• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Fellowship Adventures are here!

DeletedUser1772

I struggle to find the fact that we have another 24 hours to make something we already made a positive, but hey if we are celebrating...
I said neither celebrate, nor positive. I was pointing out, you have time to replace what you lost. So maybe focus on that, instead of complains and requests (demands?) for compensations... I was simply seeing the glass half full.

Nymis

Alchemist
Would it not be more appropriate to delay it for another 48hours? Although it was an unfortunate bug, for those who claimed while it was active will miss out on a day for the 2day goods (if they make them.)
I was lucky and missed the bug so I still have all of mine ready, although it does lock up all of my workshops and T1 manufactories until it's back.
Although if it is pushed back another day, all my stuff would be locked up for a further 24hours...

DeletedUser3032

Much as I understand that things can go wrong, it is unacceptable to lose the badges we collected. You should work on a way to compensate those of us who planned ahead. Losing a bunch of 1 day productions is a big deal and you should recognize that.

Problem is they probably don't track all these. (Even though they said they track everything in a recent video released! Plus a lot of other things. I had a giggle watching it today.) https://www.facebook.com/InnoGames/posts/2002900653057342 I'm sure most will find it funny some of the things they say which contradict a lot of stuff said elsewhere. All rubbish. *Please don't let your children watch it there is bad language within it and who'd have thought there would be words such as oops-a-daisy being used in a video which is meant to be informative, attract and keep players here.@Muf-Muf How come this has been made public is beyond me???? Video 2:51. Can't believe something like this is included when not only adults play the game and watch these videos there are kids too.

I don't think anyone blames the beta group of volunteers, as you said, they do a great job. I am curious however, when you say it was tested on the beta servers.. are you referring to this particular Adventure or just the first Adventure? I couldn't help notice in the bit of time that it went live that data from the first Adventure was still there on this version. That is something that would easily be spotted if it were beta tested properly.

It was not tested a week before like most things. It's not been on there for a good few weeks. (I think it was tested last, a week before it came to live servers the first time) There has been several main game updates since then which have possibly caused the problem. Anything else it wouldn't have taken to long to sort. People have been saying they forgot to wipe the data from the last adventure, but since it's all stored in a database such as MySQL or Oracle it takes 1 command to wipe it and restart the adventure, so something else is at fault.

Why haven't they reported the fact that it will not be today in the Elvenar News? There are probably players who do not read the forum anxiously waiting for it to start.

Good question. Maybe they are not bothered because they do not voice their opinion on here or on any other media, they just play the game. So they are never heard and not thought about.

I said neither celebrate, nor positive. I was pointing out, you have time to replace what you lost. So maybe focus on that, instead of complains and requests (demands?) for compensations... I was simply seeing the glass half full.

The glass is empty :) WAITER!

Last edited by a moderator:

Timneh

Artisan
@Daydreamer calm down no one was having a go at you. You said that the restart (or whatever it might be called) of the FA was less than 24 hours away and i merely pointed out that it could be longer than that from what was told to us by Muf-Muf. If it is longer then as you say players will have a bit more time to replace the items that they lost. I personally lost 6 badges so a bit of extra time will be fine by me so i can replace them.

DeletedUser441

I thought that the Fellowship Adventure hadn't been Beta tested before Int'. Hope all problems are resolved soon.

DeletedUser3032

I thought that the Fellowship Adventure hadn't been Beta tested before Int'. Hope all problems are resolved soon.

It certainly wasn't tested in the last 2 weeks. I think it was tested twice before (it hasn't changed), the last time was the week before it went on international servers, however since then there has been multiple main game updates which may have upset it.

DeletedUser4601

Is the new adventures different from last time, or is it just the prizes?

RodgerR

Adventurer
Does anyone know what is happening regarding the glitch with fellowship adventure which crashed in winyandor,, and what will happen to badges made and the diamonds made by myself and members of my fellowship today, to hurry up the process getting badges.

Will the badges be returned, and if not will the diamonds be returned, because our alliance is not made of money ;P

DeletedUser3988

I may be losing the will to live . . . the excitement is just so crushing. Mmmph.

DeletedUser

It certainly wasn't tested in the last 2 weeks. I think it was tested twice before (it hasn't changed), the last time was the week before it went on international servers, however since then there has been multiple main game updates which may have upset it.

This particular FA has not been tested on Beta; we have the Fall Event right now.

Lelanya

Mentor
Does anyone know what is happening regarding the glitch with fellowship adventure which crashed in winyandor,, and what will happen to badges made and the diamonds made by myself and members of my fellowship today, to hurry up the process getting badges.

Will the badges be returned, and if not will the diamonds be returned, because our alliance is not made of money ;P
Nothing will be done about lost goods. They are gone. Apologies to all involved as I have advised players to write support and now it is a wasted effort.

DeletedUser3097

This is the latest news about the Fellowship Adventures given by Muf-Muf earlier today.

Thank you for your patience and good humour so far. :)

We have some news to share on this topic:

We have found the cause of the problems, but we will not be able to deploy the fix for them today anymore, unfortunately. That means that the Adventures will start tomorrow at the earliest (no promises right now!). Once we do re-start the event, which we plan to do, that will also mean that all progress that was made in the first 20 minutes of the event earlier today will be lost. We know that that isn't great, and we don't like it either, but there is no way for us to recover that data, unfortunately.

About an hour ago now, we believed to have found a way to resolve the problems, and we tried to do so on Arendyll. The event has been available there for a few minutes because of that, but we quickly found that the solution we tried only resolved issues for a very small amount of players, rather than everyone. Therefore, we had to deactivate the event once again. This is the reason why some people have been able to see the event on Arendyll for a bit again. We do apologize for the confusion this may have caused.

To be clear here: we have tested the Fellowship Adventures on Beta. Twice, even, before they came to the Live worlds, which is exceptional. We have found and resolved many issues around the Fellowship Adventures that we found on Beta. Beta can be seen as a "safety net" that catches a lot of problems, both big and small, before we ever see them here at Elvenar International, and we can and should be thankful to the dedicated team at the Beta servers who deal with all kinds of challenges for us, so that we don't have to. Blaming Beta for issues we have here on Live is not fair to them. Not all issues we experience on Elvenar International surface at Beta, and sometimes something can slip through. Having bugs is in the nature of software development, and while we do our very best to avoid having bugs in our game, and we try to fix those we know about as soon as we can, it's inevitable to have some bugs from time to time.

DeletedUser3096

O believe it's around 2pm in Germany so 1pm UK. But could be -1hr I can't remember if daylight saving hours affect the timings.
I'm in the UK, our fellowships started at 12pm instead of 1pm. We had already progressed, then the game crashed and the badge for the quest was gone.
Hopefully not taking our previous work with it!
Inno have advised that they have had to postpone due to problems, but there is no indication of when the quest is likely to start. I believe it will be tomorrow, but who knows what time? :)

DeletedUser3097

Inno have advised that they have had to postpone due to problems, but there is no indication of when the quest is likely to start. I believe it will be tomorrow, but who knows what time? :)

It might be tomorrow but nothing is definite.

DeletedUser3096

These things happen. It is annoying when peeps plan their day. But I think Inno have done the right thing. Rather than rush, as in Arendyll, better to wait till the FS is sound, so evrey fellowship has a fair chance. Thanks to the team to ongoing work. We all enjoy the game and sometimes need to be a little patient.