• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Autumn Zodiac

DeletedUser1874

That's quite a bold statement. There are websites making many times as much money from advertising as anything else and many of these remain free to use. I am not saying that the same model applies to Inno, but you can't ignore the possibilities in advertising revenue.
Bold statement? I'd call it common knowledge, but if you're able to provide an example of a free browser game or app that manages to support itself entirely by ads and matches Inno's revenue, I'd be curious to hear about it. Besides, with all the ever more advanced ad-blockers most people use, I can't see it as a reliable source of income.

BonnyGwen

Spellcaster
Not sure how to respond to that.
I never said I was any sort of expert.
Companies that diversify have more choices about how they make revenue.
Companies with staying power tend to do more than one thing.
A lot of the games I was playing 10 years ago don't exist anymore but the few that are still there do more than just software.
If a company is planning for long term existence then I think it's reasonable to do something that a lot of the rest of them are not trying to do.

Pauly7

Magus
Bold statement? I'd call it common knowledge, but if you're able to provide an example of a free browser game or app that manages to support itself entirely by ads and matches Inno's revenue, I'd be curious to hear about it. Besides, with all the ever more advanced ad-blockers most people use, I can't see it as a reliable source of income.
I'm not talking only about games, but there are plenty of websites making millions every year from advertising... particularly social media platforms. I wasn't commenting on who had the model or the popularity for that to succeed.

DeletedUser1874

I'm not talking only about games, but there are plenty of websites making millions every year from advertising... particularly social media platforms. I wasn't commenting on who had the model or the popularity for that to succeed.
Well, this is a freemium game we're talking about, so comparing it to social media platforms seems rather moot.

DeletedUser1994

I've been been struggling with this new event and now I've just given up. Most of the pleasure in events is being able to plan and these random threads are a real pain. Really how many 1 day tasks can you perform in 21 days without planning and vision vapour takes way too long too. Then there is the requirement of upgraded workshops and manufactories, I can't tie up my workshops particularly with toolboxes, its seriously affecting my ability to play and I'm running out of supply instants despite the event. I need my workshops to produce and 1 day productions don't provide the same amount and, as inno have adjusted the number of workshop tasks because of feedback now I'm getting 15 Vision Vapour every 2nd or 3rd task. I simply cannot produce enough combining catalists when they take 15 hours to make.

I saw someone has said its not fair for be able to use level 1 buildings, well its not fair when your scout takes 5.5 days and you have no technologies to complete because you are at the end of the tree. As AM I'm having my members, and members of other fellowships writing to me complaining and asking me to raise it with inno. Really inno, why mend what wasn't broken?? These random quests are universally hated and this requirement to have upgraded buildings to make anything makes the whole thing impossible and I can only assume that you really don't want us to get any rewards without paying through the nose for them, and what's the point of the whole thing because if you have to buy them then they are not rewards.

Salamandis / Elites Lindi

DeletedUser1994

I'm wondering whether they have built a routine into the event to punish players who are doing too well, i.e people picking up keys faster than they want. Perhaps this is the reason for the repetitive long term quests.

Someone above has mentioned gathering over 4k keys after 4 days. What have the people picked up who have mentioned the problem?

So far I have 2,200 keys and I feel like I've been going pretty quickly. I've used about 60 or 70 hours of time boosts and I bought the double collect building and I've otherwise completed any quests I can when I can. I haven't seen a single repeated quest to this point. The collect 7 relics quest has been pretty common though.

Maybe it's just because I'm not as far through as all you are, but I don't think I'll need more than 2,000 keys a week anyway.

@Timneh I hear you, but I also feel like people missing out on the Brown Bear may have similar problems to those who missed the Fire Phoenix.

Hekata

Artisan
If one of the goals of this event was to bring more new people to the forum, it is succeeding :)

BonnyGwen

Spellcaster
We're on day 5 with 20 days left to go.
Guess we just have to bear it.
Usually I'm sad when a month long event ends.
This time I'll be relieved.

Pauly7

Magus
We're on day 5 with 20 days left to go.
Guess we just have to bear it.
Usually I'm sad when a month long event ends.
This time I'll be relieved.
I completely agree. If I do happen to get enough artefacts to level up a Brown Bear I'll straight away be done with it and not look back.

DeletedUser1874

I don’t ever post on forums, but I had to to explain how broken this event is. I must have had the vision vapour/scout/research quest over a dozen times. I’ve literally just received it back to back four times. If this is working as intended, your game is broken.
If it is of any comfort to you, I've had it 7 times in a row, for a total over over 30 times and counting as I'm trying to complete one more.

Not really, you can do what i am doing and ignore it.
Not all are immune to FOMO. The majority of people aren't, as matter of fact, according to the APA as well as a bunch of reliable peer-reviewed studies. I'm glad you are though. I'm not, and I have to bear with this, which causes me a great amount of stress.

DeletedUser3671

Well, when looking at my two cities, one in Halflings, the other waiting on the new chapter. It looks more random in the smaller one. The big one gets them grouped. They're both in the 30-59 quest zone.

EDIT: Every manufactory is max upgraded.

The Halflings city:
-----------------------------
5 encounters
Buy 10 KP's
5 encounters
Recruit 1482 units
Spend 10 KP's
4 adv. tools
Recruit 1482 units
Gain 7 relics
Recruit 1482 units
3 toolboxes - Waiting on that to complete tomorrow morning.

Completed Constructs city:
--------------------------------------------
3 encounters
3 encounters
3 encounters
31400 planks
3066 Units
3066 Units
2 mill coins
200 fragments
5 encounters
3066 Units
3066 Units
3066 Units - Waiting till tomorrow.

To me this event is just another boring quest line. The prizes are a little bit better than the usual ones. So they killed the fun for me in it. That's my bad. But INNO's bad is that when they killed my fun, they also killed my buying willingness. I progress as i can. I don't use time instants. All is, and are, used on upgrading buildings. And i have also not build any more Workshops or manufactories. The last ones i don't need to build more of. I have 7 T1, 7 T2 and 6 T3. Though, still i had to put a MM spell on one 3-hour plank to get the 31400 planks. Otherwise i would have needed to wait 3 more hours.

Well, INNO's problem here is; I don't care anymore. And that's a problem for them, because i then don't want to spend money anymore on the game. Why should i spend money on something i don't care about ?

So making this event so ( lost for words ) in their greedy pursuit trying to make us cough up more money. It just backfired. And i know i'm not the only one who feels like this. So maybe it'll soon be game buy buy, because there's not enough money rolling in to support it.

Sad. It WAS fun.

BonnyGwen

Spellcaster
We can probably expect to pick up a few artifacts from FAs but there's a chance to get more than 2 artifacts from the event.
I wouldn't exactly say it's fear of missing out.
Month long events were my favorite and FAs I hated the most.
After the changes they've made I hate the FAs a little less and love the month longs a lot less.
Things are kind of meeting up in the middle of my own personal like meter.

Timneh

Artisan
Not all are immune to FOMO

Very true and that in my opinion is what the devs are counting on and why there is no chance that they will change the events. They know that FOMO will make players do the events even if they hate them.