• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Autumn Zodiac

BonnyGwen

Spellcaster
I'm on my 6th scout/tech/vapor quest.
Someone said he got 6 of these (not all at once) in each of his cities.
So I'm hoping that 6 is the magic number and this particular pain in the lower posterior might be over for me once I get through it.
With my luck I'll get slapped with toolboxes 2 or 3 times in a row next.

Last edited:

Hekata

Artisan
Sorry to disappoint but I've got 7 of those so far, and once 3 in a row :)

DeletedUser7070

With those Scout 1 province / 15 vision vapor / Reasearch 1 technology quest i am getting a lot, this is not really fun at all...
To me the bears are also not worth that kind of effort. The current only reason to stick to the event at the moment is the thought of getting more time boosters.

Deleted User - 1759805

In my opinion 4 x 14 hrs is tons better than 30 x 1 hr. It is, after all, almost double the number of hours. Had there been something like 48 x 1 hr then I would have been inclined to agree for the added versatility, but in terms of this purpose the quests requiring a stock of time instants are the ones your mentioned above - toolboxes, enchantments, scouting. If the wait is shorter the need for it is less.
Well, I wouldn't be burning timeboosts on toolboxes, that's for sure. If I have 5xtoolbox quest, and have nothing pre-built, that's 120hr worths of timeboosts right there. Or I can just wait 24 hours with my 5 leveled WS - which is exactly what I will do. They also allegedly dropped frequency for these quests, so might be even less of an issue. So far I hit almost 90 quests on live, and I have seen only 1 (one) toolbox quest - which agrees with data from beta that shows that toolbox quest was not that frequent even before (on average).

I rarely boost scouting because, again, that's a ton of timeboosts - I'd rather get 15VV which needs 3-4hr chunks. And between pipelined catalysts, tournament and neighborly help I didn't see a lot of issues covering enchantment quests.

Having said that, I have stopped using my time boosts for the event, except in very limited circumstances. As I said, I reached almost 90 quests (which is only 4.5K points) in 4 days - burning a TON of timeboosts. Even though I am still sitting on a few hundred hours worth of boosts, I just don't see a value in burning those. I am pretty certain that I will be able to cover one L10 bear without extensive timeboost usage. I am also pretty certain that getting a second one to a reasonably high level will be practically impossible without going all in and burning everything, and even then I am not sure it will be enough. More importantly, I just don't see a great need for a second bear. I also haven't seen anything in the dailies that I really want or need, except, well, timeboosts ;)

alsael

Enchanter
As a tourney player all I really need is the brown bear.So,I prefer to keep my time boosts for boosting construction buildings.And another thing.Will you pls give us as a future event, set buildings again?Enough with the evolving thingy.I love my carnival set buildings.Give as a tier-1 or tier-2 goods set buildings with a nice pop+culture.

Pauly7

Magus
I'm wondering whether they have built a routine into the event to punish players who are doing too well, i.e people picking up keys faster than they want. Perhaps this is the reason for the repetitive long term quests.

Someone above has mentioned gathering over 4k keys after 4 days. What have the people picked up who have mentioned the problem?

So far I have 2,200 keys and I feel like I've been going pretty quickly. I've used about 60 or 70 hours of time boosts and I bought the double collect building and I've otherwise completed any quests I can when I can. I haven't seen a single repeated quest to this point. The collect 7 relics quest has been pretty common though.

Maybe it's just because I'm not as far through as all you are, but I don't think I'll need more than 2,000 keys a week anyway.

@Timneh I hear you, but I also feel like people missing out on the Brown Bear may have similar problems to those who missed the Fire Phoenix.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
I think the autumn bears are really cute. The brown bear is very also useful for fighters, even unfed (we can't craft enough food anyway). I'm at quest #59 and burnt a lot of time boosters - no chance to get the bear to any meaningful level, even before the rebalance. Speaking of which - replacing workshop quests with gain 15 vision vapor is terrible, but reducing the cap on keys because things are now too easy with a change that makes it harder is ... just ... I'm ranting, sorry.

I know, I don't have to play the event if I don't want to, and I will cut down a lot now. I loved every event, for me they were a part of elvenar that was fun to do. A nice little story, some quests that fit into the scenario - and along the way you could win some premium buildings. Mermaids was a mere shadow of what it used to be and Zodiac just plain ruined everything.

The last two events proved to me that the whole random quest thing doesn't work. Since the devs think that everything works as intended and the random quests are to stay for the foreseeable future, I lost any hope to have enjoyable events any time soon.

Mama1960

Novice
Hello, High Lords and Ladies Up There! The game was about strategy & planning until the random factor came in. Both the event and the Spire tasks are simple gamblings now, quite the opposite of strategy & planning. I know that I don't have to play them, but it's about the principles, High Lords and Ladies Up There.

Pauly7

Magus
Interesting changes keep happening to the crafting menu over the last week or so and I don't think it is coincidence, though people will quote the powers of RNG to me. Earlier this week I noticed a sudden influx of craftable temporary military buildings. When I say influx, I mean that 4 of them appeared in less than two days having not seen any others for several weeks. I excitedly crafted them all, though that then left me with no CCs left.

What I have noticed the last day or two is items that pay out Vision Vapour in double figures. Right now I have 5 items that will all pay 10 Vision Vapour and three of them don't need any combining catalysts at all. Perhaps coincidence or perhaps this is Inno making silent adjustments to make those quests easier.

Errandil

Conjurer
Hello, High Lords and Ladies Up There! The game was about strategy & planning until the random factor came in. Both the event and the Spire tasks are simple gamblings now, quite the opposite of strategy & planning. I know that I don't have to play them, but it's about the principles, High Lords and Ladies Up There.
I'd argue that it's still a lot about planning, strategy and all that. Just finding the right balance between getting time boosters for current use to provide a steady income of keys and saving up for the time boosters day require some thinking. As well as balancing your tournament participation, finding space for additional buildings of the required level and just overall adapting to the new conditions to maximize your event performance. Though I admit that I hate the event design and would prefer to have the mermaids back. But still trying to get most of it is a fun task in my opinion.

DeletedUser4149

Yes premium players could buy more ... always the case and without premium players there'd be no game. So I don't complain.

This new format gives everyone a chance. Yes premium players can do better, so be it. They're paying for the development what else did you expect?
well, you were wrong about the number of phoenixes it was possible to get and seriously underestimated the advantages diamonds have over players that don't spend lots of money.
you are also wrong that a game can't function without people who buy diamonds. many websites function just from selling ads.
i expect a game that's advertised as free to play to not be grossly unfair to those who play for free.

DeletedUser1874

well, you were wrong about the number of phoenixes it was possible to get and seriously underestimated the advantages diamonds have over players that don't spend lots of money.
you are also wrong that a game can't function without people who buy diamonds. many websites function just from selling ads.
i expect a game that's advertised as free to play to not be grossly unfair to those who play for free.
They wouldn't make nearly as much money from ads as they do from premium player, not even a fraction of a fraction. Besides, the tutorial makes it very clear that this is a freemium game, introducing us to diamonds in the very first steps, and the app store page clearly states "contains in-app purchases".
Besides, the game is not "grossly unfair" to free players. I know many of free players who are able to reach the top ranks of the tourney and complete events without spending a dime. Hell, I managed to complete the Phoenix and Mermaid events on my diamond farms without spending a dime, and they are clearly not optimized to partake in events, being filled with WWs.

Pauly7

Magus
They wouldn't make nearly as much money from ads as they do from premium player
That's quite a bold statement. There are websites making many times as much money from advertising as anything else and many of these remain free to use. I am not saying that the same model applies to Inno, but you can't ignore the possibilities in advertising revenue.

BonnyGwen

Spellcaster
The real money is in merchandising.
If they ever start selling toys and action figures they won't have to depend completely on those who buy diamonds.

Errandil

Conjurer
The real money is in merchandising.
If they ever start selling toys and action figures they won't have to depend completely on those who buy diamonds.
I wonder how you explain to yourself that all f2p games are making money from the in-game purchases and no-one is coming with such bright ideas that ads or merchandise can produce enough income to pay for programmers, game designers, maintaining and advertising of the game and all that. It's clear that everyone in this market is wrong and you are the only one who knows how to run the game developer company.