• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.39

DeletedUser1412

I feel that I am being robbed of goods when visiting with the new system
Even allowing for the goods in the chests, it does not compensate for those we have lost when visiting neighbours
You are not only robbed of goods but you are losing the previous content of the chests (KP's, spells and relics) as well.

Deleted User - 384643

I've spend plenty of cash on diamonds, but I vow not spend a single dime more on this game until they fixed this ridiculous Crystal Lighthouse/Bell Spire nerf. Either with a rollback, or a lot more treasure chests for people who give a lot of NH, or the option to sell it and get all the KP back from it--I don't really care which, but they better do SOMETHING this time!

DeletedUser1412

I also used to buy diamonds but I am not going to spend another cent on a game that pulls the rug out under your feet.

DeletedUser219

/sarcasm/
This is appalling! How DARE Inno try to bring their game back to what it was designed for, an opportunity for players to build a dynamic, self-sufficient city through careful planning and intelligent design? How DARE they alter an aspect of the game that allowed some of us to gain thousands of Boosted Goods without investing Coins or Supplies, indeed giving us Coins and Supplies as well? It's unfair!
/end sarcasm/

Bluntly, if you NEED the Goods provided by Neighborly help, there is something wrong with the design of your city. If you NEED to buy Goods from the Wholesaler more than to get rid of excess Coins and Supplies, there is something wrong with the design of your city. If you can't be bothered helping simply because others need help, there is something wrong with your moral outlook. The feature we are filling 2 threads about is called 'Neighborly Help', NOT the 'Daily Gimme'.

I started playing this game 2.5 years ago because I liked the premise of the game. The game has changed a lot in that time, but the basic premise remains. I like getting free stuff as much as the next person, but I much prefer the feeling of success that I get when I can meet a challenge on my own efforts. I have no problem with Inno choosing to re-emphasise the design aspect of the game, even with all the vocal forum members whining about it being 'too hard'.

Fair is defined as "treating people equally without favouritism or discrimination", these changes do that. If you have spent your time here ignoring the basic premise of the game, recognise it as your own mistake, and rectify it.

Some of you will take this opportunity to indulge in personal attacks on me. Go right ahead, it will only reinforce my assessment of the value of your opinions.

DeletedUser2142

Seriously not happy with the changes to the rewards for NH given by the Crystal Lighthouse/Bell Spire. I am getting significantly less goods now. Just becomes yet another reason why quitting this game would be a good idea. The devs are too worried about fixing what isn't broken when they should be fixing the broken battle system. They probably sit around scratching their heads and wondering why so many people keep leaving the game.

DeletedUser1412

/sarcasm/
This is appalling! How DARE Inno try to bring their game back to what it was designed for, an opportunity for players to build a dynamic, self-sufficient city through careful planning and intelligent design? How DARE they alter an aspect of the game that allowed some of us to gain thousands of Boosted Goods without investing Coins or Supplies, indeed giving us Coins and Supplies as well? It's unfair!
/end sarcasm/

Bluntly, if you NEED the Goods provided by Neighborly help, there is something wrong with the design of your city. If you NEED to buy Goods from the Wholesaler more than to get rid of excess Coins and Supplies, there is something wrong with the design of your city. If you can't be bothered helping simply because others need help, there is something wrong with your moral outlook. The feature we are filling 2 threads about is called 'Neighborly Help', NOT the 'Daily Gimme'.

I started playing this game 2.5 years ago because I liked the premise of the game. The game has changed a lot in that time, but the basic premise remains. I like getting free stuff as much as the next person, but I much prefer the feeling of success that I get when I can meet a challenge on my own efforts. I have no problem with Inno choosing to re-emphasise the design aspect of the game, even with all the vocal forum members whining about it being 'too hard'.

Fair is defined as "treating people equally without favouritism or discrimination", these changes do that. If you have spent your time here ignoring the basic premise of the game, recognise it as your own mistake, and rectify it.

Some of you will take this opportunity to indulge in personal attacks on me. Go right ahead, it will only reinforce my assessment of the value of your opinions.
You know what surprises me Horanda: I can't find your city in any of the 3 Lands so you must be a Beta Player or you are a shill for Inno

DeletedUser219

Or you are not searching properly. My city is in Arendyll. If you misspell the name, you won't find it. I am also on Beta, but that is seperate (though it is the same name).

DeletedUser3656

I am NOT happy about the change to the Bell Tower and Crystal Lighthouse. However now I hardly have to visit any of the Provinces which was really tedious and boring. Just three visits mostly to the Fellowship and I am done.

Killiak

Artisan

I don't need to attack a person who has obviously forgotten that it was Inno themselves who redesigned the benefits of AW's not too long ago, prompting people to take another look at AW's and investing heavily in them. "Oh look, we redesigned the stuff and it is balanced now", and now changing their minds again; not the first time.

Inno keeps saying they want people to do NH for the sake of NH. Helping people, blablabla, and that this change will be good for that. How naive.
The only thing it will do is that people will NH their fellowship and nothing more. We aren't filantropists, this is a game about building a city and that takes resources.

And your 2,5 years of playing means nothing to anyone. We all play our own game, our own style. You want to define that as wrong? Take your arrogance elsewhere.

Your sarcasm is cute, but your argument is weak.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3781

Problem is people invested KP in that wonder. It's okay if Inno wants to change something, but they should give those KP back if they're changing rules midgame. Otherwise it doesn't feel safe to invest in any AW now. Maybe next week your Tome of Secrets only gives supplies when you're scouting marble province, or your Needles only work on Sundays, now no one can be sure.
And second problem is how they communicate this change. They say "you will get more goods" while obviously most people will get less. This is absurd.

Kimelve

Spellcaster
I just calculated my losses with this change.
I used to get 116,600 goods from visiting my neighbours and fellows, and now I get 15,156.
In addition, I used to visit while having the 'gather 4,000 gems'-type quests which netted me a further 900k coins and 72k supplies every day. Now I get... you guessed it, zero.
And that doesn't even touch on the number of KPs I've invested in that wonder, based on the expectation of getting these rewards from visits.
Why should I continue to invest in any other AWs, if the benefits could be removed at any moment, whilst Inno assure us 'you will get MORE rewards!!'. Utter rubbish

DeletedUser3970

Bug fixes include Fellowship Adventures??...do you mean that you have finally fixed it and will be trumpeting it out again...I'm sorry but the only constant that has no bugs and works suprisingly error free is the ability to spend real money..no crashes, screen freezes or bad and disappearing graphics in the tournament battles resulting in constant refreshes..no that part of the game is seamless!.

Timneh

Artisan
/sarcasm/
/end sarcasm/

There is no right or wrong way to play this game and we all play the way we want to play. Space in this game is very valuable and players built the bellspire/lighthouse (the bellspire is 24 squares) for the benefits it provides and to then have those benefits slashed by a massive amount is completely unfair, that space is now better used for something else. You may or may not remember or you may or may not have seen that a few months ago Timon on a live Q&A sat in front of a camera and advised players to build and upgrade all AWs to the maximum level they could as fast as they could because Inno were going to make them so great and give massive benefits and then they turn round and do this. This means they either lied or did not do their job properly by not researching what the boost to this AW would do in the long term. I am not going to look at your city to see if you have built any AWs because i don't care if you have or not but if you have i do not believe that you built them because they look nice, you built them for the benefits. The AWs take a lot of KPs to upgrade so do you not think that players are justified in complaining when something they have spent a lot of time (gaining the KPs) and resources building up is then made worse than it was before Inno made them so "great and worth having".
The other thing that is very annoying is the lack of any response from Inno despite several questions being asked and the forum CM claiming
It is my job, as community manager, to make sure that you all are heard and that your questions and/or concerns are answered

You have obviously read this thread Horanda, how many comments can you see that have been made from the Inno team ? Do you really think it is acceptable for them to introduce a change that affects so many people to such a large degree and then not reply to comments or answer the questions asked. A lot of players used the extra goods they got from the bellspire/lighthouse to trade or cater in the tournaments, trading is something that Inno want more of but this change is having the reverse effect.
You would appear to be a player that is happy with any change that is made to this game and if that is so then good for you but as far as i can tell you are most certainly in the minority. Maybe you are a shill for Inno, i neither know nor care. You have your opinions about this game and all the other players have theirs just like you have your opinions about the other players and they have theirs about you.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1096

Sadly this has to be the worst decision ever made by inno. It goes against every key principle of the game, help eachother, and strengthen fellowship members and neighbours (particularly the smaller players) via visits. Reading through the messages the disadvantages are huge. The BS/CL changes early in the game have now been rolled back, and players have invested lots in developing these AWs which are now with no benefit. Smaller players who rely on the visits to grow get nothing. The returns from the three chests are nothing but crap I just got my boosted goods which I certainly didn't need. Polishing has now been disincentivised. I have to agree with the comments from several about how these release notes are sold - these do not benefit members please stop selling them as if we are gaining from it when its blatantly not the case. Even better go back to how it was there was no need to change the rewards for NH. I'll be ceasing buying diamonds.

DeletedUser3542

Well would you believe it, i just ran the visits to all our FS ( 23 ) and some of my neighbours and not one chest:confused:..oh well maybe next time :rolleyes: edit update, another 20 visits done, still no chests are we supposed to look for a red X on the map and start digging now to find them ? :p

Ok it's another day and i have picked up 3 chests, 438 of crystals, steel,and Elixir plus one kp, one silk relic and one p-o-p spell.. not great but it seems it's working as they intended. Before i got the Great Bell Spire i used to visit everyone in my FS and everyone i discovered and i'll continue visiting them all, like i said in another post, it's not their fault the changes came about so bake a cake, put the kettle on i'll be over soon as i can.