• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived [12003] Game does not load properly. Very slow.

DeletedUser417

Every Edge user has IE. Edge came with Windows 10, a Microsoft product. In the browser menu is an option "Open in Internet Explorer" but if you're not using Windows 10, you would have to download IE from the Microsoft page. If anyone wants the link, here it is: Internet Explorer

2016-10-21 15.25001232.jpg

Deleted User - 106219

I noticed a thread on the US server about the game being slow: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/server-problems.4447/ So I guyess it applies to all servers.

Personally I don't have this problem with Elvenar. Instead it's FoE that is visibly laggy for me. It definitely seems like something on Inno's side (and yes, I have tried the "clear cache" suggestion).

EDIT: Well, the FoE issues seem fixed for the moment. Let's hope it stays that way, and that any issues with Elvenar have also been fixed...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2720

I am also having the same issue. I have reinstalled both firefox and the flashplayer to make sure I have the most utd versions. When loading elvenar it also sticks at 18/24 and again at 22/24 but if I wait 5-10 minutes it does eventually load but is very jumpy. when it eventually settles down I have found that if I switch to the in-game full screen I actually get fairly normal gameplay but if I switch out again I lose the game altogether and get a black screen. No issues with other sites
I hope this info helps inno resolve the problem

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9

Hi everyone,

With the Firefox update they released a couple of days ago, there are indeed some issues. We'll have to wait for Mozilla to fix this though so although there are problems, I will have to archive this thread as "not a bug" since it's not a bug on our side and our development team won't be able to fix it. All we can do now, is ask you to use a different browser until Mozilla has resolved this.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Sorry but I've upgraded to FF 49.0.2 on a W7/64b up-to-date with FP 23.0.0.185 and I see no differences compared to FF 49.0.1... It works fine
So you'll probably reach your grave before Mozilla will investigate on this... :D

Anyway, if the problem is caused by the new FF interacting with something other, you can uninstall it and find version 49.0.1 here ... you'll have to choose first the directory corresponding to your Operating System, then your language and you'll get a link to an installation program... do that before to remove your browser...

For windows, choose W32/ or W64/ depending on your machine, Linux and Mac users will probably be able to find their own OS...

About always recommanding last version of browser and Flash player to avoid searching a solution, I must say that I'm able to work Elvenar on my old laptop that has XP as OS and is running FF 39.0.3 and FP 19.0.0.185 :rolleyes:

Windows, Firefox & Flash upgrades mostly intend to solve security issues... solving "bugs" are the exception...

But okay... if not everyone has an issue, it's probably some local problem...

Last edited:

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
hard to see the difference between a server not responding because everyone is charging a new set of files all together and because of other problems... But this shouldn't happen with proper bandwith that an old game provider like Inno that made a lot of money with FoE should be able to afford... :rolleyes: No coment

DeletedUser

I'm not sure why this has been archived, since as I stated multiple times, I am forced to use IE to play the game as:
Firefox does not fully load the game
Opera and Chrome load the game, but it is so slow it is unplayable.

I consider this to be an actual problem and many other users are experiencing it.
Lots of people have issues and being forced to use one specific browser really isn't a solution, especially since IE crashes all the time. Also, I filed this issue before the firefox update ...

DeletedUser417

Oh, and it isn't just Firefox. One of my fellows can't do visits nor open trader with any browser.

InfamousGrim

Adventurer
I cannot get the game to load in any browser. As of yesterday evening it wont load past 18/24. It freezes at that point. Ive tried clearing cache, clearing flash cash, trying different browsers. all the same. Was working just fine in chrome until sometime yesterday

DeletedUser

I realise I might not be Innos's favourite forum member but this is ridiculous.
  1. Firefox 49.0.2 was released on Oct 20. I started this thread before then, i.e. it is definitely not related to that update. In other words, this thread is not related to Firefox version 49.0.2.
  2. For the umpteenth time, the game also does work properly in multiple other browsers (in Chrome if you use Win Vista, nor in Opera), and as other players have mentioned in this thread, it does not work properly in other browsers / OS either. For example:
Oh, and it isn't just Firefox. One of my fellows can't do visits nor open trader with any browser.
I cannot get the game to load in any browser. As of yesterday evening it wont load past 18/24. It freezes at that point. Ive tried clearing cache, clearing flash cash, trying different browsers. all the same. Was working just fine in chrome until sometime yesterday

InfamousGrim

Adventurer
sorry. Did I post this in the wrong section? It was working fine for months until the day before yesterday using chrome

DeletedUser

sorry. Did I post this in the wrong section? It was working fine for months until the day before yesterday using chrome
YOu posted it in the right section. I was replying to Marindor. My bad for not making that clear.

DeletedUser9

Ah ok, sorry for misunderstanding you. In that case I'll put the thread back to "investigating". Could everyone who experiences this issue, please fill in a bug report template as explained here, so we have specific information to be able to look for the cause of this?

Also: Please stick to the bug that has been reported in the opening post, which is about extremely long loading times and missing assets. I see all kinds of bugs passing by here: Loading bar getting stuck at 18/14 , slowness in the game itself, trader issues... Please stick to 1 bug per bug report topic and create other reports if you have any issues that differ from that. Thank you :)