• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Behind the Scenes: Fellowship-based Tournaments

DeletedUser2886

oh and it appears someone I applied to before I went to bed accepted me and in my notifications it shows the rewards....and they are rewards from this new fellowship. that says to me that the old fellowship probably did get my points because the rewards are just listed as chest completion. I did more points by myself than the 1-24 in this fellowship and in the old one we hit 5 chests. this one hit two

People have confirmed that moving in and out of fellowships that the points drop from your fellowship and if you go to a new one add to it. While there will be cases this is unfair it would be the simplest to program

ServerPlanksScrolls
Beta?11
EN1412
EN2611
US1511
US2510
US336
US4310
US526
TOTAL2877

well those confirmations are all false because ive just joined a new one and my 10k points (would have been way more) are not accounted for in this new fellowship. In the contributors there is one guy with 7572 and then the other 23 varying values under 1k, so no those people are lying you don't add to it if you go to a new one. I'm pretty convinced they got my 10k+ points (which had the tournament stopped then would have made them fell short of the chest they were on). had I still been there my score would have obviously increased again since I had 2 more rounds and 10 province in each round

Having just finished my first 'Fellowship Tournament' I thought it was an improvement over the neighbourhood based ones by a lot. I have maybe 10 regular neighbours and only 3 of them would take part in tournaments at any one time so I don't think we ever actually hit any milestones. I don't know if it's just because we're pretty laid-back in my FS but we don't care so much who contributes what. It's obvious that those who want the KP and relics are going to contribute more than those who don't, although we did try to encourage everyone to complete the first round to make sure they received part of the rewards.

Having the milestones be more realistic would make it even better. I made it to 6 stars with the first 5 rounds and I had to pour A LOT of resources into it. It's just not realistic to expect everyone in a fellowship to be able to do that, especially the players with smaller cities who maybe don't play as much and might not have the resources to spare when it's not even for their boosted goods.
Also, I don't think anyone in my FS actually has magic residences or workshops...so there's not really any drive there for the blueprints lol The idea of being able to upgrade those buildings is a good one, imo, but we also need something equivalent for non-diamond players to engage more people.

One thing I thought was odd was that the random rune I received as a reward from the tournament was for the Hero's Forge...but no-one in my FS has gotten that far along the research tree? I'm still in the Dwarves stage myself xD So I don't know if that was deliberate or if I should report it as an error... or just keep it for later maybe?

well yeah receiving rewards for things you wont ever have(very few fellowships if any are going to make that final chest you would need 25 players all with 10+ provinces getting 6 star for each province). Also receiving things you cant use for another 6 months as a casual player is always going to be dumb. They should just give you a choice of what you want to have as a reward, its the same as visiting cities you get that chest and reward is random. if there was some way to set it up so you could choose what you wanted that would be far better. for example...

idea 1) you open chest...and its a choice of relic(still random)/kp(random amount)/spell(random one)/gold(random)/supplies(random)
idea 2) you open chest...and its a choice of relic(fixed)/kp(fixed)/spell(any one you want)/gold(fixed)/supplies(fixed)

I support idea 2 more but at the very least idea 1 would be far better if they wanna keep this rng nonsense

Edit by Muf-Muf: Merged multiple posts into one.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1829

well yeah receiving rewards for things you wont ever have(very few fellowships if any are going to make that final chest you would need 25 players all with 10+ provinces getting 6 star for each province).

There are dozens of people who have already independently calculated what is needed and all came to the same conclusion as each other, which disagrees with your statement. It is 25 people needing 6 provinces to level 6 or 25@6x6 or 17,600 points each. Granted that in itself is provinvg to be impossible as the information in the table above indicates.

DeletedUser66

Is there a bug with rewards?

I only received 4 runes when prizes says 5.

Fellowship - Tournaments, it says I got 2 x Pros towers, 1 x tome of secrets and 2 x Enars embassy.

I have not yet unlocked Enars embassy and it shows I do not have any for this AW. I did get a forge hero one which I used and I did get a flying academy one which is not yet unlocked but indicates its there.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
evidence?
Leaving a fellowship means the fellowship looses all the points the player had added. I reported the opposite as a bug on beta as soon as the FS tournament came. The fact that the FS didnt loose the progress seemed very exploitable to me. They told me then this was as intended and therefor not a bug.

So when this was live, we had a player leave our FS while he has activity in the tournament, and i was surprised to see that his progress was in fact lost. This doesn't count as evidence, but i've seen the progress dissapear myself in my own fellowship.

People have confirmed that moving in and out of fellowships that the points drop from your fellowship and if you go to a new one add to it. While there will be cases this is unfair it would be the simplest to program
In fact your old progress you had in previous fellowship is lost. If you join a new FS you will start again at 0 points contributed, wich is correct in my opinion.
If you rejoin the same FS, i dont know if you get your progress back, i havent checked that.

Is there a bug with rewards?

I only received 4 runes when prizes says 5.

There is definitely a bug with the rewards, the rewards you see in the infoscreen arent the ones you received. I myself could figuer out 2 of the 3 runes i had received, and those were not at all in the infoscreen. The ones i should have received according to the infoscreen i had 0 of, so that was easy to figuer out :)

DeletedUser2886

well yeah receiving rewards for things you cant use for another 6 months as a casual player is always going to be dumb. They should just give you a choice of what you want to have as a reward, its the same as visiting cities you get that chest and reward is random. if there was some way to set it up so you could choose what you wanted that would be far better...

idea 1) you open chest...and its a choice of relic(still random)/kp(random amount)/spell(random one)
idea 2) you open chest...and its a choice of relic(fixed)/kp(fixed)/spell(any one you want)

I support idea 2 more but at the very least idea 1 would be far better if they wanna keep this rng nonsense
In fact your old progress you had in previous fellowship is lost. If you join a new FS you will start again at 0 points contributed, wich is correct in my opinion.
If you rejoin the same FS, i dont know if you get your progress back, i havent checked that.

yeah I told them this a few hours ago but they never replied. when I check my notifications I got no reward whatsoever and the rewards were given to me based on the new fellowship I was in...which I joined after the tournament ended so was 0 points of course. That is why I am pissed off because I deserve something for the 10k + points I donated

DeletedUser

It makes sense that if you leave a FS that they lose the points you made for them in the same way that they lose your ranking points, it would be fairer though that when joining a new FS you take your points with you and put into the new one, would be interesting to find out.

DeletedUser2886

It makes sense that if you leave a FS that they lose the points you made for them in the same way that they lose your ranking points, it would be fairer though that when joining a new FS you take your points with you and put into the new one, would be interesting to find out.

Of course. But if people wanted to leave they would do it after a tournament ends, unless the latter idea was implemented where your points carried with you.

Here's a *hug*. It's not much, but it's more than you will get from Inno.
yea they will probably support the "firestarter". so many people do nowadays

Edit by Muf-Muf: Removed part referring to now deleted post & merged multiple posts into one.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
thats how it was on launch on beta actually. Wich is exploitable since you could just make a 1 day fellowship on the last day of tournament with the top 25 players in it, just to get the blueprint

DeletedUser3034

thats how it was on launch on beta actually. Wich is exploitable since you could just make a 1 day fellowship on the last day of tournament with the top 25 players in it, just to get the blueprint

I doubt those 25 'top' players would be welcomed back to their old FS though, after taking the points with them.

Killiak

Artisan
Only bad leaders would whine they they couldn't insta ban someone mid tournament...but yeah they should just make it so players take their points with them

I would like to note that the salty toxicity of some people is a thing of wonder, and it could be very unhealthy for a fellowship if they can't get rid of such a person for several days. It's not something a leader can always prevent or mitigate.

I can understand the choice for dropping the points from both fellowship and player, and not carrying it over to another fellowship. It could be exploitable, and it means people are more likely to stick with a FS they are invested in at the moment. It's a bit "damned if you do, damned if you don't".

DeletedUser

Of course. But if people wanted to leave they would do it after a tournament ends, unless the latter idea was implemented where your points carried with you.

We were talking about someone who was expelled from a fellowship, and under the grounds of unfair dismissal.
Actually I was talking in general terms of where a person might leave their fellowship and join another, perhaps from a feeder fellowship as they move upwards.

Killiak

Artisan
It's about being fair and seeing things from both sides. Like I said if a leader can't wait and just wants to expel players out of spite so they don't get the points they are entitled to they are a bad leader imo

Then being fair and looking at it from both sides is allowing people to be kicked or being able to leave during tournaments. For the player it is better to be rid of the toxic leader and for a leader/fellowship it is better to be rid of a toxic player.

The choice to drop the player points is most likely made to keep it from being exploitable, which is understandable. In your specific case it means you lost your points in a regrettable manner, but I once again urge you to keep the discussion objective.

DeletedUser1829

This to may be glitched. The person who went in and out of a fellowship during a tournament said it was 0 initially but did come back to be their score. No clue which way it is intended.

I got no reward whatsoever and the rewards were given to me based on the new fellowship I was in...which I joined after the tournament ended so was 0 points of course.

This is exactly as I would expect it to be. If you join after the tournament ends you shouldn't get a reward, it would be very exploitable if you could. In the day after the tournament ends people would be fellowship hoping like crazy to get rewards from multiple sources.

DeletedUser2886

This is exactly as I would expect it to be. If you join after the tournament ends you shouldn't get a reward, it would be very exploitable if you could. In the day after the tournament ends people would be fellowship hoping like crazy to get rewards from multiple sources.

how would you exploit it? you cant get rewards twice. I joined the fellowship just before the rewards were applied, and had some small hope that the points I earned from the last fellowship would still be applied to me but they weren't of course.

DeletedUser

how would you exploit it? you cant get rewards twice. I joined the fellowship just before the rewards were applied, and had some small hope that the points I earned from the last fellowship would still be applied to me but they weren't of course.
In this quote you are saying that you joined the fellowship just before the rewards were applied and in your quote in Mykan's post you say you joined after the tournament ended, could I clarify which one it was please?

If you did join after the tournament had ended and therefore the scores could not be added to then it would have been right that you would not have received the rewards from the tournament because you did not contribute towards it.

DeletedUser2886

In this quote you are saying that you joined the fellowship just before the rewards were applied and in your quote in Mykan's post you say you joined after the tournament ended, could I clarify which one it was please?

If you did join after the tournament had ended and therefore the scores could not be added to then it would have been right that you would not have received the rewards from the tournament because you did not contribute towards it.

A fellowship expelled me with 1 day left of the tournament. I had provided somewhere in the region of 12k points maybe a little more. I applied for some more and one invited me in while I was asleep. when I looked at my notifications I saw that I had been invited in and then saw some message saying "the tournament has ended the rewards will be applied soon" or something. I looked in the fellowship and my points were 0 of course. Ive never said anywhere that I expected to get 12k points from the new fellowship. I still think its lame that you lose all your points and you didn't answer my question how someone could exploit it because once you leave one fellowship by any means you lose all your points

DeletedUser

...and you didn't answer my question how someone could exploit it because once you leave one fellowship by any means you lose all your points
I think that question should be addressed to someone else as I've never said its possible.

DeletedUser2886

I think that question should be addressed to someone else as I've never said its possible.
yeah it was mykan. he was the one I quoted in the post above that one. sorry

Any chance we can have some statistics as feedback on the fellowship based tournaments please ?

eg
Fellowships reaching checkpoint #10 - 3
Fellowships reaching checkpoint #9 - 12
Fellowships reaching checkpoint #8 - 24
Fellowships reaching checkpoint #7 - 120
Fellowships reaching checkpoint #1 - 1267

etc.

id like to see this too