• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

[Feedback] Reuniting the Hearts of Elvenar

DeletedUser3

Perhaps it could be recommended to announce this type of event earlier, as in a couple days before, both on the forums and in-game? Just so people are aware and can possibly make the time to participate from the very start. Unfortunately this would also give more time for those who can make use of the "exploit" @Zzzyk mentioned to prepare for it. That is, unless the details aren't fully explained until the event actually starts. A hint that it's a race against time, as well as when and where the event is to take place would be all that is required in a prior announcement in my opinion.

We took the decision not to do this on this occasion, so that no-one would be in a position to find all the hearts (hidden before the start of the event) prior to the event actually starting. Unfortunately on an International forum, timed events of this kind will always advantage players in one part of the world and disadvantage those in another part. We had intended to start an hour or so earlier, so as not to be quite so disadvantageous to those in Europe, but as inevitably happens things got a little delayed. We will certainly bear your suggestion in mind for future events of this kind :)

DeletedUser

@Amy Steele

I figured that was the reason you decided not to do this, as well as the burden of an international server making it impossible to find a time where everyone gets a fair chance to be online at the right moment in the first place. Thank you for continuing to consider it in the future though. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser791

Well in that case let my assure you, I spent a good 3h 30min checking every thread and every page manually. I understand your point/concern though, as I have been wondering similar myself.
Hi Valerius,
I am sure that you did the search manually as I did myself (my finger still hurts from scrolling!). But overall the concern remains who has / will be making use of the available source code.

DeletedUser

Hi Valerius,
I am sure that you did the search manually as I did myself (my finger still hurts from scrolling!). But overall the concern remains who has / will be making use of the available source code.
Going to keep my fingers crossed that no one does... And if they do: they make a mistake somewhere or get caught (by finishing far too early). ;)

Continue to wish everyone luck and happy hunting! :)

P.S.: Is it just me or did Cupid hire a helper this year? I have a feeling a certain somebody literally 'hopped' in to give a... paw? :p

Valnad

Spellcaster
Question: are any of the hearts hidden inside spoilter-brackets?

Because I have now searched through the entire message board meticulously. Archives, multi-page threads, spam threads; I've been everywhere. I managed to find 13 blue hearts and 12 red ones. Doing it all over again in hopes of finding that one blue heart or one of the two reds is just not going to happen :D

Last edited:

Rimella

Adventurer
My problem is - I have found 3 hearts already - but I just don't understand what to type in the box, once I press the # key
(sorry new and maybe a bit past tech area)

DeletedUser

press the # key then go to edit and copy the url sentence to end saying url then paste in thread....hope that helps.x

Rimella

Adventurer
No still don't get it - there are already URL in the box- and they refer to the page where I found my heart! So I just do not understand at all what is to be edited :(

DeletedUser

I found all the blue ones, but for some reason, can't find any red. Is it possible that my computer is not displaying the red ones?

DeletedUser

@Rimella,

What you need to do is the following:​

Step 1:
step1.jpg

Step 2a:
Paste the link in your post, it should automatically turn into a click-able link after you've posted.

Alternatively:

Step 2b:
step2.jpg

Step 3b:
step3.jpg

Step 4:

Now you've linked the post as well, though this option is mainly for wrapping text or an image with a link. (My signature makes use of that feature for example.)

That's all you need to do, for every post in which you find a heart. :)
Hope it helped.

~ Valerius​

DeletedUser

I found all the blue ones, but for some reason, can't find any red. Is it possible that my computer is not displaying the red ones?

Nm - I have now found two of the suckers. Odd that I found the blue ones first. Feels like rune hunting where you get all the ones you don't need. ;)

Rimella

Adventurer
Valerius!! What can I say ? Thank you sooo much...

but... still not there

It says in your explanation - post it in your post - what do you mean? where do I send the post to? Obviously, I don't want everyone to read the post so that they all copy my answers (I have only 7/28 anyway)

But thank you so much; I have learnt so much thanks to you, in 48 hours of using this forum
Rimella:)

DeletedUser

@Rimella

You just need to create one post in this forum section here (<-- Link).
Do not worry, no one will see your thread except the staff. :)

~ Valerius

P.S.: You're welcome. ;)

Source:
Amy Steele said:
You will create ONE thread in the competitions forum, click the link and it will re-direct you to the correct section to create your thread. This thread will be used for ALL your entries. You may either edit your original post or create a new post for each heart found.

DeletedUser1589

i find one what do i have to do sorry for my question but i'm new here

Deleted User - 106219

After hours of searching I finally found all 28. Hopefully future competions won't be as time-consuming as this one...

DeletedUser1589

i read something about a link. Do i have to set my answer there?