• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Behind the Scenes: Fellowship-based Tournaments

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
One main concern of our current tournaments with neighbors is that we have many rewards to offer (e.g. the checkpoint rewards), but not many people seem to be able to reach them because they have to rely on their neighbors, and it's hard to influence your neighbors into doing something. With the fellowships, however, you have a lot more you can influence: you can find a fellowship that suits your needs, so that you can play with people who think about how to play in ways similar to your own. Also, since there is a chat functionality within the fellowship, as well as circular messages, it is a lot easier to communicate with those players than it would be to communicate with your neighbors. :)

DeletedUser1353

Liking the change! Will there be some change in rewards as well? The current checkpoint rewards feel a bit lackluster.

Also means anyone that has chosen NOT to be in a fellowship is now penalised, whereas with the current system there are always a few neighbours around

Well, the current system penalizes players that are in an inactive neighborhood - something that the player can't affect. By choosing to not be in a FS you kinda penalize yourself by having less tradepartners and neighborly help anyways.

DeletedUser363

Well, the current system penalizes players that are in an inactive neighborhood - something that the player can't affect. By choosing to not be in a FS you kinda penalize yourself by having less tradepartners and neighborly help anyways.
Not if you have plenty of neighbours, it is another way of them saying play any way you want - as long as it's their way - totally different from at the start, I worked very hard keeping 2 villages going in both worlds from virtually the start of the game, being an AM in one world takes up more time than just being in a fs - meaning I don't want to be in one in my second world - not a problem until all the changes, not self inflicted - Inno inflicted

DeletedUser1882

I thinking this is one of the best Ideas that inno has come up with ,neighbor do not part take much and when they do its for their own benefits and their own fellowships and rightly so , making the game more fellowship friendly in a plus A ^5 FOR THIS ONE INNO Once said and done the battle redesign was brilliant" incorporating it to the game was a task for both players and Devs but as made a big improvement to the game.

DeletedUser487

Having read all the messages here, I do think this is a step in the right direction for the game. I think fellowships have been totally underused and this seems like an ideal way to utilise them. I look forward to it!

DeletedUser1823

This is a good idea and will encourage fellowships to work together better

DeletedUser2884

Wondering if the Team can give us an Idea of when this is going to happen. My FS is really looking forward to this change for the better.

DeletedUser1829

Liking the change! Will there be some change in rewards as well? The current checkpoint rewards feel a bit lackluster.
It is on beta now and yep the rewards are altered, more interesting in my opinion. Still yet to determine if they are achievable though.

@Nickilli It came to beta this week so hopefully we will see it soon on live servers. They delayed the tournament a day so it started after the update so there is a strong chance they will take the same approach when it comes to live servers as well.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
We have indeed made this change with yesterday's Beta update, and normally we would therefore have this on the International servers in two weeks' time. :)

If you want to have a look already, head over to Beta and check it out: https://beta.elvenar.com. :)

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
I do like the idea of a fellowship grouping for tournaments ... not sure how that will work on the ground as most fellows are quite wide spread on the map.

Does seem similar to the Guild expeditions from FoE (Which i do enjoy tbh and I think its a good development for FoE) but that caused issues with some over those not willing/able to take part or take part enough to help the guild win/do well. Some guilds have even exiled on the basis of not taking part^^. Ofc the prizes are good so most do them if they can but then ... not all of us have a lot of time/resources/troops to do much. Will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
We might experience some shifts in the current Fellowships as players who want to participate in the Tournaments with an entire Fellowship get together, but the Tournaments are in no way a "mandatory" part of Elvenar to play, and are also not meant to be like that. You can still play Elvenar as you were used to, or even without touching any Tournament ever. You can participate in the Tournaments (and of course we'd hope you do - we want everyone to enjoy them, in the end), but you don't have to. :)

Cregganroe

Conjurer
After reading up on Beta I agree with them you are going to end up with diamond fellowships and non-diamond ones and us members are going to have to wait and see which one our fellowship is going to be and maybe end up with one that isn't our choice but rather whether we are a have or have not member......

DeletedUser

After reading up on Beta I agree with them you are going to end up with diamond fellowships and non-diamond ones and us members are going to have to wait and see which one our fellowship is going to be and maybe end up with one that isn't our choice but rather whether we are a have or have not member......
I'm not sure that I agree with this, in my Arendyll fellowship we have both diamond and non-diamond users and I, as a diamond user, wouldn't kick out any person because they were non-diamond or because they didn't want to participate in tournaments.

Killiak

Artisan
but the Tournaments are in no way a "mandatory" part of Elvenar to play

I remember a previous Community Manager saying that the "new" tournaments would make sure that people who got stuck on Orcs would still have access to obtaining relics. So that they wouldn't get screwed out of Events.

And now you are tossing the tournaments. Maybe you should remove Relic-gathering from Events then, as for a lot of people the tournaments are the ONLY way to get the considerable amount of relics the events require.

So let's be realistic; they ARE mandatory if you want to participate in all that Elvenar offers. I sincerely hope that these Fellowship Tournaments are actually fellowship based and NOT map based.

If not, we can add another notch on the (long) list of Inno Fail.

Last edited:

DeletedUser219

Tournament are NOT being tossed, if you can read. Nor are the individual awards for completing Provinces.
Yes, you are still fighting in the theme Provinces close to you, but the final awards are not dependant on somebody else fighting in the same Province, much fairer for those who are out on the edge of the map, or are surrounded by beginning players.

Killiak

Artisan
Tournament are NOT being tossed, if you can read. Nor are the individual awards for completing Provinces.
Yes, you are still fighting in the theme Provinces close to you, but the final awards are not dependant on somebody else fighting in the same Province, much fairer for those who are out on the edge of the map, or are surrounded by beginning players.

I can read just fine, thank you, and the specific language used concerning the rewards does not inspire confidence in the changes to be made.
Which in turn leads me to question the amount of relics we might still be able to get. A question I want answered by an actual Inno rep.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
I can read just fine, thank you, and the specific language used concerning the rewards does not inspire confidence in the changes to be made.
Which in turn leads me to question the amount of relics we might still be able to get. A question I want answered by an actual Inno rep.
I can tell you this, you will be able to get less relics, but thats not a bad thing, we allready got way to much anyway.
For example if i did 10 provinces to all 6 lvls, that would give me 20 extra relics in the final reward. with the new bonus now, i wont be able to get 10 at the end of the tournament (me solo), ofcourse your final reward depends on the fellowship contribution.

The ammount of relics/rune/tournament point you get as a player for each province, stays exactly the same, in other wordt you still get 6 relics for each province on lvl 5. wich gives you more then you need :)

DeletedUser1829

The group rewards now include KP, spells and more levels with runes. The biggest concern is the ability to obtain the final reward for a blueprint, best look at the beta forum to see why.