• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Fellowship Adventures are here!

Pauly7

Magus
Thanks for the update Muf-Muf.

Stuff goes wrong, it's the way of things. It's not in anyone's control.

I will save my debating energy for the real issues, like how disappointed I will be if this FA turns up with the same quests and prizes as last time.

DeletedUser4601

In no are worse than useless, I can't be bothered anymore too much Hassle

DeletedUser2337

Ha ha Poacher!!! ...I realise it's no-one's fault but I do imagine Inno make a huge amount of money from this game...(I don't play any other online games so have nothing to compare it to), surely glitches and bugs this monumental needs investment in more technical team (or developers or something?)

Timneh

Artisan
Bugs from time to time is understandable but we seem to get loads of bugs, there is still a problem with FS chat that affects some players and not others and this can really hurt a FS when one of these events is running. One of my fellowes has had only intermittent chat for several weeks now and he has put in several tickets about it only to be told "we are aware of this issue and the divs team are working hard to find a solution for it, thank you for your patience". Even the divs must realise how important FS chat is in an event that is supposed to encourage FS cooperation. Also what about the bugs that are found on beta but the updates are still brought to the live servers ? that should never happen, the update should be held back to fix the bugs not released regardless. It has been said numerous times that beta is not far enough ahead of live servers and that is one of the problems with all the bugs.

DeletedUser3032

Blaming Beta for issues we have here on Live is not fair to them. Not all issues we experience on Elvenar International surface at Beta, and sometimes something can slip through. Having bugs is in the nature of software development, and while we do our very best to avoid having bugs in our game, and we try to fix those we know about as soon as we can, it's inevitable to have some bugs from time to time.

How can I or anyone blame a server for problems?
When was this installment of FS Adventure tested?? @Muf-Muf There has been serveral live world game updates since it was tested on beta which could have caused problems.

That means that the Adventures will start tomorrow at the earliest (no promises right now!). Once we do re-start the event, which we plan to do, that will also mean that all progress that was made in the first 20 minutes of the event earlier today will be lost.

Does this mean IF it does go ahead tomorrow and it fails again we will lose everything for a second time? Or is it going to be fully tested before coming back on live servers? OR is there something in place to refund the players this time round?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2337

When they do get their act together it would be nice for them to let us know what time the event start! (and by-the-by midnight belongs to the next day..so if it says 21st Sep..it ought to mean midnight just after the 20th!!!). Did find it suspicious they didn't announce a time! Anyway, rant over...Good luck (if it ever gets going!) and I suppose good luck to the tech team!!!

DeletedUser17

...as for me i'm going to go burn something for dinner ( i so love the new smoke alarm, it tells me when the sausages are done ) ;)
Sounds like a good option! I'm going to go cook up a big batch of something so I don't have to cook for a few days!

DeletedUser931

Much as I understand that things can go wrong, it is unacceptable to lose the badges we collected. You should work on a way to compensate those of us who planned ahead. Losing a bunch of 1 day productions is a big deal and you should recognize that.

DeletedUser1578

I regard to prizes, the top 3 getting all the best prizes, and they will be the diamond studded fellowships, same old names will appear again and again. So with this unfair advantage they have, Perhaps the rewards should also be awarded to ANY fellowship that improves their rank position by 5 upward (as an example). This ranking being taken from each adventure played. This would encourage smaller less well organized fellowships to at least attempt the adventure. And above all, it will give all fellowships a serious ranking goal, as well as the points system in place already.

DeletedUser4601

I agree I lost 4, but because of this stupid problem I've collected the goods, no point keeping them for who knows how long.

DeletedUser4698

I don't think anyone blames the beta group of volunteers, as you said, they do a great job. I am curious however, when you say it was tested on the beta servers.. are you referring to this particular Adventure or just the first Adventure? I couldn't help notice in the bit of time that it went live that data from the first Adventure was still there on this version. That is something that would easily be spotted if it were beta tested properly.

Don't get me wrong, as I mean no disrespect. I really enjoy this game, but this was a FUBAR of epic proportions developmentally speaking. The first rule of development is to test, test and then test again before anything goes live. In your zeal to get this live "it appears" some things were skipped.

I don't really want an explanation, but more a promise that your team will in the future not cut corners and that you learned from this mistake. My decisions on how I spend my money on games is tied directly to its ongoing development. I support games that are well managed and developed. As I said, I really enjoy this game so I hope nothing further like this occurs.

DeletedUser1772

... those of us who planned ahead. Losing a bunch of 1 day productions is a big deal...

But luckily the new start is nearly 24 hours away and surely your team was smart enough to start a new production, when the event disappeared after 20 mins. So tomorrow you will be ready and prepared again.

DeletedUser3542

Ok i have to say it, i have been messing around on the internet since way back in the 80's and i do get annoyed at times when things mess up, but ya know its the internet and there is nothing perfect in the real world or this one and so i try not to let it get me in a twist when things go wrong.. it happens and no amount of blame can be laid fairly at anyone person or group, i'm sure the devs are doing what they can to trace the problem and fix it, no easy task considering the huge amounts of data to go through and put right. They are paid to do a job and i'm sure like the rest of us try to do our best as they need that monthly pay cheque the same as i need mine oh and boy do i need mine, my wallet is running on fumes right now :confused: so let's cut them some slack and i for one thank them for all they do as i know how it is to work under pressure, my boss is good at turning the screws lol, so in advance of the fix and it going live i for one thank you guys. :rolleyes:now put the cakes an coffee away and get back to it:p

DeletedUser931

But luckily the new start is nearly 24 hours away and surely your team was smart enough to start a new production, when the event disappeared after 20 mins. So tomorrow you will be ready and prepared again.

I struggle to find the fact that we have another 24 hours to make something we already made a positive, but hey if we are celebrating lack of attention to detail which leads to such an epic fail, I will bring wine and cheese. Those poor devs must be hungry :confused: