• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered 1000's Still waiting for changes as promised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3032

Here's a question for @Muf-Muf

On the September 26th there was an update to screw everyone over with the Ancient Wonders "Bell Spire" and "Crystal Lighthouse".

What was said by yourself and mods was that doing NH was going to be getting easier, 'hence the balance changes'.

ALMOST 3 Months down the line and there's been nothing improved or made easier to do NH as promised.

The balance changes should not have been introduced back then. It should have been left until you had everything in place to compromise with all the resources people have lost doing NH and also the lost benefit of players returning the visit.

No excuses 'you should all use the mobile app', that's lame, not everyone has a 200+ Euro phone or tablet which can run this game FACT.

So what's the reason behind the lame and crazy amount of time it is taking to fix this for the players who have lost so much in ALMOST 3 MONTHS????????????????

Hoping everyone would go quiet and forget about all this?

DeletedUser3032

I enjoy the game. The game changes, we get told one thing and then nothing. There has been plenty of updates since. Nothing in the Q&A session even mentioning about these changes they told us about 3 months ago. Only about the mobile version.

I'm sticking up for those who have these AWs, whom complained in the beginning and the promise of changes to the browser visiting system which was promised 3 months ago and still nothing. I personally don't have the AWs but this is more about the NH system.

Everything has gone quiet on here in recent months. There is still loads of people annoyed about the AW change. Drum up a little support to get answers for those who don't visit forum or do not wish to make the initial thread.

The initial thread of people annoyed about the AW change + NH is dead and buried somewhere on page 20 or something and so no one sees it. Can't complain or join in on something you cannot see. An intended affect many companies like to see happen, complaints getting buried/hidden quickly.

So new thread, first page hopefully get an answer from a 3 month problem.

I await a comment from muf-muf. Doesn't need any input from anyone else, only if you are still waiting for the new NH system and want to get the answers too. Keep this thread on topic so the CM + Mods don't have to read through the nonsense crap and rubbish people post slating others and opinions.

So quiet everyone.....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser441

I managed to build another boosted 'factory for tiers 2 and 3 which almost compensated for the lost goods doing NH. I'll soon be selling off my non boosted 'factories because it's totally impractical to have them at higher levels , freeing up space and population for upgrades. Don't complain , it's a waste of time , make the most out of what you can do. :)

DeletedUser3032

Yup thats good, you will have saved the population you lost making another factory once you delete non-boosted.

But where is the new browser NH system? Didn't take long for them to implement it on mobile and change it several times since it's was introduced.

Timneh

Artisan
I have been thinking of starting a thread asking the same question. It seems strange to implement a change that we were told was directly linked to another change but the 2 changes are many months apart in being implemented. If the 2 are linked then why were they not implemented together ?
It is good that they are making NH easier as has been asked for by players sooooo many times but if the browser version is the same as the mobile version then they have still not changed one of the things players were asking for and that is for a way to block things that you do not want help on. At the moment a lot of players seem to be too lazy to look for a culture building to polish when they do NH visits even if the player they are visiting has asked for culture help and they just click on MH because it is right there when the city loads. I am expecting that a lot of those players will still click on MH when the new system finally gets introduced even though all they will need to do is click on the appropriate icon to give culture help and it will be right there next to the icons for MH and BH. Maybe i will be wrong about that, time will tell.
Anyway come on Inno and give us some sort of a time frame for when this NH change is coming

DeletedUser3032

I have been thinking of starting a thread asking the same question. It seems strange to implement a change that we were told was directly linked to another change but the 2 changes are many months apart in being implemented. If the 2 are linked then why were they not implemented together ?
It is good that they are making NH easier as has been asked for by players sooooo many times but if the browser version is the same as the mobile version then they have still not changed one of the things players were asking for and that is for a way to block things that you do not want help on. At the moment a lot of players seem to be too lazy to look for a culture building to polish when they do NH visits even if the player they are visiting has asked for culture help and they just click on MH because it is right there when the city loads. I am expecting that a lot of those players will still click on MH when the new system finally gets introduced even though all they will need to do is click on the appropriate icon to give culture help and it will be right there next to the icons for MH and BH. Maybe i will be wrong about that, time will tell.
Anyway come on Inno and give us some sort of a time frame for when this NH change is coming

Quite right we told they were linked changes. Soon it will be 3 months.

I dunno if you have used the mobile app, but it's simple. Select culture / MH or builder job done. I think this system should come over here. The only problem with it is if we want MH help we probably won't get it because there is not city title displayed where we all put C / BH / MH in. But the culture option is good because it selects the largest > lowest building first.

Quick enough to make changes which have not been suggested or discussed with any type of input from player but slow or fail to make changes which players suggest or have had discussions about. ;/

Timneh

Artisan
It would help a little if they had the decency to keep players informed of how the change was progressing but that is asking too much from Inno
@king0r i have not used the App and i probably never will, i'll keep playing the browser game untill they stop doing it and just have the mobile App then i'll stop playing lol.I have seen how the App works for NH though.

DeletedUser3032

It's not bad, to be honest. It lacks the city name on the popup box from what I have seen. Having that would help at least. Then we'd at least have an idea of where people want help. I'm just astonished that it's not been done in the browser yet. Seems a lack of development on the browser side and they are only going forward with the mobile development and anything which is cross-platform compatible.

Timneh

Artisan
At the time the change to the BS/CL was made it was stated on the beta forum by Marindor(the beta CM) that the browser version of the new NH system was not even at the testing stage so i do not know why they brought in the AW change so far in advance of the NH change.

DeletedUser3032

Should not have been brought in, But 3 months???? they put crap fault rubbish on beta server before it's been tested an then launch it a week later on live servers before fixing it. ughhhh wheres the sense in that. been 3 months something would have been tested and implemented by now if they were goin to do it.

DeletedUser3097

Hi @Timneh and @king0r,

Not sure which part of the world you live in, but for many it is the festive holiday season so you will need a little patience and understanding while you wait for your answer. So sit back, relax and enjoy the holiday spirit and maybe, in good time, you will receive a reply.

(Bah humbug did I hear?)
:p

DeletedUser3032

:p We understand that. But 3 months anniversary soon. 1 more month and we may have an answer not good. :(

Timneh

Artisan
@Dizzy Lizzie When the change to the AWs was made the question was asked in the feedback about how long it would be before the new NH system would be introduced as we were told the 2 were linked, it was also asked why the change was being made to the AWs when the new NH system was nowhere near ready for release ( as i said earlier that info came from the beta CM) so far neither question has been answered and as king0r said it is almost 3 months now. How long does it take to answer 2 questions for pitys sake. Muf-Muf himself stated that a part of his job is to get questions that get asked in the forum. Moan over. A great big BAH HUMBUG from me.

DeletedUser1829

Guys I hate to break it to you but there are other things we have being waiting on much longer. Have patience,they only have so many staff and have to prioritise stuff plus sometimes life happens and their plans have to change.

As to neighbourly help, you do not need a phone/tablet to use that feature there are programs that let you do it on your computer.

edit: Add the missing word "only"

DeletedUser3032

Guys I hate to break it to you but there are other things we have being waiting on much longer. Have patience,they have so many staff and have to prioritise stuff plus sometimes life happens and their plans have to change.

As to neighbourly help, you do not need a phone/tablet to use that feature there are programs that let you do it on your computer.

What are we waiting on which was promised, which happened to be linked to a previous change (rebalancing) and would actually be beneficial to us all? ;P

Unfortunately, you require another piece of software to do what your suggesting and many will not want to install anything new. So players have been looking forward to the NH change to make life that little bit easier, not to mention it will make more players receive more visits even without visiting themselves. Not everyone here is tech savvy, writes guides and eats pineapple. There are people in their 60+ playing this game who just play via the preinstalled browser (IE/Edge) and they will never install something.

This thread was started to help everyone get an answer, not just for me. I really couldn't give a monkey about the AW rebalancing. But I ask anyway, because no one else is. The original thread is being hidden more and more, putting it out of everyone's view. The AW rebalancing is linked to the new NH system, so that is why it is being asked.

As a CM it is a job to answer questions. This is a community right??? Most people will still be working this week, regardless of the 'festive' season starting the weekend. Muf-Muf will be lurking somewhere, keeping out of sight just like the original thread :p

Unfortunately, Mods only have answers to game-related issues. I wish they were kept in the loop a little more.

Timneh

Artisan
Guys I hate to break it to you but there are other things we have being waiting on much longer. Have patience,they have so many staff and have to prioritise stuff plus sometimes life happens and their plans have to change.

If they have so many staff it should be easier to answer the questions that are asked although i suspect you meant to say they ONLY have so many staff(sorry if i am wrong). Also by his own admission it is part of the job of the CM to get answers to those questions and i quote

It is my job, as community manager, to make sure that you all are heard and that your questions and/or concerns are answered, and that's exactly why I am here, together with the rest of the Elvenar Team you can find here on the forums. If you have any question, we will be able to provide the answers

The fact that there is software that can enable players to use the new system for NH on the browser version is immaterial, the fact is that a change was made to the BS/CL in connection to the new NH system that is coming so why was the AW change introduced when the new system for NH was nowhere near ready ?
Maybe something did happen that has delayed the new system being brought in but that only strengthens the case that the AW change should not have been introduced before the new NH system was ready.
The lack of information being passed down to players has been brought up several times that i am aware of and Inno keep saying that they are going to address the matter and absolutely nothing changes. Can they really not see why players get annoyed and frustrated ?

DeletedUser1829

What are we waiting on which was promised, which happened to be linked to a previous change (rebalancing) and would actually be beneficial to us all? ;P

The benefit us all is subjective. Blueprints and broken rune shards are 2 promises that have been around long before this one, both at the time of the tournament re-balance.

i suspect you meant to say they ONLY have so many staff

the fact is that a change was made to the BS/CL in connection to the new NH system that is coming so why was the AW change introduced when the new system for NH was nowhere near ready ?

Yep I missed "only, have edited it now.

If the change to the AW was done solely because of the new NH system you would have a point. Fact is it wasn't the sole reason but certainly a related reason. Regardless you are going to have to be patient like the rest of us. ;)

m4rt1n

Adept
As I see it, AW's only work on PC, and the new NH only works on app, so unless a player uses both versions of the game, neither benefits.

The change should at least have waited until an app player can build an AW, many get stuck in the quest line with the magic building early on, let alone AW's, so APP alone is still not a viable way of playing the game.

Jumping the gun comes to mind because a small percentage of players gained a small advantage, by using both mediums to play, which BTW is totally necessary if an APP player is to get through the fairly early mandatory quests. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.