• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.10

DeletedUser

I totally agree. It is totally unfair that provinces we have already started now have Orcs added to the costs. I have a bank of provinces I had built up in preparation for the new race and I have the resources to neg. each one. Now I can not complete those provinces because of this stupid orc thing. My city is full, so I can not expand my armories. So I will have to wait ages before I can get one expansion slot in the tech tree before being able to expand .

Then you only allow one row of expansions slots ...

Did you guys sit down in a room and think what would be best to annoy players with?

Sounds pretty usual. I don't know how you can tell Inno that they need to think things through, other than giving them a bad rating and not spend any cash. http://newrpg.com/browser-games/elvenar/

Down to 3.2, perhaps if it goes under 3 they will start to listen to their customers?

Deleted User - 13667

You can still click on the main hall you visit even if everything seems piled up. Just click on the empty space in the screen. Just to share.
Even with the Beta server, bugs are not fixed. Why is there a Beta to begin with?

As for the negotiations, no idea if negotiating gives score points but fighting seems the only way out. It would be bad choice for players since most would likely delete guest race buildings after completing the researches just for the space

DeletedUser

You can still click on the main hall you visit even if everything seems piled up. Just click on the empty space in the screen. Just to share.
Even with the Beta server, bugs are not fixed. Why is there a Beta to begin with?

As for the negotiations, no idea if negotiating gives score points but fighting seems the only way out. It would be bad choice for players since most would likely delete guest race buildings after completing the researches just for the space

This brings up an interesting point, are orcs from the armoury or do they need another building... what happens with the next expansion (vampires, obviously) do you need orcs AND vampires? What is the plan for the future?

Deleted User - 67582

Can't comment on the Orc and Gremlin section as I'm only half way through the fairies, so along way off. Despite not playing with the gremlins and Orcs it would seem that they have invaded the other worlds as you now need Orcs to negotiate new provinces. As mentioned in other sentiments above, this is a retrograde step (in my view) because -
1.Orcs can only be created with armouries at level 20 and above. Many players have not advanced their armouries because of the futility of fighting uneven battles, and therefore will have a long and expensive wait as armouries are u/graded (for no real benefit) to level 20.
2. Expansions to cities will be slowed down because without new province accumulation expansions will be limited to tech advances - few and far between.
3. Less available space, to expand our cities into, means less chance to develop (eg u/grade) and progress; resulting in an even slower and hence more boring game.

I think this update needs a rethink. Orc production needs should be limited to the Orc section. And why is it necessary to have armouries at such a high level?
Secondary to this, I have experienced 5-6 times/province visit the phenomenon, shown above by cheapnar, where all the city squares accumulate into the top left corner.:confused: Infuriating...

DeletedUser

Currently 2d 13h for ONE scouting run, but no need to worry about how long it takes as I can't clear it with troops (haven't been able to since the start of this ring) or negotiating as I have no orcs and nowhere near the armory upgrade in the tech tree... unless I can mysteriously find another 188kp of course.

And don't get me started on the houses!!!

Vroot TwoFoot

Adventurer
No let's talk about the houses. At best an elven house will produce 550 people for 10 squares (8 building 2 road), giving 55 per square. Goblin houses at best give 850 for 15. 56.6 people per square. Take half a square per house more, as you might well do with shorter streets, and you're better off staying with the elven.

You're going to tell me there's a whole thread about this I've missed, but it'll be as ill conceived there as it is here.

DeletedUser1832

Sounds pretty usual. I don't know how you can tell Inno that they need to think things through, other than giving them a bad rating and not spend any cash. http://newrpg.com/browser-games/elvenar/

Down to 3.2, perhaps if it goes under 3 they will start to listen to their customers?

That site says it is mobile friendly but I haven't been able to play it on my Samsung S5 and nobody in our FS has been able to either that I know of. Is there a secret passage way that we must enter through to get it? Thanks in advance as would love to be able to play this on my phone if it is possible.

DeletedUser330

Yeah, the Orc thing with negotiating provinces sucks ass big time.
It's now gonna take me, including scouting, anything up to 3 or 4 days for 1 province.

This addition is just one more thing that messes this game up. It's becoming unplayable.

Addition, I currently have a province unlocked... I CANNOT fight it, as it contains those Steinlings... because of the unfair fighting system, Steinlings , like the Cannoneers, kill whole squads of troops, all kinds of troops, with a single hit.
So fighting is out of the question. Negotiating is the only way to complete provinces sometimes... so yeah, adding Orcs to the costs is a moronic choice by the programmers.

Edited: Zanyah - 2016-07-22 - merged 2 consecutive posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Its a very sneaky attempt to push people into buying diamonds as thats the only way to progress when you're at the point of no longer being able to clear provinces by fighting unless you want to wait days and days to get sufficient kp to progress through the tree to the city expansions, or even to get to where its possible to produce orcs on the tech tree. Nice one InnoGames!

Tournaments have become a joke in themselves, with not enough neighbours it is impossible to reach the high rewards and very difficult to make sufficient troops and/or goods to get through all the rounds. But don't worry there is a way... you can buy your way through with diamonds!

House sizes have gone up massively with very little extra population, but don't worry just buy another snail, they're "only" 3k diamonds each and will solve your population crisis easily...

DeletedUser330

I've played this game for almost a year now... gonna give it till I reach the breeding grounds and the rally points, and see how they pan out.

If it turns out bad, I'll be quitting.

Edited: Zanyah - 2016-07-22 - replaced inappropriate word.

DeletedUser

As I'm still in Fairies, I wasn't intending to comment on this update, however, when I tried to negotiate some encounters today, I found I needed orcs. I'm still at the beginning of Fairies and I do not have a single dwarven AW in my Human city yet. Are you telling me I need to get to the equivalent research in the orcs chapter AND upgrade my armories before I can negotiate any more encounters and get to the point where I can acquire rune shards for AW again? Arguably I can fight, but I don't particularly want to fight most encounters. I've bee trying not to complain about this game since I felt myself morphing into a grumpy old lady after the MA was implemented (which I still hate and never use), but this really takes the biscuit now. It also seems particularly bloody minded to force people to have 2 armories at level 20 to *negotiate* encounters. So much for being able to decide if we want a military or non military play style. Correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it, we need two level 20 armouries to even be able to generate said orcs.

DeletedUser330

As I'm still in Fairies, I wasn't intending to comment on this update, however, when I tried to negotiate some encounters today, I found I needed orcs. I'm still at the beginning of Fairies and I do not have a single dwarven AW in my Human city yet. Are you telling me I need to get to the equivalent research in the orcs chapter AND upgrade my armories before I can negotiate any more encounters and get to the point where I can acquire rune shards for AW again? Arguably I can fight, but I don't particularly want to fight most encounters. I've bee trying not to complain about this game since I felt myself morphing into a grumpy old lady after the MA was implemented (which I still hate and never use), but this really takes the biscuit now. It also seems particularly bloody minded to force people to have 2 armories at level 20 to *negotiate* encounters. So much for being able to decide if we want a military or non military play style. Correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it, we need two level 20 armouries to even be able to generate said orcs.

This is another reason why having Orcs on the negotiations is a bad idea.

Edited: Zanyah - 2016-07-22 - replaced inappropriate word.

DeletedUser417

when I tried to negotiate some encounters today, I found I needed orcs. I'm still at the beginning of Fairies and I do not have a single dwarven AW in my Human city yet. Are you telling me I need to get to the equivalent research in the orcs chapter AND upgrade my armories before I can negotiate any more encounters and get to the point where I can acquire rune shards for AW again?

I hope this is a mistake that will be corrected. If not... many won't be happy at all! This needs serious attention (read changes) in my opinion.

Deleted User - 13667

No idea.... Still gathering research books for the AWs... :(

Essentially yes to those who do negotiate, Bad.
On the other hand, if you do not negotiate, there is no issue which comes to the most important question since i joined this forum but have yet to get any answers.

When can we have equal no of units against the AI? 8 v 8. Current situation of 5 v 8 with overhelming numbers on the AI, is very disheartening

DeletedUser330

The worst thing is being forced into fighting because of this crap with the Orcs, and the AI has Cannoneers and Steinlings that kill entire squads with a single hit from across the entire width of the battlefield.

Fighting is impossible, has been since I started playing a year ago... and now negotiating is too.

Looks like KPs will have to come solely from the hourly rate. I best start making spells for the KP Box.

DeletedUser

Fighting is impossible, has been since I started playing a year ago... and now negotiating is too.

I wouldn't say it's impossible, although some combinations of enemies are impossible, and it becomes impossible once one reaches certain points, where basically it's necessary not to fight for a while until one has upgraded units types and squad sizes. This just seems to me, like a lot of things in the game, to0 be intended to make people feel frustrated enough to buy expansions as they cannot acquire them by other means. While I understand games need paying players to stay online, when it reaches a point that it's merely frustrating to anyone who's not constantly buying gems, it seems to me that they player base will automatically dwindle. Might as well be honest and make it a subscription game if free players or those who irregularly buy gems are not desired.

DeletedUser330

But tournies aren't exactly friendly on supplies or troops, and pay very little. So now I got to do the ones for non-boosts too? No thanks.

Edit: Also, a tournie province pays 2KP for doing 8 encounters. Not exactly worth it.

DeletedUser330

Well, this new update and chapter has proven what everyone has been thinking for a long time.

One of the guys on here said that Inno likes to release new stuff rather than finished stuff (in regards to the Fairy Units)... I "liked" the comment, because it was kinda funny, but also true.

This new addition with Orcs, and the things they've put into play with negotiations, including having people who are still as far back as Dwarves, needing Orcs to negotiate, plus all the new glitches the game has now too... just goes to show that what happens in Beta, stays in Beta.

The programmers obviously do not play the game, and they certainly don't listen to the complaints when they screw everything up.
Failing that it's the Mods on the forums who don't actually pass on the numerous complaints from the players.

I don't think I've ever played an online game that is this disorganised tbh. All other games have a forum and Beta for a reason.
Inno seems to just do things, then make their monthly videos full of smiles and talk about how great things will be... but forget what anyone says when they all realise they've made monumental cock-ups that stifle gameplay and destroy how fun they said the game would be.

All they care about is cash and cash players. Ok, I get that... they make games to make money... but, I'm afraid that the way they handle Beta, and they way they treat players after the mistakes have been made, and the way they constantly ignore and go against player advice, Inno are going to be out of pocket soon when everyone quits.
They'll probably sit there wondering why people have left as well... either through being ignorant, or that they genuinely don't give anything about listening to complaints and haven't bothered checking the forums.

I seriously hope they listen. This game has such potential, and was super fun when I started... sadly though, it just seems to be run by button monkeys and yes-men who live half-way down the ladder.

I'm giving this game another couple weeks... to see if that stupid idea of Orcs in negotiations is reversed, and will get to the rally points and armouries in the tech tree.
Once I see what happens, will depend if I carry on playing or not. I've spent cash on this game, which is a rarity for me to spend cash on an online game... so, as a cash player, I'm telling Inno, if they do actually look at complaints, you're on the verge of losing a cash player... and probably many, many more after me.

Edited: Zanyah - 2016-07-22 - replaced inappropriate words/acronyms.

DeletedUser297

I am not sure what the game creators goals are but, if it is to make the game fun and playable by all, they FAILED miserably. This is not fun! I do not fight - and there are many more like me - and the orc thing makes fighting mandatory. And, again, I find the orcs necessary for province completion onerous at best!
There are only a few ways to get KPs; hourly, with coin, and completing a province. We can't complete a province without orcs. We can't get orcs until we've researched the Scout, the Portal, and the Amory - all of which require many KPs. Where do we get enough KPs to do all that?? And we certainly won't have enough left over to put on our AWs - which now seem to be required. It's not fun anymore, people!!
I've spent way more money on this game than is reasonable. That's no one's fault but my own but it makes me angry that the money angle is more important to the developers than the game itself. As much as I would regret leaving the game, I will if it doesn't have some changes soon.
Oh, one more thought...gaining relics to make spells will also be next to impossible!!