• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Autumn Zodiac

DeletedUser8409

the people that complained about having magic workshops that didn't reward them as much as they wanted asked for these changes.
balance had to come from somewhere.
For the very last time the change to Magic Workshops has just made us the same as players with regular workshops. It's not a swing to assist us.

I had 7 regular workshops until recently. I exchanged that for 1 regular and 3 Magic. Today's update means I have 1 + 3x2 = 7. No difference between Magic and regular now it's fixed.

DeletedUser8409

I'm "lucky" in that my scouts are taking less than 24hrs, but I'm sure that those who are in endgame and whose scouts are taking 5 days or more are really pleased to know that there could potentially be more scouting quests... I wonder how many people are really sitting on hundreds of hours of time instants? 5 days = 120 hours!
120 hours of crafting would get you a lot more than 15 VV.

Piglets For All

Soothsayer
There was a time when events were enjoyable, ok so we knew what was coming and some people got through faster than others, but to have this never ending cycle of random quests when they're so random that we might have 4 of one quest within one section and none of another doesn't make sense to me. Do I want 4 scouting quests or would I rather have a few bread or simple tool quests? Obviously I want the shorter quests, but the ability to get rewards is based on the randomness of the quests - if we got all quests within each section but the order was random then it would be a level playing field which some people would seek to move along faster.

With a very small city near the end of chapter 3 the time to scout is wonderful, except that due to too many scouting quests I hardly have enough gold to keep my productions going, I can't clear enough encounters on the world map for the endless clearing or relics as my goods supply is just about sufficient to keep my city ticking over, I can't make CC as I don't have the relics, I can't get VV as I have no CC. I have just 6 provinces open for the tournament which is 24 encounters so its immediately 2 days to get the 25 needed and so it goes on.

There is no game progression sweet spot which makes this a good event, I'm very doubtful that my poor little brown cub will fully grow up in my smallest city - this event is making us choose between city progression and event progression and by the time this one is over something else will be just round the corner.

Making a change to an event running in Beta while they tweak it is one thing but to make that change in the live servers has completely changed what people thought they would be doing, they've spent time and effort in making sure that they can get the best out of it to be slapped in the face with such a game changer. Inno needs to value its player base and not try to get the most amount of money out of them, yes its a business, yes its also free to play but alienate enough people and those who spend money won't want to and then there's no business or free game for those who don't want to pay.

Errandil

Conjurer
Ok, I've gotten 5 scouting quests in the last three hours. Spaced with one or two quests at best. This is beyond ridiculous, I can't even... Could we please get the 30% increase in the workshops quests and the rewards back to 188 keys? Oh, wait, it would actually be beneficial for players.

It was obvious from the start of the event on beta that Inno are trying to limit the players ability to get too many prizes (the problem they've created themselves btw), but making the event even worse when it's already on live... I'm impressed. Seriously. It's terribly designed, it punishes players for making the efficient cities, it requires up to two weeks of preparation with no in-game announcement. Still players on beta apparently managed to do better than Inno expected. So here we are - 80 keys per quests and obviously scewed RNG that throws the stopper quests one after another long before I'm even near getting the one bear. And the funny thing is that I am sure that if we still manage to somehow get too many prizes they'll come up with a way to make the next event even worse.

Timneh

Artisan
As i see it they want to stop players gaining too many prizes. The easiest way to stop that happening is limit the number that can be won as has been said already. Some players complained that they were finishing events too fast so endless quest lines have been introduced. How many of the players that complained used spoilers ? If they used spoilers and prepared everything in advance of course they were going to finish quickly, simple answer is if you don't want to finish quickly don't look at spoilers. Inno could actually do something to stop the spoilers up to a point by making different quests for the beta and live events.
When you think back to the simplicity of events when they were first introduced there were no problems like we are seeing now and those problems are all Innos making.

DeletedUser4149

For the very last time the change to Magic Workshops has just made us the same as players with regular workshops. It's not a swing to assist us.

I had 7 regular workshops until recently. I exchanged that for 1 regular and 3 Magic. Today's update means I have 1 + 3x2 = 7. No difference between Magic and regular now it's fixed.
but you are not the only player here. there are top players w/ 10 magic workshops and i haven't seen any w/ 20 regular ones at a level required to complete events.
anyways, my point is that clearly the reduction in keys awarded was due to people complaining that people who spent diamonds on magic shops weren't rewarded more for buildings that already helped their cities for many previous months and the reduction in the number of workshop quests. i believe that the reduction in the number of workshops quests was also due to the complaints about magic homes or was done as a way to balance out the new advantage they just gave to the people who bought OR earned them through wishing wells. still no compensation was given to those who use mermaids instead of T1s or wonders instead of magic shops or those who spent diamonds on expansions or magic homes. notice that no adjustment was made to the quests that require T1s of a high level, just workshops since workshop quests had to be adjusted for the players that can now have their productions count as double those from regular shops.

DeletedUser1874

anyways, my point is that clearly the reduction in keys awarded was due to people complaining that people who spent diamonds on magic shops weren't rewarded more for buildings that already helped their cities for many previous months and the reduction in the number of workshop quests.
Clearly to you perhaps, seeing as how the complaints about the excessive number of WSs quests came separately or at the same time as those about the Magic WSs, and were made by players who have and have not Magic WSs alike. But you're on a crusade against those who got Magic WSs for whatever reason and ignore even facts as hard as the simple math randblade posted.

DeletedUser4149

You make it sound like the balance changes are due to those who righteously complained about Magic WSs putting them at a disadvantage, but it's very clear that it has nothing to do with it
yeah, they reduced keys awarded and increased productions counted toward quests at the same time and they had nothing to do w/ each other.
yeah, the check is in the mail and
a dog ate my homework.

DeletedUser1874

yeah, they reduced keys awarded and increased productions counted toward quests at the same time and they had nothing to do w/ each other.
yeah, the check is in the mail and
a dog ate my homework.
The math randblade posted is a hard fact, you decide to ignore it.
The fact that people with both Magic WSs and not complained about the excessive number of WS quests is also a fact, feel free to go check for yourself.
And if you're able to explain why those who bought magic residences and/or expansions were put at a disadvantage in any way instead of resorting to deflection to defend your irrational crusade, well, that'd be something worth seeing.

DeletedUser4149

Personally I found 188 to be awfully generous and I'm not surprised it hasn't lasted. I suspect its dropping has very little to do with these changes and they're just convenient to announce at the same time.
these changes happened on the exact same day as a way to balance the change to magic workshops.
the privilege that people who bought magic shops felt entitled to directly caused the reduction in keys awarded at every other players' expense.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8409

these changes happened on the exact same day as a way to balance the change to magic workshops.
the privilege that people who bought magic shops felt entitled to directly caused the reduction in keys awarded at every other players' expense.
No they didn't actually. The 80 cap has already happened as has the reduction in WS frequency. That's what happened on the same day.

The Magic WS fix will happen in a few days time.

DeletedUser7081

show me how randblade's math that is such a hard fact, as you've mentioned, doesn't also punish those who use mermaids or wonders for supplies?
You don't use diamonds to get any of those, so your point is mute. If you ever paid money (as some of us have ) to buy diamonds and you knew about this, would you use it to buy an MW? Maybe. Would you replace all your WS with MWs? Highly unlikely. I'd rather get more MRs then.

The problem here stems from the fact some people did manage to level the bears in spite of all, so they decided to change the game by making it look as if they are helping us - but in fact quite the opposite. It has nothing to do with players complaining about MWs (which clearly is a disadvantage for this type of a system) but rather about making us spend more money on keys.

DeletedUser5238

Ok, I've gotten 5 scouting quests in the last three hours. Spaced with one or two quests at best. This is beyond ridiculous, I can't even... Could we please get the 30% increase in the workshops quests and the rewards back to 188 keys? Oh, wait, it would actually be beneficial for players.

It was obvious from the start of the event on beta that Inno are trying to limit the players ability to get too many prizes (the problem they've created themselves btw), but making the event even worse when it's already on live... I'm impressed. Seriously. It's terribly designed, it punishes players for making the efficient cities, it requires up to two weeks of preparation with no in-game announcement. Still players on beta apparently managed to do better than Inno expected. So here we are - 80 keys per quests and obviously scewed RNG that throws the stopper quests one after another long before I'm even near getting the one bear. And the funny thing is that I am sure that if we still manage to somehow get too many prizes they'll come up with a way to make the next event even worse.

Totally agree with you : i'm 7 quests far in the 30-59 section, so far my quests were :
- Scout or Research or 15 Vision Vapor,
- Recruit a stack of Units,
- Scout or Research or 15 Vision Vapor
- recruit a stack of units,
- Scout or Research or 15 Vision Vapor

I'm at the end of the game, so research is not an option, scouting takes over 94 hours, and often the 5 crafting options don't even add up to 15 vision vapors, so you'"ll have to take the best ones and hope that the next reroll of recipes is better.
I can live with some randomness in the quests and occasionally do a quest over, but this looks more like that scout quest is intentionally appearing. to slow things down. I've been gaming long enough to know that bad RNG can happen, but you have to stay serious!
If my math is correct, there is a 1 /2.118.408 chance that out of a batch of 18 quests in 7 drawings, you get 5 times the same quest. We should buy a lottery ticket.

DeletedUser5093

Inno could actually do something to stop the spoilers up to a point by making different quests for the beta and live events.
This would actually be the simplest and most effective solution. You could even have the same quests, just randomise the order. Spoilers would be impossible, since everyone would have a unique order to their quests. You could in theory also go back to the limited quest list instead of the endless quest list, which would cap the amount of prizes that could be obtained and solve that issue as well.

Regarding the new event changes, I think it's a definite improvement to have magic workshop productions count as 2, not 1. It's disappointing however that we haven't seen some balancing adjustments to the manufactories as well. I think the level requirement for these is too high, especially for higher chapter players, who need huge amounts of population and space to support even a handful of manufactories, not to mention the time needed to build them if they don't have enough/any. And with the probability of workshop quests decreasing, that will naturally increase the probability of manufactory quests, which will make them even more problematic.

I am also concerned that when I hit the Amuni chapter I will need level 24 manufactories. All mine are level 23, and if I take them higher I will lose the 1/2 day productions, which I can't afford to do since I can only log in once per day. This would mean instead of putting on 1 day productions once a day, I'd have to put on 9 hour productions once per day, so I'd get much less goods. My choices are either to not upgrade/nerf my manufactories and therefore miss out on events, or to accept the massive loss of goods and temporarily upgrade them for events, then delete them and rebuild them to level 23 once the event is over, only to repeat when the next event comes along. Either choice is absurd.

Suggestion
I think one good solution would be to give all production quests (manufactory or workshop) an alternative to produce an equivalent amount of goods, so we'd see things like "produce 3 wooden figurines with a current/previous chapter manufactory, OR produce X amount of planks". Here the planks requirement would be high enough that it would take at least the same amount of time as the first option if the player had a sufficient amount of current chapter planks manufactories running at high output. For someone with lower level manufactories, or less of them, or who partially or completely relies on other sources like event buildings or wonders, they would still be able to complete the quest, it would just take a bit longer. Much better than being impossible, or requiring unreasonably massive city changes though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Errandil

Conjurer
I can live with some randomness in the quests and occasionally do a quest over, but this looks more like that scout quest is intentionally appearing. to slow things down. I've been gaming long enough to know that bad RNG can happen, but you have to stay serious!
If my math is correct, there is a 1 /2.118.408 chance that out of a batch of 18 quests in 7 drawings, you get 5 times the same quest. We should buy a lottery ticket.

There's an interesting post at beta with probabilities. It appears that the scouting quest has a 10% chance on live servers, which aligns well with what I'm seeing. You still have to be very "lucky" to get your set of quests, but instead of lottery tickets I'd rather buy some pitchforks.

Deleted User - 1759805

I think one good solution would be to give all production quests (manufactory or workshop) an alternative to produce an equivalent amount of goods, so we'd see things like "produce 3 wooden figurines with a current/previous chapter manufactory, OR produce X amount of planks". Here the planks requirement would be high enough that it would take at least the same amount of time as the first option if the player had a sufficient amount of current chapter planks manufactories running at high output.
"Produce X amount" would still be quite a bit easier than the current setup. Say I have 5 leveled WS, and I prebuild 5 toolboxes there. Today, if I get any other WS quest (not toolbox), I am screwed to an extent. I'll need to dump at least one toolbox, and likely more if I don't want to resort to time boosters. The worst would be getting "Build 5x 9hr" - I may want to waste 5x toolboxes, and still be stuck for 9 hours.

With "Produce X amount", most WS quests would be fulfilled by collecting 1-2 toolboxes, not wasting much - or even with other production buildings like ToS, EE, PT. Requirements on X have to be quite a bit higher to make it a comparable alternative. Are you sure you want to pitch that to Inno? ;)