• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Autumn Zodiac

DeletedUser8969

Has anyone else wasted all their keys to get todays rewards of 14 hour boosters?

DeletedUser

depends on what you call wasted, getting the first bear done and left with Portal Profits over 1000 hours of boosters and hundreds of KP and AWKP... Nah I'm ok with that ;)

m4rt1n

Adept
@Dizzy Lizzie
Please could we have confirmation of when the second set of Bears are given out.

From the Beta Forum I have read that they come as Grand Prizes following the 27th Artifact so GP #54,55,56.
(27 Artifact GP and 26 GP in-between then the 3 Bears again)

I ask because one of my fellows has received conflicting info from support that turned out to be wrong.

FieryArien

Necromancer
So ... I hit the highest group of “random” quests in my Felyndral city. This is what I got so far in this section:

- Spend 20 KP
- Solve 45 Tournament Encounters or 9 Encounters
- Scout a province or research a technology or gain 15 Vision Vapor

No, it’s not random. Yes, we are on purpose being blocked by certain quests once we are considered as progressing too fast.
To be fair, I should now write the quests I got after the enforced 24 hours (scout) break. Either there was an update to the algorithm or the (more than) day long break was deemed sufficient for a while (or something else).

- Spend 20 KP
- Spend 20 KP
- Produce 9x Bread
- 400 spell fragments or scout a province
- Recruit 3 stacks of units
- Gain 11 relics
- Recruit 3 stacks of units
- Produce 6x Basket of Groceries

I’m curious what tomorrow brings. I hope it will be an announcement from Inno that they give up the idea of pseudo infinite quests. :rolleyes: I don’t think it is even possible to balance it to be reasonably fair to players in various stages.

Eryn Galen

Adventurer
@Dizzy Lizzie
Please could we have confirmation of when the second set of Bears are given out.

From the Beta Forum I have read that they come as Grand Prizes following the 27th Artifact so GP #54,55,56.
(27 Artifact GP and 26 GP in-between then the 3 Bears again)

I ask because one of my fellows has received conflicting info from support that turned out to be wrong.

Could you please link to that post, because I've seen some interesting things on the Beta forum, but I haven't seen that.

Pauly7

Magus
So there's a few things I can say about this event so far:

1) I don't mind that it is difficult at all. In fact I quite love the fact that I am not sure whether I am going to win my grand prize and I'm really having to plan the management of time boosters, Combining Catalysts, tournament rounds and province clearance. I think that for people playing the game normally they can be pleased with themselves to complete one bear and anyone who gets a second one even towards upgraded has had a fantastic event. That has been worked out quite nicely, in my opinion. I like to think that people only have one bear and they've had to choose which, or otherwise what's the point.

2) I'm not happy with unlimited bears for big spenders. I know the game devs want to satiate those players, but you end up with a really unbalanced playing field after a lot of this. I long for the old days where there were two grand prizes for normal people and one extra one for the people wishing to "buy" it.

3) I am still strongly opposed to using buildings from the current chapter (or even from chapter -3, which will disappear next time). I don't think they can have done anything worse to be unfair to different players' city building styles.

4) I haven't had any quests repeating multiple times like many people have reported. I have, about twice, had the same quest twice in a row. That could easily be random chance.

So it's mixed feelings. It's hard to feel too good about liking the increased difficulty when they still leave the option open for people to buy an unlimited number of grand prizes. Inno, apart from anything else it waters down the comparative value of the prize. None of that matters, though, because for future events I will think very carefully about whether to be involved at all as I dislike the current chapter building idea so much and I won't change my city in preparation for the next. If there isn't a prize that looks incredible I will sit them out.

Eryn Galen

Adventurer
4) I haven't had any quests repeating multiple times like many people have reported. I have, about twice, had the same quest twice in a row. That could easily be random chance.

It has changed some since Beta feedback.

Timneh

Artisan

Not the first time that has happened @m4rt1n . In a previous event i was told that a building upgrade did not count because i started the upgrade before i actually got the quest to upgrade a building. Another support team member took over and sorted out the problem in the end.

DeletedUser7930

so I think if the mods were trying to finally make the quest just boring they have succeeded
I am still playing the quests but take each quest as it comes and if I get something good yay but it has lost interest in the execution of the event
please go back to the old system, we are fast following FA where the rewards do not make it worthwhile
Ddadd

DeletedUser9227

For this event feedback:
I like the zodiac graphics and the bears. The daily prizes are nice. I placed several of event buildings in my city. However, I found this event less fun than previous events, maybe because of the total randomness so there is nothing much to be planned. And when players get the same long quests several times in a row, it can change from feeling challenge to annoyance and to frustration. (but not me, I'm lucky enough not to get that so far)

Suggestion for next event:
I suggest bring back the two quest lines system but make it different.

The first, or main, questline has limit number of quests. The sequence could be fixed so you can add story to the quests. I think story makes event interesting and special. Add more varieties of quests to it so that it is playable and enjoyable to every players. Here you can control amount of prizes players can win to in line with your desired outcome. Even if it means less than one fully upgraded grand prize, so be it. At least players are on the same page with developers about what to expect. This will similar to what we have before the Mermaid event. Let's say average players can win 7-8 artifacts. Players who want to win more have the second questline to play.

Now in the second questline, instead of daily quest, you can make it difficult, random and endless as much as you want. This this for dedicated players to put real effort in and for those who are willing to spend diamonds.

DeletedUser4462

three times in a row "Scout 1 Province or Research 1 Technology or Gain 15 Vision Vapor"
it sucks :mad:

can't eat so much how i would like to puke :mad:

A.jpg

DeletedUser1874

It has changed some since Beta feedback.
Really? Then Beta must've been truly horrifying. I've got the Explore/Research/VV quest 7 times in a row as a record and 5 times more than once, as well as the "Complete X regular or Y tournament encounters" 5-6 times in a row. Paired with the get 11 relics, it makes for an excruciating experience on live as it is. I dread to think what Beta might've been.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
Really? Then Beta must've been truly horrifying. I've got the Explore/Research/VV quest 7 times in a row as a record and 5 times more than once, as well as the "Complete X regular or Y tournament encounters" 5-6 times in a row. Paired with the get 11 relics, it makes for an excruciating experience on live as it is. I dread to think what Beta might've been.
beta was better. There you got those quests less, and the workshops/manufactory quests more. Apperently people complained about the current chapter requirement too much there. So they lowered the chance of getting those quests. It was really lots better before.
On beta i never had the same quest more then 2 times in a row. on live i get 3 or 4 times the same thing, pretty often. I have however not gotten any manufactory of workshop quest 2 times in a row on live tho, which was the point of the change i guess....

Deleted User - 1759805

beta was better. There you got those quests less, and the workshops/manufactory quests more. Apperently people complained about the current chapter requirement too much there. So they lowered the chance of getting those quests. It was really lots better before.
On beta i never had the same quest more then 2 times in a row. on live i get 3 or 4 times the same thing, pretty often. I have however not gotten any manufactory of workshop quest 2 times in a row on live tho, which was the point of the change i guess....
On beta you were also paid more than 2x keys (188 vs 80) for the same quests after a ramp up period...

Eryn Galen

Adventurer
Some Beta players were more fortunate than others in the quests they got before the change. You have to work with what you've got.

DeletedUser2838

so I think if the mods were trying to finally make the quest just boring they have succeeded
I am still playing the quests but take each quest as it comes and if I get something good yay but it has lost interest in the execution of the event
please go back to the old system, we are fast following FA where the rewards do not make it worthwhile
Ddadd

Exactly! Without the ability to plan there is no point in doing anything other than taking each task as it comes, if it's short fine, if it's long then I wait it out. No point in using time instants except as a matter of specific urgency, because I'm likely to get exactly the same task repeated for the next task, and I can't afford to time instant them all. So it's just a long hard trudge through the event with no excitement and little interest in events we have no control over.