• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Community based building

cwgiii

Shaman
the whole 4x1 vs 1x4 thing would be so much simpler if there was a rotate item button...

Unfortunately, this request has been made and answered a few times.

The devs feel (summarizing here) that a pivotal aspect of the game (pardon the pun), is the puzzle aspect of fitting structures together within the game and figuring out the best way to re-arrange, move, plan, etc. as your city develops. It is part of the challenge and fun in this particular game and makes Elvenar unique compared to other games.

DeletedUser6306

Unfortunately, this request has been made and answered a few times.

The devs feel (summarizing here) that a pivotal aspect of the game (pardon the pun), is the puzzle aspect of fitting structures together within the game and figuring out the best way to re-arrange, move, plan, etc. as your city develops. It is part of the challenge and fun in this particular game and makes Elvenar unique compared to other games.

Ah cool, apologies for bringing up a dated subject :oops::)
It does add a little extra advance thinking I guess. :)

DeletedUser6306

Aye, I may have expanded a little too quickly and am now bogged down with catching up with myself :oops:

DeletedUser5929

I agree that the benefit of the building is the most important factor, and personally I am more in favour of 2 x 2 not requiring any road connection.

DeletedUser5929

I notice that (as far as I know) there is no building that gives a benefit to all members of a fellowship.
It would be nice to see something that people will want to build because it gives some enhancement or benefit to all the players in the same fellowship. There needs to be a way of increasing the interest in joining a fellowship, combined with a way to increase the communication between both the members of a fellowship, as well as between players in general. The benefits could increase based on the levels of the players, and or the number of players in the fellowship.
Unless I have missed it somewhere, I have not seen anything that explains to benefits of joining a fellowship..

cwgiii

Shaman
There are a couple of places where this is listed (benefits of Fellowships). The Wiki for one. Almost all of the sites associated with the game (Like GamersGemsOfKnowledgem PlatinumLeaf, etc highly recommend Fellowships listing the benefits).

DeletedUser6669

I'd go for a rectangular, not a square shape, whether it needs road connection or not ;)

Pauly7

Magus
Well that's the official line, but also they don't want to (or can't) code 4 times as many images of all the buildings, which is what it would take to allow people to rotate things.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Well that's the official line, but also they don't want to (or can't) code 4 times as many images of all the buildings, which is what it would take to allow people to rotate things.
A lot of people are already having memory issues because the game is actually loading all the images FULL SIZE, storing them in memory and increasing this load with each different display, with each new visit... they simply can't multiply this problem by 4... they should rethink their memory allocation strategy first... :rolleyes:

Rimella

Adventurer
Hi I never ever go on forums, as I have many ideas in the past and they were all ignored.

I was just thinking "what about a common building for the fs", which would be upgradable and would have the folllowing feature: store inactive builders from members that could be reused by others.

Then I found this thread!!

OK my idea may be ridiculous: re-employ inactive builders by lending them to others, but the the idea of a common building is something I wholeheartedly support. My fs prides itself in having a massive group cohesion - that comes from doing FAs and having reached the amazing 3rd place in March. So a common building would mean the world to us.

Rimella
(archmage of The Vertchoux Empire)

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Hi I never ever go on forums, as I have many ideas in the past and they were all ignored.

I was just thinking "what about a common building for the fs", which would be upgradable and would have the folllowing feature: store inactive builders from members that could be reused by others.

Then I found this thread!!

OK my idea may be ridiculous: re-employ inactive builders by lending them to others, but the the idea of a common building is something I wholeheartedly support. My fs prides itself in having a massive group cohesion - that comes from doing FAs and having reached the amazing 3rd place in March. So a common building would mean the world to us.

Rimella
(archmage of The Vertchoux Empire)

+1 [COLOR=#0080ff][B][SIZE=6]@Rimella[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
The need to have more than 2 builders is a part of the game that gives Inno some reliable incomes from most of the advanced players so if some have 5 unemployed ones and are able to lend them to less advanced players, I can already imagine Inno's opinion about it...
"Don't touch the grisbi, you beach !"
(Monsieur Gangster/Crooks in Clover, 1963, orig: Les tontons flingueurs, literally Gun-toting Uncles,
adaptation of the Albert Simonin book Grisbi or not grisbi.)

Buuuuuuuut... Perhaps if the loan is limited, like max 1 per player, the money lost could be more acceptable to Inno ?

Interesting (new) old track to follow imo. ;)

Last edited: