for those that have been playing almost since the start to repeatedly have to double back in the game to achieve goals that were never a requirement until now? Life isn't lived retrospectively...except here:rolleyes:

DeletedUser363

We strongly believe that, while it might not be a perfect solution, it is not unfair.
In effect, we should have ignored joining Elvenar for another few years then......but then all the money we wasted on the game would have meant the game wasn't developed further....ooo, and so we could never have joined

DeletedUser1854

Isn't it unfair for those that have been playing almost since the start to repeatedly have to double back in the game to achieve goals that were never a requirement until now? Life isn't lived retrospectively...except here:rolleyes:

No, it isn't unfair to those who not arrived at that level yet, BUT IS unfair to those who
Wouldn't that also make it unfair to those who did not pass it yet, and defeat the purpose of the research tree as a whole?

No, absolutely not. Who is progressing in the tech tree will have to complete such a task, but when you are at the final stage, trying to progress in the tech tree and being obliged to stop all and go back 4 or 5 leves to complete tech's that you never will use it is a complete nonsense, it is waste of time at all

DeletedUser330

Well ok, if it isn't unfair, then tell us how it's "balanced"?

I've found my progress totally at a stand still for the past few days, and still will be for at least the next week as well because I've had to go back and do 4 researches that weren't there before.

Locking down what is probably close to the top 400 players because, in the developers eyes, they progressed further than they'd like.
Proper balanced that is.

DeletedUser330

Muf-Muf's arguments and excuses are meaningless.

Member of Inno's team or not, have you guys seen Muf-Muf's city in Arendyll? It proves he/she knows nothing of how the game actually works and is simply making excuses to try to keep the peace for Inno's ridiculous (and I'm using inverted commas for this word), "ideas".

We've all said that the developers don't actually play the game, because if they did then these changes and "balancing" wouldn't be done this way, and the complaints would be both listened to and acted on.

Muf-Muf's city is a perfect example of how much a Mod, developer, manager, whatever, actually knows the frontline of the game.

We're taking advice on how these changes are fair, balanced and correct from someone who is here?:

Last edited by a moderator: