• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered City Move - or not

• Thread starter DeletedUser3418
  • Start date

KermitsDad

Alchemist
Below are some statistics from 1st May 2017.

Arendyll - 83,904 total players - 59,180 have a score of 1 or more - 24,724 (29.5%) have a score of zero.
Winyandor - 81,103 total players - 56,617 have a score of 1 or more - 24,486 (30.2%) have a score of zero.

It looks like at least 48K cities have been replaced with gold mines in the last 2 months.

Above data taken from my post "Abandoned cities" :-
https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/abandoned-cities.4475/

DeletedUser

I've always had the move option ticked, at the moment all my cities have a lot of gold mines - my main city has been playing in excess of 2 years and currently has 45 goldmines, I have scouted 409 provinces and out of that number I think that "maybe" 10 of my neighbours them are active.

There has been just one move in the whole of my neighbourhood since we were able to choose if we wanted to move, and only one of my active neighbours was moved, the rest of us all stayed put and that included the larger cities which are inactive.

I'm amazed that Inno is unable to move me nearer to the centre of the map bearing in mind how many people have quit - it should be a continuous process, move the actives towards the centre and the inactives towards the edge (inactives = those who are past Chapter III or who have bought diamonds) while deleting those who have been inactive for over a month but not reached Chapter III or spent diamonds. From experience I know that we have x number of gold mines and then they are filled with new players, most of whom quit, some will get to higher than Chapter III or spend diamonds on their way out of the door and so the number of dead larger cities will grow and the number of gold mines will decrease.

Nothing will happen which will increase the number of active neighbours because of this, and the number of gold mines will decrease accordingly.

Please Inno, don't give us the option to move if you don't follow through!!!

Timneh

Artisan
I actually believe that Inno do not know how to fix this. There is no way that they can not be aware of the problem but i think they never thought it was ever going to be this big a problem. Maybe they thought they had a gome that was so good that players would not want to quit. Over the last year or so that i have been playing Inno have made quite a few changes to the game that seem (to me) to be aimed at forcing players to play the way Inno want them to but they seem to be blind to the fact that the way the game is at the moment we can not play the Inno way. In past Inno videos Timon has said how they want us to trade with each other but we can't do that when we don't have active neighbours.
Message to Inno devs....take your heads out of your backsides for a while and take a look at the game you actually have and not the game that you think you have. You might have a big shock.

DeletedUser3337

Dunno what you all so grumpy about.
Hand full of players who complain on forum .... while thousands out there play happily ever after.
They seem to be content with the game, for those 15 minutes a day.

This forum is as active as the game itself, I always see the same names pop up.
Burst of energy from the devs you desire? Player-base itself is not even bursting with energy.
Was is not the word 'patience' is saw many many many times?
So, all is neat, all is peaceful, all is quiet. I sometimes even fall asleep while playing this game.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
you must also consider this : 3 goods for each tier means 3x3x3 different boosted layouts... only 1 over 27 (free) spaces is the same boosted than yours... and you can only be moved to a place that have same boosted as yours :rolleyes:

And also, Inno seems to have hired more art designers and big smile chicks for tv shows than real brainy code managers... or perhaps germans guys are best submariners than programmers, I don't know...I still have a deep respect for the U-boot guys when I never heard about a german exceptional advance in any IT work... perhaps beeing obedient isn't the best way to have imagination or to think one step ahead your nose ? :eek:

Last edited:

DeletedUser219

@tonton-des-bois It's not quite that difficult, there are only 9 of the 27 possible combinations on the World map, thanks to the way the map is laid out. This is why you end up with local shortages of certain Goods.

Timneh

Artisan
When you look at what King0r has found out and the middle of the world map has very few players in it the reason for not moving players can not be due to lack of space with the same boosted goods as they have unless almost everyone has the same boosted goods.
It would be very interesting to hear why Muf-Muf says that the only world with space for new players is the new one(can't remember the name at the moment) because when you look this is clearly not the case.

DeletedUser3781

It seems the capacity for the new players does not depend on the empty spaces on the world map, but rather number of the transactions being made on this world. Here is a post by US forum mod:
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/coin-cities.7383/page-2#post-57338

InnoGames uses a great many tools to determine when an additional world is needed. The number of cities in the roster, including the 0 rank cities and the inactive cities that are on the map, are just entries on a disc drive somewhere in the server farm.
The number of concurrent users and the number of transactions per minute have FAR more to do with response time, and thereby the need for an additional world.

DeletedUser3032

wooooo they deleted 2034 players today. Would have taken 2 secs for the server to do that. Why can't they do 10x that and get it over a done with?

Now they need to find 20x that in players to get that many people to stay for more than 20 minutes.

Timneh

Artisan
Now they need to find 20x that in players to get that many people to stay for more than 20 minutes.

That's never going to happen and even if it did they would all be sent to the new world (still can't remember what it's called) because that is the only world that can take new players at this time. At least that is what Muf-Muf said.

DeletedUser3032

Yup they are filling the new world up with 50k soon to be inactive players.

DeletedUser3032

New world (FELYNDRAL), 33,314 out of 45,296 (73.54733309784528%) have played a max of 30mins and left ;/

Potential 11,982 active. However it does not take into account players who play for a few hours, a day or even a week and then quit. So you could easily chop that into 4 pieces, give 3 to the dogs and you'd probably still be well off actual active player numbers.

Since 'apparently' the other worlds are full so they are not putting players into EN1+2, which I have doubted all along. How the hell is EN3 still getting new players and it has more players than 1+2...???? Surely EN3 is full!!! LOL

Also going off other servers, some have 100k players so where is the 'There is no room at the Inn' sign on those servers???? pmsl. @Muf-Muf

DeletedUser3542

I play a human on Arendyll ( i'm in a good area there ) and wanted to see how it would be if i was an elf pointy ears an all, so i started a new game on Felyndral, i got my pointy ears and all things elfish and set to building my city. I went visiting the neighbours and its like a cheap horror flick out there ( i see dead people ) last night the radio was on and Celine Dion blasting out her song " all by myself" i caught myself changing it slightly to "all by my elf " now that damn song ( altered for ever ) is stuck in my head.. maybe one day soon they will move me to where the living are ( or the funny farm ) but for now i'll hang in there and keep pluggin away at my city and see how it goes..:confused:

Timneh

Artisan
I play a human on Arendyll ( i'm in a good area there ) and wanted to see how it would be if i was an elf pointy ears an all, so i started a new game on Felyndral, i got my pointy ears and all things elfish and set to building my city. I went visiting the neighbours and its like a cheap horror flick out there ( i see dead people ) last night the radio was on and Celine Dion blasting out her song " all by myself" i caught myself changing it slightly to "all by my elf " now that damn song ( altered for ever ) is stuck in my head.. maybe one day soon they will move me to where the living are ( or the funny farm ) but for now i'll hang in there and keep pluggin away at my city and see how it goes..:confused:

Almost fell off my chair laughing at that.