• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Gathering of the Phoenix Cults

Laurelin

Sorcerer
And talking of phoenixes, starting to cook my fire phoenix :D

View attachment 4244
15 minutes into the event, I check my MA, and found it. I did not even open the chests, were sadly got not essences. I had to do all 40 first quests (glad I prepared myself beforehand) Spent no diamonds, a few boosters, (a scout quest), and got 500 essences once (no more free essences other than city drops.)

I noticed though, they reduced the amount of vapors, I recall it was 49, and it is 20 only. Maybe is the recipe since there are various:

View attachment 4245
@AstralSoul : Do you mind telling me how many finished Quests - or, as the case may be, how many Diamonds - were needed to gain those two missing Coldfire Phoenix Artifacts (as per your second image, above)? It would be very helpful, since I'm still trying to decide whether or not I have time for this Event (and in particular, time to earn at least a useful number of 2019 Phoenix Artifacts, since I abandoned my old Fire Phoenix along with my old City). Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 2044766

I am new to Elvenar. I enjoy the graphics. I like building my town. The in-game activities are fun. The Phoenix Event is gorgeous, blasting colours and minutely crafted items in all hues of gold & warm colours. I don't understand all the complaining I see in this thread. All I feel when I read these posts, is stress, anxiety, & sadness. A pandemic is forcing all citizens on earth to stay home, but the engineers, programmers, technicians, administrative teams behind the scenes are working hard for our pleasure, that we may continue to clickclickclick on our worlds comfortably in our homes. Yet all you have done is complain. It makes me sad:(.
I just got the Coldfire Phoenix egg in the event, it is pretty, it will give some goods, and I don't mind if it grows or shrinks or dances the Cha-Cha-Cha. It is a lovely thing and this event will keep me busy as I tick off the days on the calendar.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hekata

Artisan
I am new to Elvenar. I enjoy the graphics. I like building my town. The in-game activities are fun. The Phoenix Event is gorgeous, blasting colours and minutely crafted items in all hues of gold & warm colours. I don't understand all the complaining I see in this thread. All I feel when I read these posts, is stress, anxiety, & sadness. A pandemic is forcing all citizens on earth to stay home, but the engineers, programmers, technicians, administrative teams behind the scenes are working hard for our pleasure, that we may continue to clickclickclick on our worlds comfortably in our homes. Yet all you have done is complain. It makes me sad:(.

You will often see a lot of people complaining on the forum. In a way it's one of it's purposes :)
I agree that the graphics are nice, they always are. It's just that most of us have already seen most of these buildings in previous events, that's why people are not super excited about them. Personally I don't mind at all seeing old buildings come back since it gives me the option to get them at my chapter level but some people prefer more diversity I guess.
As for complaining about the rest, the problem is that the attraction of an event depends on where you are in a game. For instance the main prize of this event is not very attractive for most advanced players but can be useful to newer cities. They have also removed some items from this event that where traditionally there (although I remember the time before there were all these items like time boosters, wishing wells etc, so it's not exactly a new situation) and ofc people are not happy about it.
Personally I don't like the changes made to the prizes of this event but since they are giving me the chance to get the old Phoenix artifacts that I've been waiting on for a long time I am not complaining. Actually I am quite happy that the main prize is not that good since I don't have a dilemma whether to get that one or the old one. But I'm probably in the minority here.
You are very much right that we should all be more appreciative of the Elvenar team working hard to give us new content and keep everything running smooth in these difficult times for everyone. So here is a big thank you to the Elvenar team from me :)

CrazyWizard

Shaman
You will often see a lot of people complaining on the forum. In a way it's one of it's purposes :)
I agree that the graphics are nice, they always are. It's just that most of us have already seen most of these buildings in previous events, that's why people are not super excited about them. Personally I don't mind at all seeing old buildings come back since it gives me the option to get them at my chapter level but some people prefer more diversity I guess.
As for complaining about the rest, the problem is that the attraction of an event depends on where you are in a game. For instance the main prize of this event is not very attractive for most advanced players but can be useful to newer cities. They have also removed some items from this event that where traditionally there (although I remember the time before there were all these items like time boosters, wishing wells etc, so it's not exactly a new situation) and ofc people are not happy about it.
Personally I don't like the changes made to the prizes of this event but since they are giving me the chance to get the old Phoenix artifacts that I've been waiting on for a long time I am not complaining. Actually I am quite happy that the main prize is not that good since I don't have a dilemma whether to get that one or the old one. But I'm probably in the minority here.
You are very much right that we should all be more appreciative of the Elvenar team working hard to give us new content and keep everything running smooth in these difficult times for everyone. So here is a big thank you to the Elvenar team from me :)
Same here, I also like that this phoenix ain't the best grand prize building we ever had *kough kough*
And for exactly the same reason, I don't need to make the choice on the new world I play at which bird I prefer. I can just pick the one I like the most.

DeletedUser7874

When are they going to offer the chance of winning expansions for these events to put all the event buildings in?
All my space is earmarked for Woodelves which I have just started - these evolving buildings and daily buildings are fine, but players like me don't have the space for them.
My inventory is full of previous event buildings that I'll never use, except to change to vision vapour, probably.
I'm not inclined to spend money for diamonds to by expansions, if that's the plan, so I'll be sitting out another event.

Deleted User - 1759805

So this is the situation I'm in. I don't have the Fire Phoenix. I only really really got back into the game during the Queen of the Seas event. So I have no Phoenix Artifacts. The three rewarded from the FA, I had foolishly (I admit) put into the Golden Phoenix. (Cause who wouldn't want a golden rubber ducky?) So even if it is just to finish my Golden Phoenix I need the old Artifacts.
It's not that bad. If you complete the whole event, you can with good certainly get a new Fire Phoenix to L7; if your FS would also do well in subsequent FA (assuming usual patterns) then you can get it to L8. Which is already +40% vs +50% max. Ain't too bad, and would be max if you didn't dump your 3 existing artifacts into a different Phoenix.

Kormoran

Novice
I got an email saying "here's a gift for the event", login and get a popup saying "here's 1000 sky essence to help you get started", but it didn't show up in my sky essence total, even after logging off and on again. That's a bit disappointing.

Deleted User - 1759805

I got an email saying "here's a gift for the event", login and get a popup saying "here's 1000 sky essence to help you get started", but it didn't show up in my sky essence total, even after logging off and on again. That's a bit disappointing.
It's 100, not 1000, so if you were looking for a 1000 you wouldn't see it ;)

AstralSoul

Illusionist
@AstralSoul : Do you mind telling me how many finished Quests - or, as the case may be, how many Diamonds - were needed to gain those two missing Coldfire Phoenix Artifacts (as per your second image, above)? It would be very helpful, since I'm still trying to decide whether or not I have time for this Event (and in particular, time to earn at least a useful number of 2019 Phoenix Artifacts, since I abandoned my old Fire Phoenix along with my old City). Thanks in advance.

Yeah, we wish :) It grays out, you cannot pay diamonds :) I managed to pull the two cold fire on time.

Now:

here.JPG

Which is:

82Produce Basket of Groceries 10 timesWorkshop9 hours442475

And its good to leave these ones tomorrow for 9h productions.

87Produce a good amount of Marble, Steel or Planks 472704
88Produce a good amount of one type of Basic or Crafted Goods of your choice 472751
89Produce a good amount of Basic, Crafted and/or Magical Goods of your choice 472798

87 diamonds for a few wrap-ups (one WS with 1 small tools need, for example)
11 5h boosters (scout quests)

I spent nothing else, everything is out of pre-planning, and after the quest 60, it asks for no more advance tools, so more grocery bags. I could continue today, but I like to spend time with my wife too. In fact, I didn't spend most of the afternoon near the PC nor the app, so I did not even give 100%. Plus, it is good to have these tomorrow:

In fact, pretty much it's asking for Baskets of groceries, and toolboxes for the remaining :) (And 28 simple tools that are cooking too)

Possibly, tomorrow I will finish this questline.

With the 9 hours overnight production

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Well,

Randomness speaks for itself, day two:

other.JPG

Glad I did all those quests, and more today (I see two CCs less for this recipe, interesting.)

Edit:

two.JPG

See @RainbowElvira if I didn't do that, I would have missed already two of these. They are random, and finite for a few weeks after the event, so the sooner they show, and get crafted, the better!

Last edited:

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I am glad. In beta, I only saw zero so far, so I am being cautious: A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush is.

And the sooner the homework is done, the sooner the f. phoenix gets to level 10. Waiting on the actual craft for my next quest:

97Scout 1 Province or gain 30 Vision Vapor

So, pretty happy to prepare beforehand.

But if they show with easy @Pauly7 then, I am glad :) It is the ideal, but we all know that it usually does not happen (the ideal) hehe.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
RNG sucks the worst thing is that you ignored the first 4 to find out in the end you got the short end of the stick en only found 2 more for your 8 coldfire artefacts.

I am with astralsoul on this, leave no chance for luck and grab any chance you get, better safe than sorry.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Exactly, I am in quest #100 atm, done in one hour, then wait till tournament for:

101Gain 18 Relics523395
102Solve 48 Tournament Encounters or Solve 12 World Map Encounters523447

(I have 9 7/8 provinces and two more empty, so I will hold till the tournament, using two MMM, and one Dwarven Armorer, and since my bird is now level 5, already worth feeding :D) And 1297 essences (did not get more 500s, only 200 once.)

To reach here, in addition of yesterday expenses, I boosted about 15 more hours in smaller fragments for basic, craft, magic goods for 87th. And eight more hours to collect the 30 vapor.

And to be transparent, I bought the Stash Outpost right now, glad is $7.99 again instead of $9.99 (surprise with the nature of the event.)

EDIT:

I did not wait for tournament, I fought a lot of provinces opened since I have power buildings for this week tournament (and a fire phoenix lv5 hihihi). I planned to wrap it up, but...

As much planning as I did, tiny screw-ups. I will finish all tomorrow due:
115Produce Basket of Groceries 12 timesWorkshop9 hours574150

I prepared for 15 bags for quest #108, but not enough for 12 more (for some reason did not see it,) so I added simple tools for the prior one, silly me.

(Note, I have a family and a life outside the internet. The extra bags will be ready at 11:00 PM, and could finish and wrap up the remaining quests tonight... But I prefer to relax with my wife!) So, #115-121, will be done tomorrow, possibly before 10:00 AM (Since I have been for years working from home, I am an early bird hehe), I will complete it.

So, the entire questline done within 48 clock hours! It was a fun challenge, (if quests were limitless, it would be crazy.) I could have even made it better (a few mistakes like this one). Next time I see an artifact, I will walk the bird, possibly I have enough for two more coldfires.

The rest will rely on pickups, and chests (including from the MA, - at 3 vapors to open one chest-). And possibly FAs to wrap up the level 10 on the fire phoenix.

Oh, and the daily quest, which is always pleasant :)

Grand total spent:
418 diamonds (remember last week genie gave me two 200s in a row, got screenshots hehe)
38 hours boosted, and maybe about 5 more for quest #119 (depends on MA's drops)

No more expenses in the event.

Last edited:

Killiak

Artisan
Since there's nothing interesting to aim for in the first 20 days of the event, there's hardly a need to spend diamonds.
I do wonder what the last 7 daily prizes will be, hopefully something that will excite me for the event.

Hekata

Artisan
Since there's nothing interesting to aim for in the first 20 days of the event, there's hardly a need to spend diamonds.
I do wonder what the last 7 daily prizes will be, hopefully something that will excite me for the event.

If you are hoping for prizes like instants I wouldn't hold my breath. There is one more new building to go - the lava egg, and then probably the 4 old we still haven't seen: Phoenix rising, the purple egg, spring pavilions, sculpture of the Phoenix. That would leave 2 more unaccounted days and it's probably going to be a repeat of some buildings. I do think that prizes like the burning pool / galactical egg are very good for mana and worth getting but obviously it depends where one is in the game.