• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Autumn Zodiac

valle

Soothsayer
I don't understand what they were thinking with such quest system. Finish a quest and the next one is the same. So many times a row scouting/15 vision vapors/research a tech...it's insane. How removed from the game those developers are to think that this situation is a good solution..
Very disappointing event. Events used to be fun. Now it's just boring and annoying.

You must understand that it's random, maybe not completely random as certain quests seem to have higher probabilities.
It's like throwing dices, sometimes you get '1' 5 times in a row.

Previous you knew all quests exactly, how fun was that? I get the feeling that many who always complains would prefer pressing a button and get the #1 prize without any effort. It is supposed to be a challange.

A tip, if you only go for time instants it will be very easy to get a level 10 bear.

DeletedUser7081

Anyway, there's a button that allows you to set people to ignore. It's very useful for just these kind of people.
I only now noticed that - thanks :) One learns new things every day.

Also, I am glad for anyone who find a way to get as many prizes as they can.

Hekata

Artisan
I've just had gain 11 relics 5 times in a row. And that was right after doing 35 encounters and before that I had 9 relics and before that 35 encounters and before that 9 relics twice. So my last 10 quests were just the same thing thing over and over gain. There is nothing random about this system, or of it's random then there are 3 quest with like 30% of chance of appearing and the rest has less than 1%. Worst event ever and by far and if the next one is like this I won't be doing it. I can't even believe I'm saying that because events were my favourite thing and now it's just a horrible experience. There has been a lot of talk about FOMO and I get that Inno is counting on it but there is a limit to that too, and mine is here.

Last edited:

DeletedUser6357

In this event, I feel like in a pub where I sat at the opening and will sit until closing:
“Bartender, one more of the same."

Bartender-pouring-shots-at-the-bar-1200x852.jpg

DeletedUser8409

@yo momma love me this time the prizes are limited to 6, that is 2 of each bear, the devs released that too many mermaid's were built by "players who did not spend money"

Or should I say the shareholders - https://www.mtg.com/
Is that 100% confirmed that diamond players can't win 7 or more?

A moderator said for Mermaids if a player completed the sequence of 6 then if a tickets was filed after the event they gave the extra prizes won. I never came close to that lol.

Can a moderator confirm what the situation is this time please? Or has it already been confirmed?

DeletedUser9422

I cannot see how the quests are truly random! This is the worst event ever , I’ve had gain 7 relics three times in a row and now I’m on produce toolbox three times the consecutive second time round, it’s ridiculously costly and repetitive, especially seen as I’ve run out of boosters! I wouldn’t mind but it’s not like I’m getting produce beverages x amount of times over and over it’s the harder quests that are consecutively repeating! The bears are cute but I’m running out of enthusiasm for this.

FieryArien

Necromancer
Did anyone run the numbers to find out approximately how many keys do we need to get 9 relics?

Or better how many keys on average are needed for one main prize (filling 20 stars)? Let’s suppose optimal choice of chests for filling stars, not for getting daily prizes.

Thanks! I know there are still some math wizards around who run simulations and count probabilities. Please share.

valle

Soothsayer
I cannot see how the quests are truly random! This is the worst event ever , I’ve had gain 7 relics three times in a row and now I’m on produce toolbox three times the consecutive second time round, it’s ridiculously costly and repetitive, especially seen as I’ve run out of boosters! I wouldn’t mind but it’s not like I’m getting produce beverages x amount of times over and over it’s the harder quests that are consecutively repeating! The bears are cute but I’m running out of enthusiasm for this.

Personally I would love to get the gain X relics, as it's one of the easier quests with the tournament going on.
But the point of random results is that they are random. And with 1000s of players there are a few that will get the same sequence as you did by the laws of probabilities. So you just got unlucky.
Also, the people that got unlucky are those that complains on the forum. Here you see other complaining and suddenly you think that everybody got bad combinations.

DeletedUser8409

Thats because they are not truly random. In the Q&A video they clearly state that it is intentional that the harder/longer quests will come up more than the others.
That's still random. It's random but weighted.

Imagine rolling a pair of dice and if you get a 7 it's Scout and if you get a 12 it's beverages.

Hekata

Artisan
Personally I would love to get the gain X relics, as it's one of the easier quests with the tournament going on.
But the point of random results is that they are random. And with 1000s of players there are a few that will get the same sequence as you did by the laws of probabilities. So you just got unlucky.
Also, the people that got unlucky are those that complains on the forum. Here you see other complaining and suddenly you think that everybody got bad combinations.

Yes, gaining relics is easy but it depends on how many you get and how many solve encounters you had (wrote my case a few post above). I can get all the relics I want but the price of them is too high. I have no more troops and my goods are down by 70% since the event started. So "easy" doesn't make them good.
And people are complaining outside of the forum too. Some just don't come here to do it. I just had a fellow tell me he had gain 9 relics 5 times in a row at the same time I had my gain 11 relics 5 times in a row, and that he won't be doing the next one if it's like this. And another one has stopped playing the event and she was the most enthusiastic of us all at the beginning.

Last edited:

DeletedUser8409

Did anyone run the numbers to find out approximately how many keys do we need to get 9 relics?

Or better how many keys on average are needed for one main prize (filling 20 stars)? Let’s suppose optimal choice of chests for filling stars, not for getting daily prizes.

Thanks! I know there are still some math wizards around who run simulations and count probabilities. Please share.
I assume you mean Artifacts? Approximately 7500

You need 20 + 8*40 stardust.

It depends too upon which chests you choose and luck in winning more keys.

DeletedUser8409

Yes, gaining relics is easy but t depends on how many you get and how many solve encounters you had (wrote my case a few post above). I can get all the relics I want but the price of them is too high. I have no more troops and my goods are down by 70% since the event started. So "easy" doesn't make them good.
And people are complaining outside of the forum too. Some just don't come here to do it. I just had a fellow tell me he had gain 9 relics 5 times in a row at the same time I had my gain 11 relics 5 times in a row, and that he won't be doing the next one if it's like this. And another one has stopped playing the event and she was the most enthusiastic of us all at the beginning.
Don't use encounters to gain relics!!

5 days out of 7 you can use Tournament to gain them.

FieryArien

Necromancer
I assume you mean Artifacts? Approximately 7500

You need 20 + 8*40 stardust.

It depends too upon which chests you choose and luck in winning more keys.
Thanks. Yes, I meant artifacts.

That’s still a long way to go then. And I’ll be slowed down now without tournament. Can’t afford to solve world map encounters and/or scout too much. :cool:

Hekata

Artisan
Don't use encounters to gain relics!!

5 days out of 7 you can use Tournament to gain them.

Ofc I didn't use encounters, I got them from the tourney, but It's too expensive for me now. I had so many tournament encounter to solve or relics to gain by now that almost all my provinces are in rounds 5 or 6. I am not a big tourney player, that is too much for me. No troops left, and the cost to get 1 tourney province is 60k+ of goods! I can't keep up with that.

DeletedUser3097

they reduced keys because of magic workshops

This is not correct. If you read the announcement, it clearly states that the keys were capped because the probability of receiving the harder Quests was reduced. The Magic Workshops' changes were announced at the same time, but did not affect the keys. They were also implemented at different times.

this time the prizes are limited to 6, that is 2 of each bear, the devs released that too many mermaid's were built by "players who did not spend money"

Please link me to where this was announced.

Timneh

Artisan

There are several members of my fellowship that have said they have been getting repeating quests and some others that have quit the event because of them.

That's still random. It's random but weighted.

Opinions vary but i think that if it is weighted it is not TRUELY random and not truely random is what was said.

FieryArien

Necromancer
So ... I hit the highest group of “random” quests in my Felyndral city. This is what I got so far in this section:

- Spend 20 KP
- Solve 45 Tournament Encounters or 9 Encounters
- Scout a province or research a technology or gain 15 Vision Vapor

No, it’s not random. Yes, we are on purpose being blocked by certain quests once we are considered as progressing too fast.