• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Gathering of the Phoenix Cults

Fyrebird

Spellcaster
We welcome the Announcement that Artifacts can be swapped by Crafting!!
Maybe I'm being a potato, but I cannot find any information on this. Does it have to be 9 of the same artifact or can it be a mixed bag?

Pauly7

Magus
Really disappointing looing event.

The pros:

• Looking forward to getting a few more old Phoenix Artifacts

The cons:
  • An uninspiring evolving building which I won't be building. It's rewards are quite poor and still no sign of extra pet food to cater for all these pets. Best just to stick to Fire Phoenix and Brown Bear.
  • Daily prizes are mediocre, but worse than that the majority are just old buildings brought back again. Not only that, but some of them are appearing more than once so they can't even re-launch enough old buildings.
  • None of the good interim prizes that people like to win, i.e. Wishing Wells, Carting Libraries, etc. I realise that they now have a desire to stop people building huge WW farms, but it does nothing to help the event look disappointing for many people.
  • Poor chest rewards again.
  • Old school limited publicised quest list again which now makes me think they're happy making these backward steps and then keep making them.
This is probably mostly all brought on by them trying to sandwich twice the number of main events into the schedule. I've said before that it's a mistake and I'll say it again. No one is ever going to be happy with one again whilst the tactic is to have lots more events and each one having nothing worth winning. I can only hope that they eventually realise that it pushes their diamond sales downward in the long run

DeletedUser8795

People, why you are all so negative. Enjoy what you can from the event, otherwise, keep playing the game as normal :) Simple.
My main disappointment is that this game is turning into pay-to-win. In previous events it was possible, but challenging to get your evolving building to 10. Now it's literally impossible, and with the prices of last event (which was pay to win as well), it would cost a lot of money to get to level 10.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
My main disappointment is that this game is turning into pay-to-win. In previous events it was possible, but challenging to get your evolving building to 10. Now it's literally impossible, and with the prices of last event (which was pay to win as well), it would cost a lot of money to get to level 10.

Yeah, maybe is hard for INNO to balance that, but they are a business after all, and they know many of us are after that dammed bird... (and not precisely this year's, will be the most ignored pet ever), so they know that they can pull a $50 for example (or more), from us to get one more artifact, to craft an old one. It's a very good move business-wise, which is what they are. They don't do the game for the sake of our enjoyment alone.

It is a Fire Phoenix in-game... and they KNOW that. We are many adults with an established economy and family. When I was 16, I would spend 100€ in drinks, and going out. Now, we do not go out like that, so we do not spend 100€ on alcohol. Well, I personally don't mind dropping 100€ to finish up my bird, to be honest. Better for my liver (no booze), and also for my empire (bird) haha.

Last edited:

Killiak

Artisan
Bleeding players because you are turning your game into a cashgrab is not the best of moves on the longterm though.

But that's a very old discussion by now.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Well, that's 3+ weeks of not collecting vapor rewards, then...

It's the opposith for me, I have been stocking chests for an event like this,
I play on a world that started after the pas phoenix event, so it's a great way to either get diamonds or direct essence to improve my chances in this event to get a proper fire phoenix.

On my other account I am stocking these chests for like half a year now or so, just in case something awesome pops up in the future.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Old indeed, because these complaints were real in the very first empire games already.

I do not see it as bleeding players... imagine no wells, no genies, no diamond prizes, destruction of buildings, the pillage of resources, etc. That is normal... INNO is the company that gifts most premium by far (even for just completing chapters...)

Edit: @CrazyWizard definitely, I have a few of them now too... to get the most coldfires to make 2019 level ups :D I am the type that goes for KPs or fillers. I am glad this round they changed that, no temptations, as we need to go for the most step-efficient chests, aka the most crappy ones. No daily exclusive seems interesting neither, so it will be great to go after those 18, and 24 chests... and they drop platoons, something I personally like, as I am an auto-fighter / semi-caterer.

DeletedUser8795

Yeah, maybe is hard for INNO to balance that, but they are a business after all, and they know many of us are after that dammed bird... (and not precisely this year's, will be the most ignored pet ever), so they know that they can pull a $50 for example (or more), from us to get one more artifact, to craft an old one. It's a very good move business-wise, which is what they are. They don't do the game for the sake of our enjoyment alone.

It is a Fire Phoenix in-game... and they KNOW that. We are many adults with an established economy and family. When I was 16, I would spend 100€ in drinks, and going out. Now, we do not go out like that, so we do not spend 100€ on alcohol. Well, I personally don't mind dropping 100€ to finish up my bird, to be honest. Better for my liver (no booze), and also for my empire (bird) haha.
I'm not against a Inno earning money, I'm against the bizar amount of money they starting to demand now. Also, there is a difference between earning money and pay to win.

DeletedUser8795

I play on a world that started after the pas phoenix event, so it's a great way to either get diamonds or direct essence to improve my chances in this event to get a proper fire phoenix.

On my other account I am stocking these chests for like half a year now or so, just in case something awesome pops up in the future.
Mmh didn't know you could stock them. A little late now for this one, but maybe next event.

Pauly7

Magus

What does stocking chests mean?

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I'm not against a Inno earning money, I'm against the bizar amount of money they starting to demand now. Also, there is a difference between earning money and pay to win.

It might be unfair, but people who pay support this game so others can play for free... we need compensation. All these games have pay-to-win. In one game in the late 90s, I had a city that was awesome, worked it for two years. Overnite, one dude spent like $2000 and conquered my city. Based on the battle logs, I could make the numbers. Tough like mine... but hey, isn't like real life?

It is a reflection of our human civilization.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
What does stocking chests mean?

No one forces you to open the mystery chests, and vapor keeps counting on the background.
Each mystery chest costs 100 vapor,
I have in the vicinity (to bored to open the gamefiles) of approx 5500 vapor so 55 chests"stocked".

AstralSoul

Illusionist
No one forces you to open the mystery chests, and vapor keeps counting on the background.
Each mystery chest costs 100 vapor,
I have in the vicinity (to bored to open the gamefiles) of approx 5500 vapor so 55 chests"stocked".

I think it stocks up to 100 though. Yeah, if I check mines I am sure I find a few too hehe. Opening spree tomorrow though.

DeletedUser8795

It might be unfair, but people who pay support this game so others can play for free... we need compensation. All these games have pay-to-win. In one game in the late 90s, I had a city that was awesome, worked it for two years. Overnite, one dude spent like $2000 and conquered my city. Based on the battle logs, I could make the numbers. Tough like mine... but hey, isn't like real life?

It is a reflection of our human civilization.
I'm not against asking money for a game or in game content, or boosts which make you progress quicker or let you achieve more in less time. I actually spend money on Elvenar, I also realizes software development is screaming expensive (I'm a software engineer myself, work in general for early startups, so I have a pretty good view on how much money and time is spend on software).

I'm just against some of the things going on in the gaming world, and it will deter me (and others) from playing the game if it continues. Pay to win is one of them, and good game design can prevent this. As you state, these games usually are payed by the big spenders, but the big spenders will also leave if the game world becomes emptier and emptier because free players or players which spend a reasonable amount of money leave the game. So the game needs to be fun for both the high spenders and the masses.

Deleted User - 106219

Let me fix that for you before leaving the forum:
Yeah, maybe is hard for INNO Team Elvenar to balance that, but they are a business after all, and they know many of us are after that dammed bird... (and not precisely this year's, will be the most ignored pet ever), so they know that they can pull a $50 for example (or more), from us to get one more artifact, to craft an old one. It's a very good move business-wise, which is what they are. They don't do the game for the sake of our enjoyment alone.
There, fixed. Because it is not Inno as whole that has the problem, it's Team Elvenar. Team Forge of Empires does not have the problem. In FoE it is possible to get the grand prize to max in every event - doesn't matter if it is an evolving building or a new set. How difficult it is depends on the event, but the average player can get the reward to max, or in the worst case - due to bad luck and player mistakes - to almost max (usually one level below max for evolviong buildings). And if you want more than that - pay up. Some players have multiple copies of certain grand prizes at max level, which is only possible with A LOT of Diamonds - more than can be realistically earned for free.

Overall based on playing both FoE and Elvenar for several years, I find the rewards in FoE both better and more generous. One simple example: Wishing Wells in FoE do not expire, AND you can upgrade a Wishing Well (3x3) to Little Wishing Well (3x2, freeing up 3 squares) by using a Wishing Well Shrink Kit. Meanwhile in Elvenar the amount of Wishing Wells you can win has been decreased to almost 0...

Deleted User - 2044766

hi everyone, I've been reading through the posts and am excited at the possibility of doing this event...the graphics are really very handsome!!! Advice welcome on how a newbie can best prepare for it (never done one) :). Thanks!

Hekata

Artisan
hi everyone, I've been reading through the posts and am excited at the possibility of doing this event...the graphics are really very handsome!!! Advice welcome on how a newbie can best prepare for it (never done one) :). Thanks!

The best way to prepare is to check the info about the event on Elven Gems: https://elvengems.com/phoenix-2020/
There you can find the quest list of all the quests in the order they appear so you can prepare some items in advance like toolboxes, sync some quests with the tournament etc... You can also see the list of the daily prizes as they become available so you know witch ones are the most interesting for you (you can never win them all so choose wisely). And you can check the chest options to help you decide which chests are the best for what you want.
And they also have a section with general tips on how to best prepare for an event: https://elvengems.com/general-event-tips/
It can sometimes be hard for new cities to complete all the quests but hopeful knowing the list in advance will help.

Hope you enjoy the event! :)

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Let me fix that for you before leaving the forum:

Because it is not Inno as whole that has the problem, it's Team Elvenar.

Yeah, it happened to be that in all games I played is just "that game" (elvenar is that game now), where the company cares the list. All of them, I consider myself quite lucky for everything, but I guess not at choosing games.

Oh well, I am happy with elvenar as is.

Gargon667

Mentor
Good:
- I like that grand prize: It gives sentient goods, while the feeding effect is so uninteresting that I do not have to waste precious pet food on it. That is actually a good thing :)

Neutral:
- no Wishing Wells: Fine by me, don´t have to have them every single time. As long as they show up every now and then one way or another. I would miss them if they were gone for good.
- troop instants: I appreciate troop instants and find them a fun new thing. However I dislike them displacing time boosts. Especially since a 5h time boost would give me more troops than one of those things. It is obviously another way to nerf time boosts :(
- exchange of phoenix artifacts: Good is that they allow exchanging now after having said 17 times they are not going to do it, so as not to offend people that payed real money for getting more artifacts last year (do I remember that correctly?). Bad: why so complicated??? Just reuse the same old artifacts from last year for the new bird and everybody can use them for whatever they want. Guess the reason is still the one from above. Want to keep the artifacts rare for those that paid last year. But really? Who cares what stuff someone bought a year ago? I never understood what a super awesome advantage someone has that bought all 3 birds? (good luck getting pet food for them all) Have them all be my guest. The only real advantage have people that spent enough money for a second firebird. Now that advantage is still safe, noone can get a second firebird his year. So really what is the point of preventing people from using the artifacts for whichever bird new or old?
The exchange rate? Well 3 for 1 from old to new: Just means you can get 1 free extra artifact for your new bird if you don´t care about the old ones. Sounds fair. 2 for one from new to old? Well the reason is above and so is my opinion on that.

Bad:
- seriously no time boosts at all in the entire event??? SERIOUSLY??? Not in the chests, nor in the daily prizes or grand prizes or anywhere! I agree time boosts had to be nerfed from last years Mermaid and Autumn events yes, but nerfing usually means you give less, not ZERO!
- connected to that: ALL daily prizes buildings? WHY? variety is a good thing! let people choose if they want instants or buildings! Sounds like a revolutionary and awesome new idea? Well I hope you include that next time...
- another event that´ll be done in 3 or 4 days and then 3 weeks of boring collecting of essence around the city. Exactly as boring as the previous one and all the other limited questline events before. I do understand that balancing endless quests is a challenge and the mermaid and autumn events were failures in that respect, but it went the right direction after that. And suddenly Inno rolls over dead on that subject and goes back to that insanely boring old idea? Worst move out of all of the bad choices, if you ask me. No matter how useless an event is, an endless quest line at least gives me something to do for more than 4 days.

Bottomline: I will get a building that makes a bit of Sentient goods, nice! Should be worth the 3 or 4 days of playing the event. The rest would be welcome fuel for spell fragments if there was any use for spell fragments in this game...