• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Forced to build Magic Academy ?!?!?

DeletedUser1683

Not looking good according to today's release notes .............

Two Ancient Wonders have been added to the Fairy Chapter:
  • The Prosperity Towers gives a boost to your Spell Duration for the Power of Provision Spell and it will produce Supplies the way Residences produce Coins. Production can be collected after 3 hours, and also stops producing after that time, until production is collected.

DeletedUser219

Hey Moderators - wake up!

You seem to be good at linking people's voices when it suits you. There are a few threads now that speak against the Magic Academy in different parts of the forum. Link them ALL up please and make the MA deletable!
Or link them all up and delete the whiners

DeletedUser

People don't like the magic academy so Horanda declares them to be whiners. What is up with the 2, maybe 3 people who insist on slinging mud at anyone who does not want a MA in their city??? The magic academy is already there to be built, maintained, and used. You have no reason to be here as the oversized shiny city decoration known as the Magic Academy is already a feature. Why on earth do you feel so compelled to insist everyone else must have it too? Just carry on with your own city and let other people do as they will--not build it, or delete it when that is hopefully possible one day. Why do you insist everyone else must have it too? Think about that. There are people like these few on every forum and in every game. They see the developers and/or moderators as the people with power, and they imagine that if they vigorously defend any change, even if it is an obvious mistake, they will find favour with "the gods" so to speak. They assume that because the moderators don't openly take sides that they are automatically siding with the moderators. Little do the sycophants know that often moderators and some developers themselves don't agree with the changes either.

Seriously, if you like your Magic Academy, you have your Magic Academy. You have no need to be here attacking people who think differently to you and prefer not to have one in their own city.

DeletedUser219

@Slotharingia But this is not the feedback thread. This is one of several threads that Penjara started in order to vent his/her ire about what is really a minor irritation. It has gotten to the point of what is called in Australia 'flogging a dead horse'.
@bolthorn No, people establish themselves as whiners when they get a bee in their bonnet and start declaring that a minor issue is anything but, issuing threats and ultimatums without a skerrit of constructive comment, and spreading that vitriol around by claiming that 'everyone' agrees with them. Is your argument really that weak? Why insist that everyone agree with you?
@Penjara I gave up expecting the world to agree with me more than 50 years ago. I stopped wanting the world to agree with me about 35 years ago. That 15 years was the toughest.

DeletedUser1295

Dear Forum Users,
As EN team we fully understand the frustration about certain buildings being mandatory, however as in any game, unfortunately some things are simply that… however as a communitiy team we will forward all your suggestions and feedback to the developers!

As promised: ALL feedback about the MA has been forwarded to the development team. The developers will of course need some time to respond to all your feedback, not just from the EN-players but from Elvenar players on servers all over the world.

Just like you all, we too will need to await their response. As much as we would like to, we cannot influence the time needed, nor can we influence if or when any suggestion we forward might be implemented.

Furthermore we would like to point out the following:
It is certainly not that we wish to limit you in voicing your frustration about any aspect of this game, or that we do not appreciate your input.
Still: we kindly request all posters to bear the forum rules in mind, including the posting protocol ;)

Whenever you have a question about the forum rules or any action taken by a moderator, pls feel free to contact us!

DeletedUser1683

the developers have had long enough. it has been over a week.

the opinion of players is overwhelmingly against the MA, yet you continue to ignore the feedback.

i don't understand why you ask for feedback as no matter how much you get you ignore it.

your posting carries the thinly veiled threat that bans will be issued if we continue to protest.

DeletedUser

I think it is far more important the developers take the time to come to terms with the reality of the situation, which may well be hard as this is their little baby, and that they make the right choices moving forward than to push them into a time-sensitive deadline. I don't think a week, or even a few weeks is too long.

To Horanda: the vast majority do agree with me. It is clear when you read the forum. It is clear in my fellowship. It is clear in talking to other players in-game who are not in my fellowship. If you think I am somehow off or out of line in my assumption that the vast majority agree with my position, you better give something to back that up. There is at least a basis for the assumption I make, a basis which you lack in your comments. Show me a majority disagreeing with me here, in-game, or anywhere. It is you with the unfounded assertion when you say the majority do not agree. Also, yes, I do have a bee in my bonnet. That is not the same thing as whining. If you want to lay down and take whatever is thrown at you and call it good and the way things should be, fine. Don't ask us to do that.

I'd love to see the results of the survey Elvenar did.

DeletedUser

@Penjara I think it actually means that they will not be changing anything as regards the magic academy any time soon, certainly not the option to not build or delete it. On the contrary, they will keep tweaking the game to make players feel they need to have it. See the new fairy AW. Personally I think the game would be better and attract a more diverse player base if it allowed us to build or not build the MA and the Barracks and didn't add hybrid further elements such as AW that influence one of those buildings as well as providing other benefits. Games are always more interesting when the options of gameplay are diverse.

I'm willing to admit error though and have continued to use my MA. I built it, so I'm using it. My opinion has, however not changed. The spells are near redundant unless you are able to log on like clockwork while they are active. So, unless you can and are prepared to do that, further buildings achieving the desired outcome are simply the more prudent and useful choice. 1 power of provision spell which takes a day to produce gives me 1 x 9 hrs boost and 1 x 3 hrs boost at max. Considering you have to use supplies or goods to get the relics used for said spells in the first place, it just doesn't have any point as far as I am concerned and I retain my opinion that relics could have been used in a better and less despotic manner. Why they cannot make the spell applicable to x cycles is beyond me. I actually also wish I had not built AW by now too. I rarely use troops anyway, making the monastery a waste of space, and I've stopped visiting all neighbours as I cannot take the boredom, so the boosts from the lighthouse are also inferior to just having more manufactories. I've bought a lot of expansions and still don't have space, and my activity level has been reduced massively as a result and could, of course, be further reduced to solve the issue, or I could spend more money. The former would make me stop playing, the latter is not an option currently.

DeletedUser219

OK, bolthorn, by some miracle you are able to talk with people outside your fellowship. I can't find you in Arendyll, so I can only assume that you are playing on the second world, or are breaking the rules here. That being said, while a reasonable number have expressed dissatisfaction with the MA (myself included), only 5 people on the forum have been rabid about it. I have said it before, 5 out of 1700+ is hardly a vast majority. Maybe you need to get your actuarial brother to explain the basics of statistical reality to you, and perhaps a parent can remind you that positive arguments work best.
In any case, it's a free game, and you get what you pay for.

DeletedUser1683

I'm very unhappy.

On the one hand, I like my fellowship a lot. On the other, I cannot abide being threatened by Moderators; developers not interested in feedback, even though they say they are.

We were asked for feedback here. And again in a poll on login. Why?

If there was no intention of listening to negative feedback about the MA then the only reason left to ask for feedback was to hope it would support the MA. That support is not forthcoming and Inno have backed themselves into a corner. So the poor Moderators have had the problem dumped on them.

The Developers have reneaugued on promises made about the game in their marketing, that we can play our own style. They have reneagued on promises to listen to feedback, even when it has been given so clearly.

The Moderators have only one course of action left to them which is to stonewall and look for any excuse to threaten anyone who dares speak out.

As a player I have a Fellowship I really like, and some lovely neighbours, too. But a game that does not feel like the game I was promised and which I signed up for.

Devs and Mods, I really hope I am wrong. Convince me?

DeletedUser1683

I built the MA this morning to clear the quest. The building still cannot be deleted and I was given a Spell quest which cannot be declined, and takes hours to complete.

This is not fun.

Deleted User - 13667

For starters, I think the developers should explain their idea on how the MA actually be useful. Apart from being a white elephant that consumes relics while providing tiny temporary perks, there truly is nothing interesting about the MA.

I would say let the MA generate spells automatically at a lower level, to get a more stronger spell to be generated some relics need to be added to enhance it. Not keep inserting to get a lousy spell

That way, you can keep getting the boosts intended andat the same time encourage some battles. even thought the battle system is still not so good to work with erroneous turn table, almost always lower quarter damage done by player units while the AI almost certainly does near max damage at every hit.

DeletedUser

Forcing paying customers to do things they don't want to do (and have no reason to force them to do it) is bad for business.

That is what it boils down to. There is an easy fix (I made a slight assumption there), of allowing it to be sold, which disadvantages no-one and the business you are paying refuses to do it. This is a bad thing.

I am deciding whether to spend money, as we speak and right now it doesn't look good.

This isn't about emotion, or bowing down to some people who don't like some feature. It is about making a change that will satisfy your customers, at no cost to you or the other customers. What reason is there NOT to do it?

DeletedUser

In any case, it's a free game, and you get what you pay for.

For a lot of players, it's not free. The MA and other space wasters make it a free game for less players ;) Most "free" games are a lot more expensive than games one buys for people who want to advance in them faster than a snail :D I like to choose what to spend money on in games and not feel forced to either quit out of boredom OR spend money to buy expansions to build things I strongly believe were only added to force us to buy expansions :p

DeletedUser1683

For a lot of players, it's not free. The MA and other space wasters make it a free game for less players ;) Most "free" games are a lot more expensive than games one buys for people who want to advance in them faster than a snail :D I like to choose what to spend money on in games and not feel forced to either quit out of boredom OR spend money to buy expansions to build things I strongly believe were only added to force us to buy expansions :p

agree.

DeletedUser1775

I am in dire need for space for residential and my recently unlocked wonders feature. And then there is this great big white elephant in the middle of my map, sitting there doing nothing.

Please make it deletable. I am not even asking for MA to be removed from the game completely. I understand some people are using and even liking this feature and that is fine. A few of my fellowship members use them and i have no issues with it at all.

But for others like me, i literally have no use of them. I've build enough that i never need any boost. I am not alone in this, a few of my high ranking friends also have the same thing in mind.

We are customers, we are paying customers. My friends and I sunk in more than we're willing to admit on this game :p, and i don't regret it, cos the game is fun (and more addictive than crack :D). But a little bit of gesture showing you guys listen and care would be nice.

After all, this is not really a game breaking request.

DeletedUser1353

As a player who don't mind the academy so much, for me the acadamy is worth its place. It almost have the same usefulness as 2 workshops (without the population and culture cost) until I run out of relics. :p Looking forward to see what more additions they will have to it.

I fully understand if people want to get rid of it though, and I don't see why it cannot be deleted. And almost being forced to build it is bad design imo.