• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.10

DeletedUser

Which AW gives you KPs?
ALL of the AWs return a 10% KPs dividend whenever they level.

If you're in any sort of swap agreement, and you're one of the top 5 contributors,
then you'll gain 10% on your investment every time one of your target AWs levels.

DeletedUser330

ALL of the AWs return a 10% KPs dividend whenever they level.

If you're in any sort of swap agreement, and you're one of the top 5 contributors,
then you'll gain 10% on your investment every time one of your target AWs levels.

No you don't... you gain a max of 10 KP and a rune. A max of 10KP is not 10% of your input. In the past I've put anywhere up to 200KP into someone's AW and got back a max of 10.

Thezza

Spellcaster
yes, I understand that, but I cannot decide which provinces to do now, so I cant head for elixir provinces, in fact the one I am part way through is elixir. It is taking away choice

Deleted User - 106219

The reward for contributing to an AW is fixed and depends on the AW's level, regardless of how many KPs you added. For example:
Crystal Lighthouse at level 6. The player at first place has added 12 KPs and will receive 20 KP and 2 Runes if he is still at first place when the AW levels up. The player at second place will receive 15 KP and 1 Rune even though he has contributed just 6 KP so far.

DeletedUser

In the past I've put anywhere up to 200KP into someone's AW and got back a max of 10.
The overall payout, for the Ancient Wonder, is 10%.

The DISTRIBUTION of those dividends is 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32 rounded DOWN to the nearest 5 KPs.

So if you contribute exactly 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32 of the points, your dividend will be exactly 10% of what you contributed.

If you look at https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Ancient_Wonders#Invest_in_Ancient_Wonders you'll note that the top contributor contributed only 35 points, and they got back 5 points, so their dividend was actually 14%.

If you contribute MORE than 50% of the points, then you'll get a dividend of less than 10%, because the top contributor only gets half of the points.
  • As a consequence, if you're swapping Knowledge Points with somebody, a very safe, self documenting approach is:
    • 40% from the Owner (gradually)
    • 40% from their Partner (gradually)
    • ADVERTISE that a 10% contribution will get 25% of the distributed dividends, and probably a Rune Shard as well.
    • Go on up to 50% + 50% if you can't attract any outside investors, and you'll each get a 5% dividend
  • If you're in a three way swap, and only contribute to the other two AWs, then your contribution will be 50%+50% with an average payback of 7.5%
  • If you're in a six-way swap, or a KP club, avoid your own AW, and always have exactly 5 contributors per AW, then you'll all average 10%.
  • There's a better approach, but it requires a spreadsheet that allows you to target the "most deserving" of the designated Ancient Wonder, whereupon 5 people pile on and level it within a couple of days. The spreadsheet approach allows you to invest in only ONE AW at a time, so the rate of return on your investment is actually the full 10%, which you can reinvest and thereby compound your dividends.
Short Version: You can generate well more than 10% additional KPs per day, if you understand how Ancient Wonders work.

DeletedUser

I've just done the calculations, its impossible for me to do the maximum upgrades on my current buildings and end up without negative population, that includes only upgrading 2 armories and selling the other two.
As a diamond buyer in the past this particular "cash cow" will not be putting any more money into a game/business which cares so little for its players/customers in spite of many many comments to the contrary.
I will do what I can and when I reach the point where there is no space to put population to cover my upgrades then it will be time for me to go, I won't sit there for weeks and weeks waiting for more Ancient Wonders to come along that I neither have space for nor can get rune shards.

DeletedUser

• You need 160 Provinces to open the Chapter VIII chest.
  • You can acquire 222 Provinces (10 Rings) with nary an Orc in sight.
  • You therefor have a margin of 62 provinces. That's quite a lot of slack.

Does this mean you can have all your expansions open to max, like people who have explored? Or does it mean that you are now even more space restricted?

DeletedUser

Does this mean you can have all your expansions open to max
Not a bit of it. I've acquired 162 Provinces, 2 more than were needed to open the Chapter VIII chest and I have several Ancient Wonders.

I have 10 City + Provincial Expansions that are just sitting in my menu but, for the moment at least, I don't need them to keep up with the pace of the game. My cities here on EN are mostly for various experiments, but I have Cities in Beta and the US region that are all now in Chapter VIII.

DeletedUser

Not a bit of it. I've acquired 162 Provinces, 2 more than were needed to open the Chapter VIII chest and I have several Ancient Wonders.

I have 10 City + Provincial Expansions that are just sitting in my menu but, for the moment at least, I don't need them to keep up with the pace of the game. My cities here on EN are mostly for various experiments, but I have Cities in Beta and the US region that are all now in Chapter VIII.

Ok, previously you stated you play the game differently from the majority (I guess..), what I meant was...

People explore more provinces for runes etc, but one of the main reasons is expansions. Can you completely fill the available space with expansions, if you only do the required amount of provinces? Or another way of saying it, will I now be unable to open as many expansions now that orcs are out?

DeletedUser330

What he's saying is that we shouldn't progress at a rate in which we can.
We should have held back and not done provinces and not expanded our cities and we should be sitting with only a handful of province expansions and only a couple factories and most of our available space taken up with AWs and the Magic Academy.

DeletedUser330

Y'know... when Dwarves arrived, and when Fairies arrived... I did some snooping...

The top players, maybe the top 5 or 10... they hit their credit cards and whatnot.
Within 3 hours, they had opened the chapters, completed the tech tree, built and upgraded everything, and then deleted it all as it was done with.

As far as I've found with Orcs, I am the first person to even get the Breeding Grounds and use them. And I'm ranked 50th.

Says a lot really.

DeletedUser

In my human town I have completed 233 provinces. I might be able to complete a few more by fighting, but certainly not enough to finish any ancient wonders. This means, by the time I can complete any more provinces, I'll be in the Orcs chapter and need orcs to do so. I'll also need orcs to upgrade stuff and by that time, I'll also have been forced to research the earlier AW. That means it will be months before I can continue collecting runes for my ancient wonders, unless I get my runes from tournaments (and why are tournaments not on on the weekends when people have most time to waste doing endless boring battles?). I.e. Inno is forcing us to either not bother with AW's or to participate in tournaments. On the other hand, of course, I won't have any room for the ancient wonders anyway, as I cannot get any expansions via the world map until I'm in Orcs, and by then, I'll need any I get for the orc building upgrades. Do Inno not realise that constantly changing the game dynamics and hence putting people at a serious disadvantage depending upon their progress or lack thereof is terrible game design? I expect there are people who paid for ancient wonders who now feel really annoyed since they can no longer expand their cities unless they pay more money for expansions. There are probably also people who've maxed out bought expansions to make room for stuff they bought and now might even have to delete things they paid for to advance further, so in the end, there are going to be a lot of peeved people with the exception of those who play extremely casually or who were lucky enough to have been able to hoard expansions while stuck at the end of fairies.

Inno are both constantly restricting choice in order to force players to engage in aspects of the game they dislike and adding more and more pressure points to make people cough up money for a game that's becoming incrementally less fun due to players being battered into following a set path as regards playing style. Maybe the game designers should move onto politics if their aim in life is to trick people into doing things they don't want to do any pay for the privilege as well? :p

DeletedUser

In my human town I have completed 233 provinces. I might be able to complete a few more by fighting, but certainly not enough to finish any ancient wonders. This means, by the time I can complete any more provinces, I'll be in the Orcs chapter and need orcs to do so. I'll also need orcs to upgrade stuff and by that time, I'll also have been forced to research the earlier AW. That means it will be months before I can continue collecting runes for my ancient wonders, unless I get my runes from tournaments (and why are tournaments not on on the weekends when people have most time to waste doing endless boring battles?). I.e. Inno is forcing us to either not bother with AW's or to participate in tournaments. On the other hand, of course, I won't have any room for the ancient wonders anyway, as I cannot get any expansions via the world map until I'm in Orcs, and by then, I'll need any I get for the orc building upgrades. Do Inno not realise that constantly changing the game dynamics and hence putting people at a serious disadvantage depending upon their progress or lack thereof is terrible game design? I expect there are people who paid for ancient wonders who now feel really annoyed since they can no longer expand their cities unless they pay more money for expansions. There are probably also people who've maxed out bought expansions to make room for stuff they bought and now might even have to delete things they paid for to advance further, so in the end, there are going to be a lot of peeved people with the exception of those who play extremely casually or who were lucky enough to have been able to hoard expansions while stuck at the end of fairies.

Inno are both constantly restricting choice in order to force players to engage in aspects of the game they dislike and adding more and more pressure points to make people cough up money for a game that's becoming incrementally less fun due to players being battered into following a set path as regards playing style. Maybe the game designers should move onto politics if their aim in life is to trick people into doing things they don't want to do any pay for the privilege as well? :p

This. Times ONE BILLION!

Deleted User - 67582

Just to add a little more to the mix. I found that some provinces don't require Orcs to negotiate, but most do (is there some logic to this?). I'm guessing that the newly opened target provinces will need Orcs to negotiate.
The falsely enthusiastic clip explaining the update urges us to u/grade armouries to level 20. This can only be achieved after completing the armoury tech in the Orcs and Goblins section column 3. In reality available to no one at the moment and months away for most. Fighting, in my view, is a non starter as I haven't been able to win a battle (not counting the tournaments) for a long long time.
How then, are we able to expand our world maps and gain squares? Is it by buying diamonds - most players will object to that....
The game creators need a touch of reality and to come out of the fantasy world that they apparently inhabit.

Cregganroe

Conjurer
Maybe take a look at the beta forum and see that they have listened and have done something that will be coming in here shortly... And just maybe you can let your blood pressure go down slightly before it does real damage.....

DeletedUser

Maybe take a look at the beta forum and see that they have listened and have done something that will be coming in here shortly... And just maybe you can let your blood pressure go down slightly before it does real damage.....

Not sure I understand what you just said?
Did you say they knew about a problem in Beta, released it anyway, then fixed it in Beta?

Cregganroe

Conjurer
No what I am saying is they seem to have listened slightly and are making it so Orcs will not be required in tournaments so maybe there will be further help coming to lessen the impact... This is from Beta forum directly as it is there :
We have just installed a newer version of 1.11 on Beta, including the following changes:
  • Orcs are no longer required to cater in Tournaments
  • Tooltip on 'Navigate to Scout' button on the world map was broken and has now been fixed
  • The Unit Healing screen could break and has now been fixed
  • Move and Upgrade now correctly takes one Builder instead of two again
  • It is possible to cancel upgrades again

Deleted User - 106219

No offense, but that has nothing to do with listening to players. As you can see from this post by Muf-Muf (dated July 8th!) needing Orcs to negotiate in tournaments was a bug. It's rather discouraging that it took until after the release of the next version to fix. Fixing known bugs can hardly be called "listening to players".

DeletedUser

Y'know... when Dwarves arrived, and when Fairies arrived... I did some snooping...

The top players, maybe the top 5 or 10... they hit their credit cards and whatnot.
Within 3 hours, they had opened the chapters, completed the tech tree, built and upgraded everything, and then deleted it all as it was done with.

As far as I've found with Orcs, I am the first person to even get the Breeding Grounds and use them. And I'm ranked 50th.

Says a lot really.
I feel somewhat insulted by your post, I am in the top 10 in Arendyll and indeed have slipped one place due to just one person deciding to go the "max credit card" route, the rest of us are pretty much where we were (other than slipping 1 place) before this update came out and are just working through the tech tree.

Personally I am in ring 12 and can no longer fight as I lose my troops so much that it would be impossible to get very far in the tournaments, yes encounters give kp but I have all bar one of the AW so I need the shards and tournaments are a better way of getting them than clearing provinces - please don't say I should negotiate as I don't have orcs, and so have to plod along on the 1 an hour kp through the tree to get to the armory upgrades.

I'm pleased for you that you had no problem getting sufficient kp in order to get through the tree and upgrade your armories, but please don't say that those of us at the top are using credit cards to do so or even that we did it for dwarves or fairies to big yourself up!