• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

m4rt1n

Adept
My biggest issue and slow down with our fellowship is the amount of spells required. Far too many for guys who cannot get them all from the tourney and neighbourly help.
Also we can make some, but then you need 100 of your boost in a lot of cases and that is tied up in a 1 or 2 day production, and none in the trader, and boost cannot be bought in wholesaler.

I am putting this here because it seems the most reliable place to put back feedback that will actually be considered.

DeletedUser1829

The instants are for donating to Wonders, and if they're going to be in denominations larger than 5 or 10 then this will cause problems, I can't think any FS is going to have chains for 20, 30, 40 etc just for tournaments as someone will end up losing out that week. In which case, its going to be a case of people just putting them in their own AW.

Lots of different KP instants, as posted above and like the ones we have already seen. Choices are likely use multiple chains, self donate the odd amounts or use a different method.

I think its being done to stop people putting those kp into the tree, after all we know that Inno are desperate to slow people down as Inno thinks they're progressing too fast.

The large increase in KP is pretty sweet and likely to compensate for the restrictive nature It is also possible it won't slow people down much at all as it will increase the number of AW levels something that will help people and is greatly needed for halflings and onwards. I have wondered if this is to partly avoid complaints down the road when the bulk of players start to get closer to haflings so they don't get there with minimal AW levels.

Killiak

Artisan
It will slow people down BEFORE Halflings, which in fact is the larger portion of the tech tree at this point in time.

And it still takes away my choices, even if the amount of KP is increased. I can no longer choose to spread the KP around my fellowship a bit and/or put the rest of the KP into my tech tree.

DeletedUser1829

It will slow people down BEFORE Halflings, which in fact is the larger portion of the tech tree at this point in time.

Whether it slows them down or not will be hard to assess, at least for us player. With higher level wonders it will ease play for those players which can speed things up. How they strategise and apply those kp is purely up to them to see what benefit it brings. Only inno will have the stats of how long a person is in a certain chapter for.

Smaller fellowships only hitting the first 3 chests also get more KP, there are KP rewards in each chest now. I haven't compared every chest level to see if this is true for all chests.

And it still takes away my choices, even if the amount of KP is increased. I can no longer choose to spread the KP around my fellowship a bit and/or put the rest of the KP into my tech tree.

You still choose what to do with your KP, yes the instants are restricted but it frees up choices with your other KP so again the balance will vary by person. You can still give KP to your fellowship, that hasn't changed and has increased. The amounts might be fixed but you still decide which if any you use for fellows, neighbours or yourself.

Killiak

Artisan
Whether it slows them down or not will be hard to assess, at least for us player. With higher level wonders it will ease play for those players which can speed things up. How they strategise and apply those kp is purely up to them to see what benefit it brings. Only inno will have the stats of how long a person is in a certain chapter for.

Smaller fellowships only hitting the first 3 chests also get more KP, there are KP rewards in each chest now. I haven't compared every chest level to see if this is true for all chests.

You still choose what to do with your KP, yes the instants are restricted but it frees up choices with your other KP so again the balance will vary by person. You can still give KP to your fellowship, that hasn't changed and has increased. The amounts might be fixed but you still decide which if any you use for fellows, neighbours or yourself.

Except I can't use them for my tech tree, I can't spend 1 KP on 10 people and I can't use 13 on myself. And no, it does not free up any choices. My other KP still has the same number of choices it had before, but my Tournament rewards now get restricted on choice.

In my eyes, it's just another restriction to slow people down. That's not hard to assess at all, it's just pure and simple logic. Less KP to spend on the tree = slower tech tree.

Sorry to say, you lack arguments that will convince me.

Jackluyt

Shaman
Sneak-peak of the new Phoenix Cult Easter Event

A new Easter Event is upon us – started in Beta World 12 March 2018, and running for 25 days.
We expect it in the Live Worlds most likely on Monday 19th.
Here is a peek at the structure of the Event, and an introduction to our Event Notes with strategy tips and Quest list.

You are welcome to share this with friends and fellowship who do not play on Beta!
:)
If you would like to see similar videos from EPL in future, give it a Like and Subscribe on YouTube!

Here is the link to our EPL Phoenix Cult Note: http://bit.ly/2FtsIGZ

Lady Monica

Spellcaster
Hi

Getting conflicting thoughts in regards to Knowledge points in the tournament. My question is has (normal KP'S) now changed to AW KP's for the whole tournie or the last chest has KP's for AW's?

Killiak

Artisan
The KP you get as a reward from fighting in tournament provinces is still normal KP.

Any chest reward KP will become AW instants

DeletedUser3781

I think the individual KPs you earn on tournament stay the same, but the big group reward you get at the end changes to KP instants.

DeletedUser

How will the Change to instant KP rewards Help new players ? They have no wonder to use them in not able to put into other plays wonder ??? so why take part in events or Tournaments Part of my role as a Mage is to help and support new playes that join our newbie FS. So how do I get them to take part and learn how to be part of the team that is out FS ?? You got this one WRONG immo. You just made my work 10 times harder.

Killiak

Artisan
They save them up untill they are done with chapter 1, build their wonder, and then use the instants they saved up.

Basically, your approach to the newbies has to change a bit.

DeletedUser

I see your point. Just one problem new players want to recive the rewards the get, not save them to some time in the future. I can change the approach but will it work ???

Killiak

Artisan
Unfortunately, you will not know untill you try.

Inno is going to push this change regardless, so I'm afraid we'll have to make the most of it

LazyTony

Sorcerer
This a nudge from Inno to encourage players in the right direction.

Wonders are a must to get through chapters from halflings onwards - you need divine seeds to research techs and the more wonder levels you have, the more seeds you get. The earlier you start building them, the better off you will be in those late chapters.

Plus, they really do make sense, after an upgrade or 2 they are a great use of space :)

Encourage your new players to start with a Golden Abyss.

DeletedUser5976

The KP rewards in the chests don't look like instants to me. They look like normal KP. Don't the instants look different?

Deleted User - 106219

The KP rewards in the chests don't look like instants to me. They look like normal KP. Don't the instants look different?
The change is not yet implemented on Live servers, only on Beta. So there's nothing for you to see.