• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Behind the Scenes: Elvenar goes Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss our upcoming Mobile application! We would love to hear what you think about this, and want to ask you what you would find most important to implement soon, while that you're here!

What is already implemented?
  • Placing, upgrading, moving, and selling buildings
  • All guest races and everything related to them
  • Producing resources
  • Research tree
  • Scouting
  • Negotiating encounters
  • Full trader functionality
  • Quests (not events yet)
  • Builders' Hut
  • Overview for Culture
  • Overview for Goods
  • Placing Expansions
  • Tutorial
  • Recruiting Units and auto battle
What will we still implement?
(Of course we will also implement new features that we're developing for the browser version into the app, so this is a non-ordered, non-exhaustive list.)
  • Neighborly Help, which will also include:
    • Visiting neighbors
    • Notifications
    • Player portrait
  • Sounds and music
  • Guest Race Goods overview
  • Fellowships
  • Chat and Messages
  • Ranking
  • Inventory
  • Events and quest line events
  • Tournaments
  • Ancient Wonders (effects from Ancient Wonders in your city are already being applied)
  • Spells and the Magic Academy (effects from Spells active in your city are already applied, but are not yet visualized).

We would be happy to hear your opinion on what you believe should be available in the app, too.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser3097

Do you live in the UK?
Then you are lucky! Players located in the UK are already able to find the app in the App Store and Play Store and download it now. We do our best to make the app available globally as soon as we can, but for the first months we will have to restrict access to players from the UK only, while we are working on testing and improving its technical side, as well as adding more of the features you know from Elvenar in your browser.

I have installed this app on my phone now and found 2 issues:

1. Beware of auto-complete when entering your user name as it adds an extra space! Delete that space!

2. Make sure you select the correct market (EN) when the option shows in the top right-hand corner of the screen. The US server is the default one.

DeletedUser3715

Another issue - don't accidentally click 'new player' instead of log in - there's no way back out to the login screen! (maybe once you go through starting a new city though? I admit I haven't tried that yet)

EDIT _ you can log out once you've completed the tutorial, then log in correctly.

DeletedUser3097

Another issue - don't accidentally click 'new player' instead of log in - there's no way back out to the login screen!

I started the tutorial, became stuck moving the lamp-post then couldn't do any more- had to uninstall then reinstall!

DeletedUser1581

1. Beware of auto-complete when entering your user name as it adds an extra space! Delete that space!

2. Make sure you select the correct market (EN) when the option shows in the top right-hand corner of the screen. The US server is the default one.
Ive Tried to select EN but the button dosent highlight green to save

DeletedUser3097

server.jpg

Above shows the market selection screen- make sure you select EN (international). :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Killiak

Artisan
As I understand it, you will be testing with the UK customer base.

That's lovely, but how many months do you expect this process to take? "Months" is a somewhat broad range of time :p

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
We are doing our best to make the app available for everyone as soon as possible, but the exact time will (of course) depend on the current testing phase. At this point we cannot give a more exact date than we have yet, simply because we don't know it yet. :)

That said, you can be sure that we want to have it available for everyone just as much as you all do, and we will do everything we can to make that happen!

Jackluyt

Shaman
One of my UL players asked this question:

Can anyone help with the answer please:

I am in the UK and cannot find the instructions for finding out how to get Elvenar to work on my Galaxy S2 tablet, every time I get a message saying that Elvenar is not available on my device. The above does not give any details on how to find the Android version or how to get it to work. None of the apps work so could you possibly give me that actual details as I have wasted hours so far. I am in the UK with a UK Email address but alas how do I play on wifi?

Thanks!
Jack

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Hi Jack,

Good question. For Android we require a minimum version of the operating system - currently the minimum supported Android version is 4.4. So, if the device has at least Android version 4.4, you should be able to open and use the app.

However, if you go our website from a mobile device, it can be that you receive the message your group's member mentioned, even if you are located in the UK. To find the app, please search for it from the Google Play store (or the App Store, for iOS) directly. There, you should be able to find the app.

Hope that helped - if you have further questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Status
Not open for further replies.