• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered 1000's Still waiting for changes as promised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3032

The benefit us all is subjective. Blueprints and broken rune shards are 2 promises that have been around long before this one, both at the time of the tournament re-balance.

I'm sorry I did forget about those. I'm sure the broken shards promise is easier to implement than any new NH system. Pretty much everything is already in the game to introduce an upgrade tab for the culture buildings and have the BP as the cost of the upgrades.

Must be seriously busy making those monthly videos instead of doing the little things :p

DeletedUser3781

What I find the most funny about this situation is that there are no chests on app, so even if you have the app, you can't benefit from Lighthouse when you use it :p

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
what exactly was promised about the NH? i dont look at the EN forums much (altho i have an EN account) but on the other language forums, i didnt see a promise about the NH changing.
So if you could please link to the promise, that would be greatly appreciated :)

Timneh

Artisan
what exactly was promised about the NH? i dont look at the EN forums much (altho i have an EN account) but on the other language forums, i didnt see a promise about the NH changing.
So if you could please link to the promise, that would be greatly appreciated :)

I can't remember where the thread in question is and i don't have the time to look for it but it was stated that the NH system used on the app is going to be introduced on the browser version. There was also a comment made about it on the beta forum by the CM there at the time of the AW change.

DeletedUser3781

Here is one from beta: https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/release-notes-version-1-39.9159/page-7#post-54514
As you might have already guessed, the changes to the Crystal Lighthouse and Bell Spire are related to both the Ancient Wonder balancing and the upcoming improvements to the NH System. For those of you who have already played on our mobile app: You'll have a bit of an understanding about the way we want to go with Neighbourly Help and the time it takes. Because NH will take a lot less time in the (near) future, we will also have to consider balancing here so that's always a bit tricky. We want to help you make NH less boring and time consuming but this also means we can't keep giving tons of goods for something that will take almost no time anymore. The actual mechanic, when overused, is actually way too strong in comparison to the costs of these Ancient Wonders and will be even more so when the time to perform NH will be significantly reduced.

Also I don't get what's so funny Shamy, maybe you could share so I can laugh too o_O

DeletedUser3985

What I find the most funny about this situation is that there are no chests on app, so even if you have the app, you can't benefit from Lighthouse when you use it :p
That's.. incredibly stupid. The whole neighbourly help/AW nerf situation seems like one big joke at this point. What were they thinking...

DeletedUser1829

Amongst other reasons it was mentioned it related to the NH change that will come. Not exactly a promise, although they did mention on one of their videos that the 2 versions (app and browser) will become in sync in terms of updates as both have some benefits over the other at this current point. So we more or less are waiting on the 2 versions to be in sync.

That's.. incredibly stupid. The whole neighbourly help/AW nerf situation seems like one big joke at this point. What were they thinking...

While I don't have the slightest clue on the actual numbers the concept is something like this:
  • 100 people x 200 visits + 30000 people x 0.5 visits (avg) = 35,000 visits
  • 100 people x 200 visits + 30000 people x 3 visits = 110,000 visits
They have tried to encourage the masses to increase their visits, they are not looking at an individual's situation. The app change will also have a dramatic increase on the visits (most likely).

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
So this whole thread is about a promise that was never made? they just said some unclear thing that you could interpret as a promise, but it isnt actually one.

Sorry to wake you guys up then, but this is what the elvenar teams have been doing for years. they say some unclear things, we make an incredible positive story off it, and we then get dissapointed when its not what we tought it was, but even the opposite sometimes. And if you look afterwards at what they excatly said, there were no lies involved.

if you want examples: introduction of tournaments, battle redesign, fellowship adventures.... community based culture buildings.

I for one have by now learned to only look the facts (current game), and not take anything fussy they are saying into consideration.

So personally i dont think the new NH will be coming to browser, at least not untill we move into the flash free version. If it would be coming to browser, it would have made the game by now allready. So i think theres some technical reasons it isnt coming (yet)

DeletedUser3032

So this whole thread is about a promise that was never made? they just said some unclear thing that you could interpret as a promise, but it isnt actually one.

Sorry to wake you guys up then, but this is what the elvenar teams have been doing for years. they say some unclear things, we make an incredible positive story off it, and we then get dissapointed when its not what we tought it was, but even the opposite sometimes. And if you look afterwards at what they excatly said, there were no lies involved.

if you want examples: introduction of tournaments, battle redesign, fellowship adventures.... community based culture buildings.

I for one have by now learned to only look the facts (current game), and not take anything fussy they are saying into consideration.

So personally i dont think the new NH will be coming to browser, at least not untill we move into the flash free version. If it would be coming to browser, it would have made the game by now allready. So i think theres some technical reasons it isnt coming (yet)

IMO the game will never go flash free. They would have stopped updating/adding things to the game already and concentrated on an HTML5 version and debugged it to hell for a good while. I don't know personally any game which has been rewritten/converted into HTML5, it's likely not even financially viable. Think of all those flash game developers the companies have on their payrolls. They will lose their jobs unless they are just as good with other languages.

They must have atleast started designing a new NH system overwise they wouldn't mention it and said "As you might have already guessed, the changes to the Crystal Lighthouse and Bell Spire are related to both the Ancient Wonder balancing and the upcoming improvements to the NH System". So it would appear it is coming, we just do not know when... Passed things which have been mentioned that are upcoming, have been introduced shortly after announcing them. Why not this one?

Inno gave us a teaser image of the FA but never told us what it was, few weeks later it was tested and on live servers :p Now that was a big addition to the game, much bigger than a revamped NH system.

We can sit here all day and weigh things up, we are just gonna have to wait and see. The point of this thread is not to talk crap about the comments / statements Inno have made in the passed about things which have not been introduced into the game yet etc, it's just about the NH system and so it should be kept to that topic. This is @Muf-Muf to reply too, not a heated debate and a giggle at other peoples expense.

DeletedUser4528

IMO the game will never go flash free.

Preparations are already made to transfer Elvenar into HTML, so keep tuned to the announcements next year for when and where.

I don't know personally any game which has been rewritten/converted into HTML5, it's likely not even financially viable. .

May of the larger game companies are already using HTML versions, some alongside the Flash version, other in place of. As a player you are unlikely to notice the switch, as the games themselves are identical.

DeletedUser3032

"Preparations are already made to transfer Elvenar into HTML, so keep tuned to the announcements next year for when and where."

News to us all. If your aware of that, what is going on with the new NH system?

"May of the larger game companies are already using HTML versions, some alongside the Flash version, other in place of. As a player you are unlikely to notice the switch, as the games themselves are identical."

They make new games in HTML5 and other things now but current games, many companies just see the games life-span out, rather than spending more money converting them. There will be plenty of new bugs which do not appear in the current game, if and when it is released as HTML5 that is a certainty.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
IMO the game will never go flash free. They would have stopped updating/adding things to the game already and concentrated on an HTML5 version and debugged it to hell for a good while. I don't know personally any game which has been rewritten/converted into HTML5, it's likely not even financially viable. Think of all those flash game developers the companies have on their payrolls. They will lose their jobs unless they are just as good with other languages.

Im pretty sure they are working on flash free version of the game, THAT they have actually promised somewhere. AFAIK they are doing it to FOE first,and if all goes smooth there, we're probably next since elvenar is their second biggest game. And it might be financially bad for them, but they have no choice, in a year or 2, flash is gonna be totally gone, so then they wouldnt have a game at all anymore, so that would mean no income at all.
They must have atleast started designing a new NH system overwise they wouldn't mention it and said "As you might have already guessed, the changes to the Crystal Lighthouse and Bell Spire are related to both the Ancient Wonder balancing and the upcoming improvements to the NH System". So it would appear it is coming, we just do not know when... Passed things which have been mentioned that are upcoming, have been introduced shortly after announcing them. Why not this one?
why cant the upcoming improvements to the NH system not just mean, the new nh version on mobile? the problem was that nh on mobile was too fast, and then people were getting too much rewards from it. So the lighthouse bonus had to be toned down cause of the nh on mobile, so they did that before the app was globally launched.

Don't get me wrong, i also hope the new nh comes to browser version, its so much faster and more fun. But im just saying they didnt really promise us they will bring it (yet)

We can sit here all day and weigh things up, we are just gonna have to wait and see. The point of this thread is not to talk crap about the comments / statements Inno have made in the passed about things which have not been introduced into the game yet etc, it's just about the NH system and so it should be kept to that topic. This is @Muf-Muf to reply too, not a heated debate and a giggle at other peoples expense.
Also ...if you only want to have a talk with MufMuf, just send him a forum message? Whats the point of making a post, if nobody but you and MufMuf are allowed to reply on it?

Last edited:

Timneh

Artisan
The original question posted by king0r is of interest to other people as well so it is good to have it posted here. The problem with posting it here seems to be that Muf-Muf is not very good at the part of his job where he is supposed to get answers to questions posted here.
If the new NH system is not going to be brought here (i still think they said it was going to be) then why doesn't Muf-Muf come on here and say so, that will put an end to all the speculation. Simple really.

DeletedUser3985

While I don't have the slightest clue on the actual numbers the concept is something like this:
  • 100 people x 200 visits + 30000 people x 0.5 visits (avg) = 35,000 visits
  • 100 people x 200 visits + 30000 people x 3 visits = 110,000 visits
They have tried to encourage the masses to increase their visits, they are not looking at an individual's situation. The app change will also have a dramatic increase on the visits (most likely).
I understand the concept, what I don't understand is how Inno thought the nerfing CL/GBS way before a new NH system was introduced was a good idea, especially when you can't make use of chests on the app where the new NH system is already in place! I try not to be too critical but this, to me, is a huge failure.

DeletedUser3097

Hi @Timneh and @king0r,

Not sure which part of the world you live in, but for many it is the festive holiday season so you will need a little patience and understanding while you wait for your answer. So sit back, relax and enjoy the holiday spirit and maybe, in good time, you will receive a reply.

(Bah humbug did I hear?)
:p

I have a theory that Muf-Muf is, in fact, Santa Claus and so is otherwise engaged at the moment. I hope you have been good this year...

DeletedUser3781

Don't get me wrong, i also hope the new nh comes to browser version, its so much faster and more fun. But im just saying they didnt really promise us they will bring it (yet)
How do you interpret this phrase from Marindor?
Because NH will take a lot less time in the (near) future[...]

I understand the concept, what I don't understand is how Inno thought the nerfing CL/GBS way before a new NH system was introduced was a good idea, especially when you can't make use of chests on the app where the new NH system is already in place!
I think people were getting too much goods while using the app, but they couldn't nerf CL just on app so they did it on browser too. Timing was connected to wider release of the app.
effect: I deleted CL, since I started giving NH on app only as it's more convenient, so I was gaining nothing. Not sure it was what they intended :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.