• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Aqua Splendor

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the Aqua Spendor Event.

We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Killiak

Artisan
So from the look of things, if you build it like it was shown in the announcement, you need multiples of the barrier but the main buildings in the center will then not provide their full benefits.

If you want a full setup without weird gaps, you will need 3 each of the 1x1 and 8 total of the 1x2's.... OR you move everything around and lose the continuity aesthetic.

I find this set thus to be of very poor design

C-Nymph

Necromancer
The set makes absolutely no sense. The way it is portrayed in the event announcement will not give the maximum bonuses for the different buildings, same for the way it is portrayed in the buildings overview in the event window in game...

You'll need to connect each big (middle) set building to four different other set buildings to get the max bonuses, that is not possible with the proposed setups.

Everything needs at least three connections to get the maximum bonuses, so the corner buildings will therefore never get the maximum bonus. The three bigger buildings need even four connections to get the kp bonus.

The Grand Prizes lane then will never give you enough of the smaller set buildings to provide the max bonuses, so you will have to click for the daily prizes on day 3, day 11, and day 18 to try and get more of the needed smaller set buildings.

And the entire setup will then take up at least 5x11 squares, for less than maximum bonuses. Maybe I'll just skip this 'grand' prize and just go for some KP instants or other randomness the daily prizes will provide...

Last edited:

Killiak

Artisan
Found this on Beta.

So if you want full benefits... it'll be with weird corners and no nice continuity. The real benefit is 3kp every 24 hours for a total of 42 squares.
Rather lacking, really.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
I also see the Cauldron is being pushed in the quests now. You have to donate goods in the cauldron to get witch points (so after drinking the cups), to complete the quest. And it's an 'alternative' to the Scout Province quest, so your choice is either to increase overscouting, or increase the cost for witch points, which will never get a reset to lower cost. Similar to buy kp. If it were like the wholesaler, with a reset in costs every 24h, it wouldn't bother me so much. But this is yet again stimulating us to negatively affect our daily gameplay by forcing us to take steps that increase costs indefinitely.
It might be a low cost to begin with, but the thing is, it doesn't end. It gets pushed during events now, the amount of events seems to keep being increased, so it's just pushing you to make your game more costly again and again. I don't like it.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Found this on Beta.
Thanks for that!
Copied the image from beta forum:
1689862274198.png

This would actually make it possible to have the full set with just the grand prize lane, and not the extra buildings from the daily prizes.
I do wonder why Inno's event overview and forum announcement don't just show this setup, but instead show two different setups that don't work...
1689862354853.png

1689862369105.png

SkyRider99

Immortal
But this is yet again stimulating us to negatively affect our daily gameplay by forcing us to take steps that increase costs indefinitely.
It might be a low cost to begin with, but the thing is, it doesn't end.
I am already avoiding the Cauldron because of this feature. It seems that now I will only be able to use it for event quests.

Scouting provinces isn't feasible for me because of the time required. I have nine pages of 'hard' provinces that each take about 7 days to scout.

I think your analogy with the 'buy KPs' money pit is appropriate @C-Nymph. :wink elf:

Let's be honest, set buildings are nothing more than frag fodder...though some do have a visual aesthetic, if that's your thing. But I like the fact that inno does one event with good quality buildings, followed by an event with buildings that are utter garbage. There's no regret or anxiety when fragging rubbish.

That being said, some of the dailies are decent; especially if you need mana. I don't, so I'm just gonna frag me as many of those Crab Hotels as I can.

Well done for re-pricing the content of the Royal Prizes. They were a little on the expensive side in Floral Awakening and had I not needed the unicorn portrait I wouldn't have bought it. But the Aqua Splendor version is much more in line with what I would consider reasonable.

The military building sale was also fairly priced. But this idiot bought one, got distracted, then forgot to buy the others on my grocery list -_- Imagine how annoyed I was with myself. Going by the current tourney scores I believe it went down rather well with the population at large. Keep that one rotating regularly and I'm sure there'll be a healthy level of interest each time.

All in all, thank you and well done.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hekata

Artisan
Everything needs at least three connections to get the maximum bonuses, so the corner buildings will therefore never get the maximum bonus. The three bigger buildings need even four connections to get the kp bonus.
It's very annoying but it's not really a new thing: that's how set building used to be when they first appeared as prizes. It was impossible to make them fit into a neat "box" and there was no way to get the max bonus. Everyone just had to chose what they needed the most. But most of those sets were very powerful even without the max bonus. Then they were replaced by evo buildings for a long time and when they were re-introduced they made them so they could fit nicely into a shape and with a max boost but ofc nerfed compared to the ones we had before.

I do have one criticism. In previous events, one of the quests may have been to "buy KP" but there was always an "or" option. This made it palatable to those who already had extortionately priced KP purchases. This was a change made on the basis of criticism in earlier events when "buy KP" was a mandatory quest without an "or" option. This learning appears to have been forgotten and there were 3 quests that require you to buy KP without offering an "or" option. The amounts were 7 KP, 14 KP and 20 KP . If the requirement was smaller it would be a negligible annoyance. But (other than, possibly, the first) they were neither small, nor reasonable. For the next event, please remember that unless they're a newish player this kind of quest is going to price people out of completing it.

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
I love events but i'm not a fan of large building sets ... at least now they are worth turning into scrolls for the cauldron (if nothing else) I do find the cauldron a good addon feature to the game (who doesn't like a free boost!) but yeah the quest to donate (when the cauldron is not available) is annoying since game veterans tend to be on looooong scouting times and not even have a real need to scout since we are maxed on province expansions. Is there any real problem with always having the cauldron open to donate to ?

Killiak

Artisan
I do have one criticism. In previous events, one of the quests may have been to "buy KP" but there was always an "or" option. This made it palatable to those who already had extortionately priced KP purchases. This was a change made on the basis of criticism in earlier events when "buy KP" was a mandatory quest without an "or" option. This learning appears to have been forgotten and there were 3 quests that require you to buy KP without offering an "or" option. The amounts were 7 KP, 14 KP and 20 KP . If the requirement was smaller it would be a negligible annoyance. But (other than, possibly, the first) they were neither small, nor reasonable. For the next event, please remember that unless they're a newish player this kind of quest is going to price people out of completing it.

It's better this time, but there are also once again quests that force you to do encounters on the world map. Very annoying, and this has been said to Inno SO MANY TIMES, who seem to forget about the feedback every damn time.

SCI0N

Spellcaster
20KP is something to look forward to!

clau63

Alchemist
Just a question : - If I am at level 15 and I have almost 700 provinces in how much time I can gather 20 relics like ask the game for one single task, how many time boosters I need , if only one provinces is ready in 4 days and half, is anyone who can answer me...?? Ha, ha, ha....haaaa ........ha....

thank you,
clau63

Sir Derf

Adept
Probably less than 4 days and a half. When the next Tourney rolls around? Ha, ha, ha....haaaa ........ha....?

clau63

Alchemist
4 days and half means 108 hours, the event is finished in 43 hours....Ha, ha....ha.....gentlemen lets be serious .....