• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.15

DeletedUser2378

How am I supposed to gain 60 or 100 KP when I can't fight battles? This is so depressing, I can hardly be bothered to play any more.

I believe that (as I mention in my post in previous pages) only through buying out the fights with goods we may have the chance of getting the KPs.
Certainly there's no chance with fighting for the time.

:(

At least this is how I'm trying to deal with this whole thing for now..
And, I too have a hundred KP to get before I can go back to where I was,
which was at an Expansion to get more space
:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1345

I'm one of those miscreants with over 300 provinces completed.

I just had a look at a potential battle in a marble province, which I had looked at previous to today's "battle redesign."
Yesterday, it was a potentially winnable battle, though with probable moderate troop losses.
Today, following the "redesign," that same battle is so very far from winnable, it's laughable.
Yet, from what I can see here in the forum, and in my own fellowship, no one is laughing.

No one at all.

DeletedUser416

Inno wouldnt perform this lame update unless they think it will bring them even more money than now... I personaly think that there are much better ways to involve players into buying diamonds than killing the game, but I might be wrong... As (ex) paying player I will not pay for this mess a dime any more but we will see if Inno "knows" their playing base better. Will this upraise the diamonds sail. Time will tell.
I feel sorry for all those wonderful people in Beta who tried with valid feedbacks to stop this nonsense of an update from comming on live servers - how scamed they must feel now when they see Inno was only playing them pretending thay want feedback while they actually intended to bring this on live servers all along. :(
I am disgusted with level of disrespect thowards the players: to bring such a big change in middle of tornaments and to spoil game for all gems boosted players is really @$%#^$#*. Thank you Inno. If you care about your customers at all you should bring new battle system only to world map, give us some time to learn it and only after some time you would change tournament battlings. But, no, you could't care a less. So, my answer to that guy who asked is FoE any better? It is the same company, so ...
Pfff...

DeletedUser

I am reasonably convinced that this is a clear indication that this particular iteration of the game is to test things out and maximise profits, by slowing the game to an "acceptable" speed and not allowing players to play how they want (you MUST get barracks/squad size/MA etc)
This all ties into being able to control how much space you have (since they know the buildings you MUST have) and how you will play the game, so artificial choke points can be established that encourage buying diamonds, rather than making a fun game that people WANT to contribute to.

Sad state of affairs, the proof is in the pudding, no matter how the mods try to sugar coat it.

They went from a fun "Play how you want" to "do it my way and only get anywhere at a decent rate if you pay"
#InnoFailsAgain

DeletedUser9

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your feedback. It has (of course) been forwarded. Please let me try to make 1 thing clear for now, as I read all kinds of posts about "making money". As I explained before, the Battle System was redesigned because of big balancing issues which would cause further disruptions in the game if nothing would be done about it. It has nothing to do with "making money". If you really think that non-premium players will suddenly become premium players because they are temporarily limited in acquiring any more World Map expansions: That's simply not how it works. There are premium players and there are non-premium players and you can't convert en non-premium player to a premium player by introducing less popular changes. However, we are convinced that this rebalancing is necessary to get the balance back into the game and to keep the game interesting in the long term.

Of course we have introduced extra premium expansions available from the start a few weeks ago and you could interpret that as trying to get players to buy expansions for diamonds now because they're limited on the World Map, but as I said: That's not the way it works and is also not the reason behind these changes. There were just too many balancing issues, like players being able to win fights against armies that were 6 times as big as theirs, due to some overpowered units. This is of course unrealistic and unwanted in terms of game balance. Scouting too far ahead compared to your tech tree progress, brings a lot of issues with it: Scouting times of 3 days, too high scouting costs, too many losses, too many expansions for where you are in the game (though of course premium players have access to more expansions than non-premium players, but that is a different subject). When the World Map progress and Tech Tree progress are in balance, the game is a lot more balanced as well. Due to all the "Advanced Scouts" and "Squad Size Upgrade" techs and extra units, scouting times should be around 1 day max, scouting costs should be way less, battles should be winnable without too many losses... This part of the game was not in balance up till now and that is being restored with these changes. Of course this means, when you've scouted way more provinces than would be "normal" for you tech tree progress, that you will be limited in scouting even further but as said, for now this is necessary to restore the game balance.

DeletedUser2581

oh ya i had to clear so many dirt squares to find me oh about 10 active neighbors, you dont want us clearing lots of dirt squares give me some active neighbors DUH, dont make me hunt 40 squares in each direction to find someone or something i can motivate that doesnt have a main hall in construction and nothing else to motivate, waste of tie looking at dead cities everyplace.

DeletedUser2581

if i'm at the end of orcs tech tree were exactly am i supposed to be able to fight to? you'd think you could just fight on?

Killiak

Artisan
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your feedback. It has (of course) been forwarded.

Forwarded to the wastebin?
You guys have an entire Beta forum worth of people AGAINST this so-called 're-balancing' and it was completely ignored. Actually forwarding our feedback, it's not something I believe anymore.

Your spin is nonsense, your marketing won't work. Your devs are changing the game into a Pay2Win game and it is already bleeding players. Inno keeps this up, you'll be a Ghost Town Manager soon.

DeletedUser9

and it was completely ignored.

If it was ignored, I wouldn't put so much time and effort into trying to explain the reasons behind why we made certain choices. Feedback isn't ignored and if you've followed Beta good enough, you would know that our development team is currently looking into some specific situations to investigate if improvements should be made and if so, where exactly things go wrong. The fact that feedback is being forwarded does not however mean that we blow off the whole rebalancing because far advanced players don't like being limited on the World Map progress right now. As I tried to explain: We do this with a reason and wouldn't do this if we didn't think it was necessary to restore the game balance. I know you're not happy about it and I don't think I'll be able to change that whatever I say, but I do feel it's important to make clear that our Game Team has a very clear vision about where the game is going in the next years and these changes wouldn't have been made if they weren't necessary.

DeletedUser1991

Hi everyone,

There are premium players and there are non-premium players and you can't convert en non-premium player to a premium player by introducing less popular changes. However, we are convinced that this rebalancing is necessary to get the balance back into the game and to keep the game interesting in the long term.

All you seem to have achieved is turning premium players - if that's what you call fools like me who have purchased diamonds - into ex-players. I have some 200-300 KP to earn before I am back where I was. I can no longer fight to earn KP and I'm sure as hell NOT buying them! I opted to skip some of what are now considered essential research "upgrades" because they were not relevant to how I played the game. Now I've been dropped essentially two levels on Winyandor and the best part of a level and a half on Arendyll.

I think you can sum up my feelings in two words NOT IMPRESSED!

DeletedUser1991

If it was ignored, I wouldn't put so much time and effort into trying to explain the reasons behind why we made certain choices. Feedback isn't ignored and if you've followed Beta good enough, you would know that our development team is currently looking into some specific situations to investigate if improvements should be made and if so, where exactly things go wrong. The fact that feedback is being forwarded does not however mean that we blow off the whole rebalancing because far advanced players don't like being limited on the World Map progress right now. As I tried to explain: We do this with a reason and wouldn't do this if we didn't think it was necessary to restore the game balance. I know you're not happy about it and I don't think I'll be able to change that whatever I say, but I do feel it's important to make clear that our Game Team has a very clear vision about where the game is going in the next years and these changes wouldn't have been made if they weren't necessary.

I would hardly call myself an advanced player yet I am relegated to sitting and twiddling my thumbs waiting for 200-300 KP! I was exactly where I should have been according to those end-of-level chest things - 2 provinces short on one account and spot on on the other. Again: NOT IMPRESSED and no longer prepared to spend money on a game where I am PUNISHED for playing.

DeletedUser1991

So, I've actually logged into both worlds and added up my KP required to get to where I was. On Winyandor it will be 235 KP and on Arendyll 255. The Arendyll account was far behind my first account on Winyandor. I believe this proves that newer players are being PUNISHED just as much as older players. I gave up FoE because the only way to progress was to spend a lot of money. I started this game because it seemed for a small investment I could sometimes make my game easier. It was fun to play and not too expensive. I will most definitely NOT be spending a cent more if I do continue to play. I am certainly no longer bothering to log in frequently. Epic fail INNO!

DeletedUser

I've looked at some of the battles, and with the new system I can't for the life of me figure out how they are supposed to be winnable. I was reasonably okay at battling before the update, and before orcs were added I 50/50 battled and negotiated, which I assume is the "Intended gameplay". After orcs were added I could only battle, now I cannot do anything. With 2 armories max level, I have to log on every 2 hours to get a decent amount of troops, which means if I want to get enough troops regularly, I have to either be online constantly (although there's nothing to do ...) or build more armories, and more houses so I can do that - where? Entertainingly, the devs blame loading bugs on people having too large cities yet then keep adding rubbish we are meant to build. Again where? With the massive restrictions to expansion, the ONLY option for more space is by buying expansions, so no one in their right mind will believe it's not about money. And again: expansion was thwarted by the grid restriction in our cities anyway. I'd also like to add, that I highly doubt I have "too many manufactories" as I cannot complete any tournament with only manufactured resources and I usually don't have enough supplies either. I can boost with the despised MA, but you get the picture.

When elvenar looks for new staff members, I'm always tempted to apply as I enjoy support work, but I don't because I'm simply not willing to spout this kind of rubbish to people with a clear conscience and not even get paid for it. It also beats me why a company as lucrative as Inno needs unpaid employees. Are they a charity? I'd be utterly ashamed as a proper company to expect unpaid labour, especially when charities that actually do something useful are so desperately in need of help! The greed aspect is really so obvious here it's beyond debate.

Edited to add: and now we have to build the mercenary camp too.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The game is in balance when people play it and don't have exploits. If someone gets to the end in 6 months and you think it should take 9 months, the game is NOT out of balance, people just played differently. Should PvP be introduced, then yes, balance measures are required.

Are they going to introduce means that someone who plays once a day can compete with someone who plays 3 times a day? That seems pretty unbalanced that one person can get ahead! See how ridiculous that sounds?

Why is beating an army six times as big unbalanced? Poor design, sure, but unbalanced? It keeps coming back, time and time again, to Inno and proxies saying "You are not playing it how we planned, YOU are wrong, do it our way" How about "Hey, are you guys enjoying the game? Yeah? Are you worried about other people? No?" Huh. Maybe we should just do the things we want in the future, since you currently like the game. Lets take our preconceived ideas of what people SHOULD be doing, keep them to ourselves and let them have fun, instead of ramming our ideas down their throats"

DeletedUser363

our Game Team has a very clear vision about where the game is going in the next years and these changes wouldn't have been made if they weren't necessary.

The way the game is going is less players.....people that are at all different stages of the game are looking at leaving, they can't claim everyone has overscouted! I'm not just talking about people in the forum, I have spoken to a lot that I regularly have contact with out of the forum, they are not happy and wondering if the game has had it's time......not good for one under 2 years old! The Dev's must have changed their ideas on where the game is going as it has completely changed direction over the last couple of months from the point of view of most players. Also, we have been reading the beta forum, and found their views the same as ours.

Killiak

Artisan
If it was ignored, I wouldn't put so much time and effort into trying to explain the reasons behind why we made certain choices.

Like I said; We (or just me, at the very least) don't believe your spin. You are an Inno rep, your position pretty much demands that you defend the company and their choices, you are obliged to put in time and effort.
Furthermore; you constantly said that premium players will have advantage and will still be able to progress in the game. My conclusion from all your posts is exactly that => premium players can get their cookies still, the devs don't give 2 cents about everybody else.

It's a horrible set of choices that punished the majority of the players with a crappy battle system. This is more than just a nerf-bat, this is a freaking nerf-bulldozer riding roughshod over our cities. On top of which a lot of people are now STUCK in progressing, not to mention making the progress slow down to a crawl for other people.

Let me once again make it crystal clear to you; To us, the players, this clear vision of your Game Team looks like nothing more than a blatant P2W cash grab.
Keep it up, and you'll have an empty game for "the next years". At least you won't get much negative feedback hen eh?

DeletedUser

The way the game is going is less players.....people that are at all different stages of the game are looking at leaving, they can't claim everyone has overscouted! I'm not just talking about people in the forum, I have spoken to a lot that I regularly have contact with out of the forum, they are not happy and wondering if the game has had it's time......not good for one under 2 years old! The Dev's must have changed their ideas on where the game is going as it has completely changed direction over the last couple of months from the point of view of most players. Also, we have been reading the beta forum, and found their views the same as ours.

I honestly think the dev team considers current players dispensable and is targeting future players.

DeletedUser

I honestly think the dev team considers current players dispensable and is targeting future players.

Your assumption is supported by the deletion of mention of rating Elvenar anywhere, like here (I think that link doesn't work? must be an "error"). Of course I may be breaking the rules by saying that, hopefully they don't restrict me even more than they currently have.
Don't be too vocal or you will lose your voice! Obviously they did not tell me that posting a rating site was bad, or I would not do it, stickler for the rules and all that!

EDIT: the link does work. I am sure that Inno wants honest feedback, so this is fine, right?