• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Cauldron Recipes

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Yay, managed to get two military effects again. :)
I was trying to get three but 2.5% chance might not be enough to get it. :D

100.png

101.png

102.png

Jake65

Sage
@Silly Bubbles, completely random observation, I see your MA is level 2.
Is there any reason why you haven't maxed it to 5?
Purely a strategy/choices question, it's interesting how everybody plays differently.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
@Silly Bubbles, completely random observation, I see your MA is level 2.
Is there any reason why you haven't maxed it to 5?
Purely a strategy/choices question, it's interesting how everybody plays differently.

I haven't had a need to do it yet. My crafting is quite balanced so getting more CCs and fragments will not improve it because I'll run out of time instants. This could be because of my 6 Moonstone Library sets. I could craft other enchantments but I'm starting to hit millions on some of them. Extra fragments can be useful in brewing but I usually use event buildings so I don't have that many of them. But it's on the list.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I tried to come up with the ultimate recipe for military boosts ignoring diamond cost so here's my version:

104.png

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Let me know if you want a specific recipe, just include your number of diplomas to make it a bit more accurate but it's not necessary. I can base it on 20 diplomas to make it useful to others as well. The percentages are different for different diplomas but usefulness of the ingredients not as much. You will need to adjust it to your needs because of diamond ingredients and different amount of witch points. Just decreasing one from each ingredients and/or all diamond ingredients till you hit your desired cost should do the trick.

Last edited:

Niizuki

Novice
Hi, I wanted to ask what is the point of cauldron? I tried using it, but I dont see any benefit from having 10 percent increase of my units for 8 hours.

Am I reading something wrong? Or is there some really specific way how I should use my bonuses?

Jake65

Sage
Hi, I wanted to ask what is the point of cauldron? I tried using it, but I dont see any benefit from having 10 percent increase of my units for 8 hours.

Am I reading something wrong? Or is there some really specific way how I should use my bonuses?
The timing is important. If you use the cauldron just before doing a round of the tournament or a couple of spire levels then the boost is a help.
Same for goods, brewing just before collecting overnight productions gets you the most benefit.

SkyRider99

Mentor

Yeah, I am not feeling their love too much either @Niizuki. The magical effects/boosts are relatively small, and the cost of applying the boosts is ever increasing. I try to look on the Cauldron as a bit of extra fun, rather than hoping it will give me any worthwhile benefit. :cool:

Jake65

Sage
I notice that you have 22 ingredients. I can currently input a maximum of 13 ingredients without resorting to diamonds. Is this chapter related ? Am currently in Halflings. Also, does success rate increase with chapter ? I dont remember ever touching 75%.
You get access to more ingredients as you complete chapters.
You have to complete all the research though to get the extra ingredient.
If you leave some non-mandatory researches unfinished for those pesky quests then you won't gain the additional ingredient.
Screenshots from the browser version:
ResearchDiploma~Icon.jpg

ResearchDiploma~Flyout.jpg

PrinceHarry

Seeker
Jake65, are you referring to ingredients or diplomas, because I have the same number of ingredients as Silly Bubbles, which is 12. My point is, I can only slot 13 ingredients into my recipe while remaining within my witch points limit, by choosing the lowest costing ingredient each time. In Silly Bubble's graphic above, there are 22 ingredients in the pot. No use of diamonds by the looks of it. Is that number chapter related ? I am in halflings. Or am I reading the information incorrectly. The number of ingredients also seems to increase the success rate.

Jake65

Sage
ingredients or diplomas
Now I think I'm confused.
Actually, I know I'm confused....
The number of witch points you have seems to increase with (individual??) researched technologies which would relate to chapter level to a degree depending on how many techs you skip.
WitchPoints.jpg

I thought the completed chapter research trees gave ingredients but if we've all got 12 ingredients then I guess completed research trees give more possible effects (is this the diploma?)
I can't see how many effects I have until I've brewed and then go and study but that will probably only be on Thursday (yay, yay, FA day :p )

For interest's sake, I can get 20 ingredients in the mix using the cheapest options.
Yuk.jpg

@Silly Bubbles heeeelllpppp!! :D
Is a diploma an effect or the level of the effect?

PrinceHarry

Seeker
I used the term diploma to refer to the effect. And I read Silly Bubble's guide. There is mention of 25 % reduction in cost of witch points with each diploma. Think that's the reason higher chapters allow for greater number of ingredients in the mix. Anybody can confirm ?