• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Autumn Zodiac

m4rt1n

Adept
Getting "solve 5 encounters or 25 tournament encounters" four times in a row is not random.

I got it 5 times in a row, then on the final one I finished with 15 vv as I had a scout due to finish a couple of hours later, guess what came, produce 4 T1 9 hour from your leveled factories, so another 84 hour scout wasted.

Now I keep getting 35tourney/7province encounters in a row.

EDIT_Please someone tell me the meaning of FOMO I'm not the best with acronyms. :)

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Please someone tell me the meaning of FOMO I'm not the best with acronyms. :)

Basically, Inno think that they can sell more diamonds with endless quests and must have prizes. For anyone who takes tourneys seriously, the brown bear is a must have prize. I would contend that almost universal dislike, frustration and annoyance of their player base may well sell more diamonds this event, but it will hit their bottom line in the long run. They can sit in Inno HQ and admire their lovely metrics on diamond sales this event compared with others, but I suggest if they compare diamond sales a year from now with sales before this new system the metrics will be less lovely - due to a smaller, less active player base. This is short-termism, its sales doping that will cost them in the long run. No business has a long term future when they upset their customers.

Last edited:

m4rt1n

Adept
What upsets me most is they gave up on the effort of the story of events. I loved following the well thought out story in the past, and always took time to involve myself in the next quest, building on the story.
Now the story is gone and with it all imagination.
All I see now is INNO+$$$$ and +$$$$$, very little thought. The random is an easy way out just to try and make a quick extra for the investment company https://www.mtg.com/press-releases/mtg-increases-ownership-in-online-games-developer-innogames/
The parent company share holders has recently demanded a big increase in revenue, so staff have been cut and shareholders are rubbing their hands at extra income now.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
The parent company share holders has recently demanded a big increase in revenue, so staff have been cut and shareholders are rubbing their hands at extra income now.

Curious where you got this info from, I would like to read it :)

Born is Sweden - gotta love typos on a press release announcing 82 mill euros of spending. And I love the portraits of the executives with no name, job title or link to further info.

m4rt1n

Adept
Curious where you got this info from, I would like to read it :)

Born is Sweden - gotta love typos on a press release announcing 82 mill euros of spending. And I love the portraits of the executives with no name, job title or link to further info.

Inno is owned by this company and has to answer to shareholders wanting returns on their investments - https://www.mtg.com/

DeletedUser4149

Bold statement? I'd call it common knowledge, but if you're able to provide an example of a free browser game or app that manages to support itself entirely by ads and matches Inno's revenue, I'd be curious to hear about it. Besides, with all the ever more advanced ad-blockers most people use, I can't see it as a reliable source of income.
you make a lot of assumptions. w/ your vast knowledge of the corporate world, you should know that we can't name another company's game on this website.
I know many of free players who are able to reach the top ranks of the tourney and complete events without spending a dime.
on occasion, yeah, but not regularly. those free players would do even better if they had 2 fire phoenixes or 3 or more bears and that's not an assumption. by the way, this event can't be completed. the quests are endless and the potential for grand prizes is unlimited. this event is totally different than previous ones and even the mermaid event so your point that people can complete events no longer applies to the current issue.

the point that you're missing is not whether or not this game could function totally without premium features. it's that the changes that were made in this event, both before and after they reduced keys because of magic workshops, are making it less fair than the game previously was. people are also complaining about the scout or gain 15 vapor quest very often but premium players can produce crafting spells easily and cycle their recipes easily w/ diamonds. also i know a few players that did spend a lot of $ and they are tired of spending money to remain competitive. you complained about that a lot yourself, a lot in fact.

a year ago, they were going in the other direction and made it easier for everyone to win all of the grand prizes. now they are going in the opposite direction and premium players can win several and that will make it impossible for everyone else to compete w/ them. many of us are unhappy w/ this new trend. by the way, getting lucky and doing well in 1 or 2 tournaments doesn't mean that every tournament is fair.

m4rt1n

Adept
you make a lot of assumptions. w/ your vast knowledge of the corporate world, you should know that we can't name another company's game on this website.

on occasion, yeah, but not regularly. those free players would do even better if they had 2 fire phoenixes or 3 or more bears and that's not an assumption. by the way, this event can't be completed. the quests are endless and the potential for grand prizes is unlimited. this event is totally different than previous ones and even the mermaid event so your point that people can complete events no longer applies to the current issue.

the point that you're missing is not whether or not this game could function totally without premium features. it's that the changes that were made in this event, both before and after they reduced keys because of magic workshops, are making it less fair than the game previously was. people are also complaining about the scout or gain 15 vapor quest very often but premium players can produce crafting spells easily and cycle their recipes easily w/ diamonds. also i know a few players that did spend a lot of $ and they are tired of spending money to remain competitive. you complained about that a lot yourself, a lot in fact.

a year ago, they were going in the other direction and made it easier for everyone to win all of the grand prizes. now they are going in the opposite direction and premium players can win several and that will make it impossible for everyone else to compete w/ them. many of us are unhappy w/ this new trend. by the way, getting lucky and doing well in 1 or 2 tournaments doesn't mean that every tournament is fair.

Ok, I don't spend a dime and am over a 5k score this week and did 6k last week in the tournament, and next week plan again to top 10k in the tournament, it just takes planning and regular play, and using your AW's . :)

DeletedUser4149

m4rt1nso they will win 6 bears. how many are you expecting to win?
however many points you get, it won't mean that players w/ several grand prizes don't have a huge advantage over those that didn't buy artifacts or keys w/ $. there are 1000s of players here. what happens to your city is not an example of how the whole world works. also, some have 3 times as many ranking points from tournaments than you and will probably win about 3 times as many this week. good luck competing w/ the player that has 2 fire phoenixes and will soon probably have 6 bears. i wish you luck but my money is on him to win even more ranking points than you by the year's end.

DeletedUser8158

Well after receiving the scout/research /vision vapour quest again I've decided to give up on this event and go back to what I installed this game for a city building game not a game with endless Quests and events. I enjoyed having the occasional event i.e. spring, summer, autumn and winter but we've had too many lately for my liking.

DeletedUser8255

I have given up with this event and will just trudge along collecting keys from the outskirts of the city.
I have had a series of Scout (60 hours) and win seven encounters quests. The last single encounter required 10,000 marble, 8,000 crystal and 6,000 dust as well as 100 Orcs - multiply that by seven! I can no longer afford to play this Event.
I hope future events enable me to win bear artifacts - otherwise all that I have spent on this event to date is wasted. I have not found a single daily prize that I have wanted to use. What a waste.

DeletedUser3671

What upsets me most is they gave up on the effort of the story of events. I loved following the well thought out story in the past, and always took time to involve myself in the next quest, building on the story.
Now the story is gone and with it all imagination.
All I see now is INNO+$$$$ and +$$$$$, very little thought. The random is an easy way out just to try and make a quick extra for the investment company https://www.mtg.com/press-releases/mtg-increases-ownership-in-online-games-developer-innogames/
This time it's also 2,5 year old so called news ;-)

DeletedUser7081

they reduced keys because of magic workshops,

I am sorry but you are wrong - first of all the MW were a disadvantage - they fixed it to make it even as MW requires more population and it is paid with DIAMONDS!!!!!!
Also if you check the original post you will see that that news about the cap appears in a different paragraph - every new paragraph introduces a new idea. Also along the news about reducing the Toolbox quests.

But let's think logically, it is not like players that have MW have quests that give more than 80 keys. And people willing to spend money ALWAYS had an advantage in Elvenar, so your whole point in not valid. And they should, as they pay for the development.

And just to make things clear, there have been players who were doing 80 + keys on the second day. This is why they reduced the number - not MWs. At cap that high some players would have got enough keys to lvl all three bears! And then get some more. I have already seen lvl 4,5 bears and it has been less than 6 days! And some from players I know did not pay a single dime to get there - they were just lucky. With the higher cap, they would have been at level 10 now! Inno want to make money and stop another Mermaid event.

Stop throwing blame and spreading hate where it is not deserved.

Last edited by a moderator:

Killiak

Artisan
Stop throwing blame and spreading hate where it is not deserved.

Indeed, well said.
Anyway, there's a button that allows you to set people to ignore. It's very useful for just these kind of people.

And just to make things clear, there have been players who were doing 80 + keys on the second day. This is why they reduced the number - not MWs. At cap that high some players would have got enough keys to lvl all three bears! And then get some more. I have already seen lvl 4,5 bears and it has been less than 6 days! And some from players I know did not pay a single dime to get there - they were just lucky. With the higher cap, they would have been at level 10 now! Inno want to make money and stop another Mermaid event.

One of my fellows already has a level 10 brown bear. He pushed himself hard, using time instants and well-farm diamonds. All in-game acquired, not a dime spent.
You are completely right when you state that Inno changed the keys per quest for just this reason; they want to control the prizes gained. They are simply going about it the wrong way :)

DeletedUser6357

After hundreds of thousands of years of evolution, Innogames marketing evolves to an unimaginable fantasy!

Task:
Kirit and Krarak combined their powers again, to form an entrance to their divine world. Solve 25 Tournament Encounters or Solve 5 Encounters.
Next task:
The Autumn gods are older than Unur itself, people say. Solve 25 Tournament Encounters or Solve 5 Encounters.
Next task:
Kirit and Krarak combined their powers again, to form an entrance to their divine world. Solve 25 Tournament Encounters or Solve 5 Encounters.
Next task:
The Autumn gods are older than Unur itself, people say. Solve 25 Tournament Encounters or Solve 5 Encounters.

Notice the extraordinary variety and complete randomness of the tasks!
Any fantasy novelist can envy this imagination and diversity.

DeletedUser8409

well, you were wrong about the number of phoenixes it was possible to get and seriously underestimated the advantages diamonds have over players that don't spend lots of money.
you are also wrong that a game can't function without people who buy diamonds. many websites function just from selling ads.
i expect a game that's advertised as free to play to not be grossly unfair to those who play for free.
No I wasn't wrong you missed the point!

Premium players could buy multiple phoenixes but free to play players couldn't. In this event with some graft free to play players can win multiple bears.

The game is not "grossly unfair" it is extremely fair. This is the fairest free to play game over ever played.

Deleted User - 495278

Well after sitting out several recent events, I thought I would give this one a go. OMG a few days in and three province scouts required in just one day ( five quests ) for not even enough keys as reward for one star each! Having just finished a chapter I even had space for a change, only to find most production quests relied on existing level factories, but even then take 2+ 9hour cycles to reach the required amount set in quest.
If the developers are so focused on the highest level player that they set the bar so high, and it seems from reading the above comments that this is still not stopping them going through the event quickly ( probably because sods law give them the easy route, anyway ) While the rest of us casual players get sand kicked in our face, then sorry, Elvenar , I play games for fun, not to be the butt of any developers joke !

Deleted User - 199306

I don't understand what they were thinking with such quest system. Finish a quest and the next one is the same. So many times a row scouting/15 vision vapors/research a tech...it's insane. How removed from the game those developers are to think that this situation is a good solution..
Very disappointing event. Events used to be fun. Now it's just boring and annoying.

DeletedUser1874

Except that they're not assumptions, but simple facts. Go listen to one of the interviews to one of the many CEOs of such companies, they'll tell you this themselves.

I don't see how my point about previous events doesn't apply to this one. I bet a lot of players will be able to "complete it" (i.e. get one bear to level 10) without spending a dime - I'm already halfway-through the required amount of currency to fully upgrade one bear in one of my WW farms, and I haven't spent a dime on it. Not to mention that it's very likely (and this'll be my only actual assumption) that Inno will offer bear upgrades in future events just like they did with the other upgradable buildings. Of course this doesn't mean I endorse this aggressive monetization model, as you yourself noticed and pointed out.
Speaking about assumptions, you're drawing a huge one by saying that they reduced keys because of magic workshops. And insofar as the feedback everyone can read on the threads, that's a wrong assumption, because both premium and free players lamented the number of WS quests. It's perhaps the third time I point this out, but you're clearly hell-bent on ignoring facts that don't fit your convictions.
For the record, I'd be vastly in favour of going back to how events were a year ago. I've stated that multiple times. Oh, and another nice (and demeaning) assumption in crediting "luck" to free players doing well in tournaments. Perhaps some players are just better at planning and fighting. Perhaps they make a wise use of the craftable, available-to-everyone damage and health-boosting expiring buildings.