• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

You knew it was coming....

SkyRider99

Immortal
We should always watch for threats from the north. Winter is coming.

1713312946855.png

Valedoress

Alchemist
I too am now seeing a distinct increase in zombie cities appearing around the edges of my city across all 3 worlds (EN1). The Trader is repleat with everyone offering only 1 or 0 star trades, I know of a few good players that are left and more importantly what time of day they are likely to post trades. Having 'mostly' helpful fellowships is a huge bonus.

After 3 years of constant grind and the recent changes/issues I have taken the conscious decision to park 2 cities at the end of Chapter 15, keep them ticking over and collecting those Spell Frags, CC's and RR's whilst I push on with Arendyll for now.

SkyRider99

Immortal
Why do you think this is?
  1. Insufficient active players.
  2. Players quitting (see #1)
  3. Too many small fellowships. (e.g. AMs desperately clinging to power, instead of dissolving an unproductive FS).
  4. Large number of successful fellowships. Once a player finds a FS that's a good fit they tend to stay, and not look elsewhere. Whereas if a player is looking to leave a good FS, then they are likely to be problematic, unless they have a valid reason.
  5. Fewer new players joining the game would cause a shortage of new applicants. (Same impact as #1)
  6. Unrealistic expectations of players. Some applicants I've had were all about 'what can you do for me', instead of 'how can we work together'.
  7. Real Life (RL) pressures. For example, with less time available there is less reason to join an active FS. (see #1)
Even these seven discussion points have underlying causes and pressures. Maybe other Forum members (are there many left?) have other ideas that we could kick down the road.

Kazzandra

Alchemist
  1. Insufficient active players.
  2. Players quitting (see #1)
  3. Too many small fellowships. (e.g. AMs desperately clinging to power, instead of dissolving an unproductive FS).
  4. Large number of successful fellowships. Once a player finds a FS that's a good fit they tend to stay, and not look elsewhere. Whereas if a player is looking to leave a good FS, then they are likely to be problematic, unless they have a valid reason.
  5. Fewer new players joining the game would cause a shortage of new applicants. (Same impact as #1)
  6. Unrealistic expectations of players. Some applicants I've had were all about 'what can you do for me', instead of 'how can we work together'.
  7. Real Life (RL) pressures. For example, with less time available there is less reason to join an active FS. (see #1)
Even these seven discussion points have underlying causes and pressures. Maybe other Forum members (are there many left?) have other ideas that we could kick down the road.
Gotta keep this wonderful thread going…

I still appreciate the title of the thread. Sometimes, I come here just to check the new posts. Skyrider rarely, if ever, lets me down. I definitely appreciate that.

Never imagined he/she would be the only one left. It says so much about the current situation. However, it’s important to post about the current situation, even if few are reading.

First, buzzing spring is a success. I have not wasted any of the golden shovels yet. Accumulating quite a lot actually. It’s no longer difficult waiting for a daily exclusive worth trying for. BTW, I have always loved the shuffle board. Guaranteed prizes. As a result, I see a prize worth it for my current chapter. Some day down the line. Meanwhile, I am bypassing all the other daily exclusives. It’s a strange way to play an event, and still call it a successful event.

Second, what a great chapter so far. It’s a good feeling to move through a chapter, rather than feel stagnated. Some may have reached a point when the grind became too boring, or another chapter became too repetitive, and the events didn’t have any daily exclusives that made enough of a difference.

Third, I still watch where other players are. Especially, but not exclusively, the ones ahead of me. There used to be a competitive spirit, but it faded too. I got the feeling from other fellowships, that remained stable, they had a bunch of old timers, and only a few newbies, who were seduced by a fellowship ranking number.

Fourth, perhaps that is why it doesn’t bother me to have former members join higher ranked fellowship. At least I can see there are still players who are aggressive in the game.

Fifth, judging from Skyrider’s posting habits, it’s good to see beginners and mid-range players with the same attitude I used to have. I wonder if they research the previous posts for clues about the game in order to get ahead.

It would be quite a different game experience if they didn’t.

Jake65

Sage
are there many left
Still here ;)
8. As a new player I found the concept of FSs a bit confusing and intimidating so avoided joining one until a persistent neighbour convinced me to at least try. Which I did and am still there :)

Maybe it's just me, but I found there wasn't much detailed info on how an FS actually works which made me reluctant to join one.
e.g. Go on Fellowship Adventures together...... ummm, if we're all in different time zones does this mean I have to wake up at 3am to perform some task simultaneously as a group? No thanks, me like sleep.