• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered City Move - or not

• Thread starter DeletedUser3418
  • Start date

DeletedUser3418

Hi there,

With regards to Felyndral

I received a message on the 12/06/17 saying that my City had been moved to an area of the world that has more active players. Well... as far as I can see I'm still in the same place with the same 1 active player next to me. To my left there are no players at all and the remainder of the players that surround me appear to have logged on and then abandoned their cities.

Did I actually move?? in any case it certainly didn't deliver on the promise of having more active players around me. Could you try again please?

Thanks in advance

Taz

DeletedUser3542

Hi Taztastic. I Don't think the mods on the forum can do much to help but pass this on to the support team, it might be faster if you went back to the main forum page as the mods are volunteers who might not be online right now and click the link to Elvenar Support on the right of the page and give them the heads up on this.. good luck with it.

DeletedUser3032

I've got my setting for moving turned off. Even though I have very little active players around me, they are at least decent traders and helpers. The center of the map on Winyandor is pretty dead, with loads of space free, therefore I do not want to be moving inwards like they have been telling us they are going to do. Need to get new players pushed into the older servers, not put in the new one and not mess us around moving us somewhere even worse.

DeletedUser3542

Like you King0r i have the option to be moved turned off also as i'm lucky enough to be in a good area on Arendyll where trading is good and the help too, most are active around this area and more advanced than i am so i don't want to be moved from here.

DeletedUser3418

Hi guys, your comments had me quickly looking at my settings to make sure I had the option to move turned on... which I have (phew).

I have raised a ticket now and I am awaiting a response from the team.

DeletedUser3418

Here is the response from the support team:

Hello Taztastic,

Thank you for contacting the Elvenar support team. Movement of players on the world map is an automatic process over which we have no manual control, and which occurs every Monday.

It is dependent on your personal settings in the game whether or not you can be moved. To view your settings, please ingame go to Settings, the cog in the right bottom of the screen > Options > Allow automatic movement to better position. For your city to be able to be moved, this setting has to be enabled.

Do know that having this setting enabled is not a guarantee that your city will be moved. For your city to be moved, there needs to be an available spot on the world map that matches your current (this is needed for e.g. maintaining your boosted goods and other things), and which is closer to the center of the world map as well. Also please know that we move players furthest from the map's center first, so it can be that your city is not moved because others were moved first, filling the available spots.

Since we are unable to influence the moving of your city, we can only ask you to be patient. Once a better spot becomes available for you, your city will be moved. Should we be able to help in any other way, please do let us know. We would be happy to assist. For now, we wish you a great time exploring the magical world of Elvenar!

Kind regards,

Eamany
Senior Game Moderator

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Some inactives, less than chapter 3 AND not premium are removed, okay ?
But other inactives aren't moved to the border so very few free space, okay ?
But newbies will fill the few holes, okay ?
So, you have been moved where the only free space was... your own... :p

This move is usually called "moonwalk"...
pop_singer_moon_walk_md_wm.gif

Michael Jackson's choreography by Inno...

Last edited:

DeletedUser3032

@Taztastic plenty of places with dust, scrolls and steel near the center. + 100 places with inactives too!

Oh @Taztastic Btw, this is where you are

taz.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3542

Hi Taztastic, thanks for posting the response from the support team, i'm impressed at the speedy response from Eamany and a detailed explanation of how the city movement system works, now all you need do is sit back and wait ( not too long i hope ) till then happy gaming :)

DeletedUser3032

Problem is the number of accounts which fit the criteria to be move/deleting is very low. So don't expect to be moved.

1. Probably is 20-30k+ accounts chapter 3+ which are inactive. Will not be deleted.
This includes players who have given up, got bored, finished all the game content etc.
2. Probably is 10k+ accounts which have purchased diamonds who are inactive. Will not be deleted.

Both are likely to be higher than that. So the number of accounts which meet the criteria are going to be very few. 30k+10k = 40k (55k players - 40k = 15k)
15k Players, of which includes active and non-active players who meet the criteria. Tbh, no company would delete 4k+ players in 1 hit and wait for the server to pick up new players. It will be dead everywhere for years. People see cities everywhere, no blank spaces and so presume the games busy with lots of active (keeps them coming back for a while, no one likes a dead game). I'd like to see them do this though, then throw everyone regardless of settings to the center.

The next thing to look at is retention rates. Most online games are like 10-40%. Not many reach anywhere near the top of that. So take the middle ground. 20%. There is approx 11k players here working on that. Which I very much doubt. Figures don't add up. Many things point to this being significantly lower. It's more like 2-6k. But even that is stupidly high. You would think being such a long game there would be a lot of forum activity as well as in-game trades and help from your neighbors but there isn't. Also remember this forum is for 3 worlds. So if all are full it's gonna be like 180k players. I know a lot of players play 2 or 3 but the number of unique players is easily going to be over 100k.

The main problem is the number of new players who sign up (example 10), 4 quit before the tutorial, 6 do the tutorial, 2 quit before chapter 3, 2 quit after chapter 3 and 2 continue. So the higher numbers of players who leave are those before and just after the tutorial. So one idea which may cut down on these cities remaining on the map for a long period of time would be to introduce a few screens into the tutorial showing how to quit and remove your own account. Probably a good portion of players will do it so 'another' company doesn't have their information anymore (email address etc). A nice big 'DELETE' account button in the settings. Players cannot be bothered to open a support ticket or their inbox just to send an email requesting their account to be removed. So the solution is simple. Would cut down 20-30% of inactive worlds. Freeing up more space (because there is not any apparently...???) to move people to the center, as Inno have put it.

The cities of players who signup but do not even load the game are on the map, with no buildings at all on. These could be cleaned up on a weekly basis. There is literally tonnes of them. When you click the world map button when you're visiting them, you go directly back on top of your own city and not the one you were on.

Last edited by a moderator:

cwgiii

Shaman
A nice big 'DELETE' account button in the settings. Players cannot be bothered to open a support ticket or their inbox just to send an email requesting their account to be removed. So the solution is simple. Would cut down 20-30% of inactive worlds. Freeing up more space (because there is not any apparently...???) to move people to the center, as Inno have put it.

I agree that this would definitely help (us, the players). Not a full solution, but an improvement. Unfortunately, Inno has no incentive to do this. As you stated earlier, the appearance of a "full" game helps them.

DeletedUser3032

Yup it helps them to some degree.

Yesterday there was 55005 players. Today there is 54835. So they are deleting some. Doesn't look like there have been any sign ups though.

One thing I just checked out, took me a while because of dam freezes but there are 7,321 accounts sitting at the end of the tutorial, somewhere during it or have not even loaded the city. That's a massive 13.350718506090889%. Now there will be a load more players who play for 5-10 mins then leave so here we go....

The next thing after the tutorial (19 points) you will be building a house and T1 production. So I have built 1 extra house, leveled it to 2. Upgraded my workshop to level 2 and built a marble factory (21 points). In total 52 points. What I will do is add 17 on because steel production building at level 1 is the highest at 38 points. So new total 69 points. Just doing these few things have only taken 2 minutes.

At this stage: 1 Steel lvl1, 1 WS lvl 2 and 2 Houses lvl 2 - There are 19,096 at this stage or earlier. Maybe 2 or 3 active from registering 2 minutes ago but doubt it.

NEXT: Build 2nd T1 production and level them to lvl 2, Build 2 more houses and level them to lvl 2. (129 points total). 23,857 At this stage or earlier. < This is almost 1/2 the server!!!!

Lets see how close we can get shall we....

Right less than 15 minutes in here is what it looks like.
6 x level 2 houses, 2 x level 2 marble and 5 x level 2 workshops. Remember we are working it on steel. Difference between lvl 2 marble and steel is 42 points combined.
start1.png

So we add 42 to the total points = 189+42 = 231 points. (Just a little higher than half the amount of players)
start2.png

15 minutes of gameplay. You can see how little I have done. There are 27,562 at this stage or before. I bet not even 5 of them are still here now unless they registered while I was doing this. This is a total of 50.26260121088336% of the server.

1hr45mins to upgrade 2 houses to lvl 3 adds 8 points. 239 points total. (this is the boring stage having to wait more than 2minutes) There are another 163 within that 8 point difference. So I would like to seriously know how many points on average a player has just before entering chapter 3.

Absolutely insane figures. Hardly any signup. It's a huge joke. I seriously think you can add another 20% on top of that with less than 10 people below chapter 3 actually active.

Read this and weep. @Muf-Muf

DeletedUser3418

Thanks for all the input. I had no idea this would spark such a debate, but it's great to see that players are so knowledgeable and willing to get involved.

I am resigned to the fact that I will probable have to sit here in this sparsely populated part of the world for a while to come, but I'll keep plodding on.

Good luck to you all and thanks

cwgiii

Shaman
This is a total of 50.26260121088336% of the server.
Awesome hard data kingOr. Definitely proves your point. Imagine how much more fun it would be if the "Powers The Be" would move all truly active players to a server of their own and then keep it purged as folks drop out.

DeletedUser3032

Going off last tournament, 4943 people took part. I'm feeling generous this afternoon so we will say 6k. 1057 people were on holiday in the Antartic with no internet for a week. 10% of players took part. 89.06% did not and are presumed dead. ;/

And they say there is no room at the inn. Clearly is. Go knock on some doors. Soon get bored and open it and find no one at home!

They take no notice anyway @Taztastic don't think they listen or use our suggestions to the problems unless it's about unicorns.

DeletedUser3032

@Muf-Muf

$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM user_table WHERE date < '(todays date - 30 days)' AND user_points < 20");
while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)) {
mail($row['email']', 'Elvenar Notice', n00b you have been terminated);
$result1 = mysql_query("DELETE FROM user_table WHERE username= " $row['username'] "");
}
mail(king0r, Job Done, Thanks! Team Elvenar)

DeletedUser3337

Buffie lemme do some stats too! 6000 players on Winyandor?

76, 264789314% who log in once a day, set their manufactories and workshops to 1 day production .. do a random click click click NH visits and log off again. Oh yeah and they might click click click a few encounters during a tournament ... (or less even)
15.697512435% who log in twice a day to set all to 9hrs productions but oh lord, zooof go offline again, cuz the dog needs a peepee.
7.659872321% who are online for longer than 20 minutes and they actually know why Inno implemented a fellowship-chat.
0.37782593% are really into this game, they discovered 1hr and 3hr productions and they luv them tournies and ow .. they even take the effort to read the forum once in a while. Those are the catlovers, I tell you!

This is such a low-energy game ....

DeletedUser3781

I think deleting is less of a problem than moving... I have quite a lot of empty spots around me, but people are not moved there.
Maybe everyone is happy with their neighborhood? ;)

Timneh

Artisan
I think we need to give the devs a break because they are very very busy with very very important things such as changing the name of buildings to summonings and spells to enchantments. These are obviously very important changes but we the players would love to see some minor unimportant changes as well such as sorting this world map disaster out. No rush for it Inno just when you have time because i am sure you have more very important things to work on such as choosing if you want 1 or 2 buiscuits with your afternoon cup of tea or coffee.