• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived [7501]Fake number of City Expansions available

DeletedUser462

Hi there, Elvenar team,

I have just found out that my Buildings menu shows that I have a lot of available City Expansions although I actually have zero.

Game version: 0.30.2463-v0.30-rc8-(master) (2015-12-01 11:35)
Game world: Arendyll
Browser + version: Mozilla Firefox Version 42.0
Flash Player version: 19.0.0.245
Operating System: Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Screen resolution: 1920 x 1080
Account name: Rexxagor
Humans or Elves: Elves
Hardware Acceleration: ON

Reproducibility: 2/5

Current situation:
I had a running game session for about 3-4 hours when I decided to check out my available Expansions. I have opened the menu and was surprised to find that I have 17 City Expansions available. Of course, I have tried to place one but it turned out to be an error. After a while this bug appeared again, this time showing 14 City Expansions available. Same results with the error.

Expected situation:
I should have had no City Expansions available.

Reproduction Steps:
1. It happens sometimes, out of nowhere. Leave your game session open for a while. Maybe it has something to do with receiving new notifications.
2. Check your Buildings menu, Expansions tab.
3. It shows you have a lot of City Expansions available. Click to place one.
4. You can see your Coins being taken but immediately followed by an Error window.
5. Refresh the game tab.
6. Your Coins are actually not being taken, no new City Expansion has been placed and the Buildings menu shows 0 City Expansions available.

Screenshots of the bug:
MCJQGYj.png

When I shared the information about this bug with my Fellowship members some of them confirmed to have experienced it too.

Thanks in advance,
Rexx

DeletedUser462

Hey Avatrix,

Thanks for the quick reaction! Please note that the announce describes a case where the player has placed free ("at no cost") City Expansions before he actually unlocked them. This is not my case above... I haven't placed anything and no real Coins have been taken away from my account. I think it's just a visual issue here.

And also a few updates have been made after the day this announce was posted so it's possible that more than one bug connected to the Expansions exist now.

I mean you are probably right and my issue is indeed connected to the announcement but it's good to note somewhere that another variation of this bug (or a new similar bug) has been found which may help the investigation.

DeletedUser815

Dear Rexxagor,

Thank you kindly for your remarks and suggestions. They are pertinant and to the point. And very welcome :) I will keep them in mind for anything similar I happen to come across in future.