• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

King Snow and the Snow Flurry

DeletedUser2920

Is this snowflake mountain worth getting? It seems to be a better deal than the other thing on offer today. Is it worth going after the other two palaces too?

DeletedUser

To unlock the second you need to unlock the first, to unlock the third you need to unlock both first and second, so get it and then see how far you go, from what has been said both here and on the beta forum we're unlikely to be able to get the 3rd without either a lot of luck (which most people don't have) or by spending diamonds.

DeletedUser2761

Relics shouldn't be impossible if you have tournaments. We have over a month to do this so we will get 4 tournaments. Using tournaments and some normal encounters, plus a bit of luck in neighbour visits it is possible to get all the relics needed. It will just take time and patience and a lot of goods. I also read, but don't know for absolute sure, that relics won from opening the event gift boxes also can count towards the relics quests - so if you time it right, you may also be lucky in that way too. Assuming those gift box prizes do work that way.

Not saying it will be easy to get all the relics for the quests, it won't be, but it is possible.

ETA: I just tested the gift boxes relics and they do count towards relics quests.
I havn't reached tournaments in the research menu yet but am fairly close. However, I did read a couple of days ago that tournaments are being changed in the new year and will only be available to fellowships ... with this in mind I am wondering if it is worth continuing with the research menu to include tournaments or to just pass it by and see what changes in the research menu??

DeletedUser

I havn't reached tournaments in the research menu yet but am fairly close. However, I did read a couple of days ago that tournaments are being changed in the new year and will only be available to fellowships ... with this in mind I am wondering if it is worth continuing with the research menu to include tournaments or to just pass it by and see what changes in the research menu??
Last I looked, the Tournaments tech was a required tech, so you would not be able to continue on past it on the tech tree without spending the knowledge points and resources to unlock it.

DeletedUser2554

It hasn't finished on Beta yet, they will be about a week ahead of us, so the list isn't complete.
DAILY WINTER DONATION (one quest per 24 hours)
1. Gain 1000 Planks
2. Train 60 Units
3. Gain 1000 Steel
4. Gain 15 000 Coins
5. Gain 1000 Marble

CHARMED SNOW FLURRY
1. Gain 5000 coins
2. Spend 2 Knowledge Points
3. Gain 700 Supplies
4. Gain 3 Relics (which you can get from Neighborhood Visits or Tournaments too)
5. Train 10 Units.
6. Produce beverages 2 times.
7. Buy 1 knowledge point
8. Gain 100 Marble
9. Gain 100 Planks
10. Gain 100 Steel
11. Gain 30k coins
12. Scout 1 Province
13. Gain 4000 Supplies
14. Gain 1 Power of Provision spell. (Start one NOW and keep it till you need it!)
15. Upgrade 3 buildings to level 4 or higher (Planks is quickest for Elf; Marble for Humans.
If you are short of space, you can just do one building to level 4, then 5 then 6!
16. Produce advanced tools 4 times (3 hour workshop run)
17. Basket of Groceries 3 times (9 hours Workshop). (Run concurrently with 18.)
18. Tool Boxes 2 times. (24 hours Workshop), ( Run concurrently with 17.)
19: Produce beverages 50 times
20. Solve 8 Encounters or buy 8 Knowledge Points
21. Gain 20 Relics (easy one this! You can get them all on the second day of the Tournament)
22. Produce Simple Tools 25 times
23. Scout one province or produce one Power of Provision Spell
24. Spend 7 knowledge points
25. Buy 5 knowledge points
26. Produce three hour Tier One goods production 5 times
27. Produce nine hour Tier One goods 4 times
28. Produce 24 hour Tier One Goods 3 times
29. Produce 48 hour Tier One Goods 2 times
30. Upgrade 5 buildings to level 3 or higher
31. Gain 40 000 Coins
32. Gain 24 Relics

DO YOU HAVE THE REST YET? :)

DeletedUser

The third is always the diamond bait. Pure and simple. You can get one and two, with some luck, but to get the third is impossible without forking out serious cash. Which you might be cool with, I am not cool with having an event that you have to pay for <shrug> might just be me, devs gotta eat too, right?
Oh yeah, they could listen to us and we would spend more cash... I forgot they could do that ;-P

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
devs gotta eat too, right?
Some food every now and then would be nice, yes. ;)

Of course you can still play the event without spending anything, and between the large number of available quests, the snow crystals in the city, and the longer duration of the winter event, you do have a better chance of unlocking the higher-level rewards than in our previous event. :)

Tiriake

Soothsayer
Am I correct in thinking that the amount of snowflakes you can get from snow crystals wont change if you leave them uncollected for say a day?

DeletedUser

You know what would be cool? If the snow storyline actually means something. That is, if you get all three special items (by spending cash) AND have them placed, you can choose to have the background snowy. As that is what the story is about, right?

Innovate or die.

DeletedUser2054

@Tiriake It won't change the values of the individual crystals, but you get less crystals meaning less snowflakes.

DeletedUser2920

You know what would be cool? If the snow storyline actually means something. That is, if you get all three special items (by spending cash) AND have them placed, you can choose to have the background snowy. As that is what the story is about, right?

Innovate or die.

Forge of Empires always had a story and I think most people ignored it, probably why they don't bother here.

sunrae

Soothsayer
Just a suggestion but I think it would be good if some of the prizes could be : your sword dancers have 50 per cent more strength for 2 battles or your archer has 10 per cent more defence for one battle or something along those lines. There has been so much fighting talk recently due to the re-balancing and I think it would add another dimension to the quests. Sometimes relics or runes seem a bit, well, you know..... boring. There is nothing for the fighters amongst us and it might be cheery for them. I am no techy so have no idea how difficult it would be to do but I think there are quite a few people who would like it. (Don't get me wrong I use relics and runes and do need them - thanks very much ;))

Timneh

Artisan
If anyone wants a full list of the quests there is one at tinyurl.com/soggysnow He has also done a walkthrough for the first half of the event.

DeletedUser2311

Forge of Empires always had a story and I think most people ignored it, probably why they don't bother here.
I have been playing Forge of Empires now for over 4 years and don't care if they is a story just as long as there is events though out the year if not then either one of these games get boring.

DeletedUser

If anyone wants a full list of the quests there is one at tinyurl.com/soggysnow He has also done a walkthrough for the first half of the event.
There is also a link to download a spreadsheet which gives all the quests as per the walkthrough and full list with the addition of being able to tick them off as you go. Its really helpful if you are doing more than one city and forget what's coming next for each one when they're at different stages.

BekBel

Adventurer
DO YOU HAVE THE REST YET? :)
My apologies.

I have done all of the 100 quests on the live worlds and they are indeed correct, couldn't have done it without the list from SoggyShorts on the US forum and the Platinum Leaf group on Facebook.

1. Gain 5000 coins
* There is a scout coming in quest # 12 - do the math to decide when to start it! Players in the higher chapters are going to be pressed to finish as it takes > 2 days a Scout! Right at the beginning - make sure you know EXACTLY how long your scouting time it, so you know when to start a Scout so it is ready shortly after you need it!
* Start a Power of Provision Spell and keep it for # 14
2. Spend 2 Knowledge Points
3. Gain 700 Supplies
4. Gain 3 Relics (Tournaments; Province Fights; Daily Visits; you also win them in the Gift Boxes)
5. Train 10 Units.
6. Produce beverages 2 times.
7. Buy 1 knowledge point
8. Gain 100 Marble
9. Gain 100 Planks
10. Gain 100 Steel
11. Gain 30k coins
12. Scout 1 Province
13. Gain 4000 Supplies
14. Gain 1 Power of Provision spell. (Start another one NOW and keep it till you need it!)
15. Upgrade 3 buildings to level 4 or higher (Planks is quickest for Elf; Marble for Humans.
* If you are short of space, you can just do one building to level 4, then 5 then 6!
16. Produce advanced tools 4 times (3 hour workshop run)
17. Produce Basket of Groceries 3 times (9 hours Workshop). (Run concurrently with 18.)
18. Produce Tool Boxes 2 times. (24 hours Workshop), ( Run concurrently with 17.)
* There is a Scout coming up in # 23 - decide when to start it.
* Otherwise you should start a Power of provision for # the same 23 if that suits you better.
19: Produce beverages 50 times. Consider building a few disposable Level 1 Workshops for these supplies quests
* Round about this time, you could consider starting a Scout (depending on your level and how long they take you; do the math!
20. Solve 8 Encounters or buy 8 Knowledge Points
21. Gain 20 Relics (Easy one this, though initially it sounds daunting! You can collect most of them on the second day of a weekly Tournament. You also get relics from the Gift Boxes, and from the Treasure Chests when you visit your friends.)
22. Produce Simple Tools 25 times
23. Scout one province or produce one Power of Provision Spell. Start some more!
24. Spend 7 knowledge points
25. Buy 5 knowledge points
26. Produce three hour Tier One goods production 5 times
27. Produce nine hour Tier One goods 4 times (do this concurrently with # 28 and # 29; you can build a few Level one T1 disposable factories for this!))
28. Produce 24 hour Tier One Goods 3 times (do this concurrently with # 29)
29. Produce 48 hour Tier One Goods 2 times (bummer - 2 day hold up! But we have 34 days to do them all...)
30. Produce bread 5 times (1 hr Workshop) If you are clever, collect this together with the regular 8 Bread Quest for double whammy!
31. Upgrade 5 buildings to level 3 or higher (see notes above; you can do one building 5 times if you are short of space)
* Make sure you have Power of Provision Spells ready for # 34
32.Gain 40 000 Coins
33. Gain 24 Relics (Tournaments should do this easily)
* Somewhere round this level, do the math, you should start a scout for quest # 37
34. Gain 2 Power of Provision Spell [13 h] (You can do these in advance and have them waiting!) Start some more - you will need them!
35. Train 100 Units
36. Gain 250 Crystal Scroll and Silk
37. Scout 1 Province (Keep your scout free for this! If you are high-level, you may need to start the Scout going a day before you will need the province for this)
38. Produce Bread [1 h] 5 times and Produce Beverages [5 m] 20 times
* Make sure you have Power of Provision Spells making for quest # 43!
39. Solve 10 Encounters or buy 10 Knowledge Points
40. Gain 2000 Marble, Steel and Planks
41. Gain 24 Relics (Tournaments; Province Fights; Daily Visits you also win them in the Gift Boxes)
42. Produce Simple Tools [15 m] 35 times
43. Scout 2 Province or produce Power of Provision Spell [13 h] 2 times
* Set your Scout going for quest 52! Do the math depending on your level
* Make sure you have 2 Power of Provision Spells brewing for quest 54
44. Spend 10 Knowledge Points
45. Buy 7 Knowledge Points
46. Produce [GoodsTier 1: 3 h] 7 times
47. Produce [Goods Tier 1: 9 h] 5 times
* # 47, # 48 and # 49 #50 can obviously run concurrently, because they runf rom shortest to longest and you can collect them in order!
* Set your Scout going for quest 52! Do the math depending on your level
* Make sure you have 2 Power of Provision Spells brewing for quest 54
48. Produce [Goods Tier 1: 1 d] 4 times
* Set your Scout going for quest 52! Do the math to work out when to start, depending on your level's scouting time
49. Produce [Goods Tier 1: 2 d] 3 times
50. Produce 1h workshops 10 times (bread)
51. Gain 70k Coins
52. Scout 1 Province
53) Gain 10k supplies
* Get ready to scout 2 provinces for quest # 62!
54) Gain 2 spells "Power of provisions". Get some more going for # 64
55) Upgrade 4 building to level 5 or more
56) Produce 8 Advanced tools (Workshop 3 h)
57) Produce 6 Baskets of groceries (Workshop 9 h)
58) Produce 4 Toolboxes (Workshop 1 d)
59) Produce 75 Beverages (Workshop 5 min)
60) Resolve 12 encounters or Buy 12 KPs
61) Gain 100k gold coins
62) Scout 2 provinces
63) Gain 20k supplies
64) Gain 3 spells "Power of provisions"
65) Upgrade 5 building to level 6 or more
66) Produce 12 Advanced tools (Workshop 3 h)
67) Produce 10 Baskets of groceries (Workshop 9 h)
68) Produce 8 Toolboxes (Workshop 1 d)
* These are the last 24h workshop quests, can replace a few level 1 workshops that you have made with more tier 1 boosted goods after quest #69, or keep them to make the short supply quests faster.
* Make sure you have Power of Provision Spells brewing for quest 73!
* 3 Scouts coming up in quest #72!
69) Produce 100 Beverages (Workshop 5m)
70) Resolve 16 encounters or Buy 16 KPs
71) Gain 32 relics (Tournaments; Province Fights; Daily Visits; you also win them in the Gift Boxes)
72) Produce 50 Simple tools (Workshop 15 min)
73) Scout 3 provinces or Produce 3 spells "Power of provisions"
74) Spend 15 KPs
75) Buy 12 KPs
76) Produce 10 x Tier 1 boost 3 h
77) Produce 8 x Tier 1 boost 9 h
78) Produce 6 x Tier 1 boost 1 d
79) Produce 5 x Tier 1 boost 2 d
80) Produce 20 Breads (Workshop 1 h)
81) Upgrade 10 building to level 4 or more (see notes on how to do this)
* Get some more Power of Provision spells brewing for quest # 84!
* Do the math to decide when to begin scouting for quest # 87
82) Gain 150k gold coins
83) Gain 40 relics (Tournaments; Province Fights; Daily Visits you also win them in the Gift Boxes)
84) Gain 3 spells "Power of provisions"
85) Train 300 units
86) Gain 1000 crystal, scrolls and silk
87) Scout 1 province
* Get some Power of Provision spells going for quest # 93
88) Produce 20 Breads (Workshop 1 h) and 80 Beverages (Workshop 5 min)
89) Resolve 25 encounters or Buy 25 KPs
90) Gain 5000 marble, steel and planks
91) Gain 50 relics (Tournaments; Province Fights; Daily Visits you also win them in the Gift Boxes)
92) Produce 60 Simple tools (Workshop 15 min)
93) Scout 3 provinces or Produce 3 spells "Power of provisions"
94) Spend 20 KPs
95) Buy 15 KPs
96) Produce 12 x Tier 1 boost 3 h
97) Produce 10 x Tier 1 boost 9 h
98) Produce 8 x Tier 1 boost 1 d
99) Produce 6 x Tier 1 boost 2 d
100) Produce 40 Breads (Workshop 1 h)

DAILY WINTER DONATION so far (one quest per 24 hours; you do not lose these if for some reason you can't play one day; they carry over.)
They are posted every day at midnight UST (18:00 EST)
1. Gain 1000 Planks
2. Train 60 Units
3. Gain 1000 Steel
4. Gain 15 000 Coins
5. Gain 1000 Marble
6. Buy 3 Knowledge Points
7. Gain 4 Relics (try to combine this with Quest 32 - they come up more-or-less the same time). Interesting by the way - if you get relics from buying a Box with Snowflakes - they count towards this!
8. Upgrade 2 Buildings to Level 3 or higher
9. 10. 9. Gain 500 Crystal
10. Produce Beverages 11 times
11. Gain 500 Silk
12.Gain 2000 Supplies
13. Produce Simple Tools (15 min) twenty times
14. Produce 500 Scrolls
15. Spend 4 Knowledge Points
16. Produce bread five times
17. Produce 25K Coins
18. Gain 250 Elixir
19. Produce Simple Tools 20 Times (15 min Workshop)

Last edited:

DeletedUser2383

I nominate Soggy Shorts for an Extraordinary Achievement Award from Elvenar!! Maybe some extra land with a specially designed building. He/ she has helped numerous people with these guides.

Also congratzz on finishing the 100 quests, Bekbel :D

DeletedUser2920

Wow, I have to get 250 silk, scrolls etc. I haven't even researched this stuff yet, this is ridiculous. So, it'll take me 4 days just to research to get this, I don't have room to put anything to make these things in the first. I guess the winter event is over for a while, kind of annoying.

BekBel

Adventurer
Wow, I have to get 250 silk, scrolls etc. I haven't even researched this stuff yet, this is ridiculous. So, it'll take me 4 days just to research to get this, I don't have room to put anything to make these things in the first. I guess the winter event is over for a while, kind of annoying.
You don't have to do that. Contact one of your active neighbours and ask them if they are willing to do a trade for it. Even if you don't have the resources to actually trade, you just ask them to do a temporary trade. Trade planks/steel/marble for the scrolls etc, then trade it back again and neither of you lose out.