• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.10

DeletedUser1295

Let's see which parts of my post will get deleted...

I have read your post completely and see no need to moderate it, since it is in accordance with the forum rules ;)
The only thing I would recommend is that you make your complaints on moderation known on the server concerned - jic you haven't done this already.

I as well as any other team member on the EN server cannot comment on moderation on other servers.

As previously stated, as EN forum moderator I am dedicated to the EN-server solely and to the policy set by our EN Community Manager Amy Steele.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

When I first read about the Orcs and Goblins (and how Goblins keep Orcs under control with the help of mushrooms), my first thought was that the Orcs are drug-addicted slaves of the Goblins. The fact that we breed orcs like cattle (Armories are now called Breeding Grounds) and then trade them away to negotiate provinces only added to that impression.

But hey, slavery IS a part of history, and it is rather common in some fictional settings, so it's not that big a deal. A bit tactless, possibly even insulting for some players, but nothing more than that... or so I thought.

What I expected: The people in charge of the game would explain that they did not mean to insult anyone by implying that the orcs are slaves, and maybe change a few texts to make it clear that we not trading orcs the way we trade other goods when we negotiate (there were some suggestions made about that).

What actually happened: First we got a poor explanation why we need orcs for negotiation (see spoiler for what I mean), then we got mods editing or outright deleting posts that mention the orc slavery - a great way to annoy people and draw even more attention to the issue.

The slavery thing is what immediately sprung to my mind when I saw orcs required for negotiation and even more so when I realised we will need them to upgrade workshops. No big deal on the surface when we consider it's a fantasy game, but in the context of seeing it as an "upgrade" from a society that was doing fine without slaves, it leaves a bitter aftertaste even if one keeps in mind it's fantasy. It's even more dubious with them being controlled by mushroom producing goblins and apparently their dung being used (seriously?)

Then there's the whole “needing orcs to negotiate provinces beyond ring 10”. As has been said multiple times: TERRIBLE IDEA. It wouldn't be so bad if it was limited only to players that have reached the “orcs and goblins” chapter, but it's there for everyone. If you wanted to limit people's ability to negotiate you could require resources from the current guest race: Granite for Dwarves, Sunflowers for Fairies, etc. But suddenly requiring a new resource that some players won't be able to produce for months... a great way to lose players.

Totally agree. If this must be added, it should be introduced at a point beyond where people have explored the world map without it (and non-slave resources are preferable) :p Also, the requirement of race-related resources for negotiation should be introduced earlier in the game, and without restricting people unreasonably. Of course the fact we no longer produce race related goods after moving on makes that impossible / really tricky, which is why it was implemented in this clumsy manner. Why not let people keep the race related buildings and upgrade them? i.e the granite and copper mines would not get deleted but upgraded to the fairy resources, after which the fairy resources would be used for negotiation, and so on. You can't just add restrictions at this stage in a game unless the game is still in beta since it puts people at a disadvantage compared to players that did not have said restrictions. Well, you can, but you cannot expect people to be happy about it.

... And let's not even talk about the so called Magic Academy – the improvements promised are nowhere to be seen (unless you count one new spell with limited use) but it is still impossible to delete, and that is a serious problem now, with the need for more space.

My thoughts (based on my entire play time, not just the new update) can be summed up:
1) The people in charge of the game don't really care about feedback (unless it's feedback they like)
2) 1.10 and (especially) 1.11 are above all cash grabs: First negotiation is limited by requiring orcs, then premium expansions get increased from 21 to 33 (50% increase). So if we want more expansions we have a choice: Spend Diamonds on negotiation, or spend Diamonds on Premium Expansions. What a “great” choice! How thoughtful of the game's developers! /sarcasm mode
3) The people in charge of the game are more concerned with new content (and thus new ways for players to spend Diamonds) than with fixing what is already there. I can't think of another reason why bugs that are months old are STILL not fixed...

Exactly, it all makes a very lurid impression of adding things that are practically exclusively designed to make people feel compelled to spend money and have very little value besides that. The overall impression from a merely play related perspective (without taking money making into consideration) is chaotic and impromptu, and that's not surprising since no thought was evidently given besides the aspect of bullying players into spending cash.

DeletedUser725

The exodus has already begun. One member of one FS I belong to has sold up and left over this orc business. In the other world, another member is beginning to do the same. Since the higher ranked members are the ones who help and support the newer players, when they go it is a big loss to the game. Fewer new players will stay, and the end will be an empty map. Sad, since I have enjoyed the game so far, and I would like to enjoy it in future also, but it is becoming more and more restrictive. I find myself being manipulated and I don't like the feeling.

DeletedUser1345

The "orcs" requirement for negotiating encounters - even for players as far back as the Dwarves chapter - must surely be out of concern for the physical health & well-being of Elvenar players.

Then there's all the persistent bugs, the non-functioning mercenary camp, the "slavery" aspect introduced with the orcs, the matter of forcing us to accept a horde of murdering thugs into our city which is led by "Royalty Of Terror" ( a direct quote), etc., etc., etc.

After all, sitting for long periods at a computer, playing a game like Elvenar, is not good for one's health - so Inno is trying to drive players away from their computers...and from this game.
Thanks Inno, for caring about us so very, very, very much!

DeletedUser1925

Orcs are there for save traveling of goods for negotiations. in those far-far-far away provinces. 1st april - every day. :D

Maybe if encounter Orcs you can buy them when negotiating... :D

My current treants II are more powerful then "wild/drugged" orcs. Why would I need orcs to transport goods If treants II provide better protection and they don't need to be drugged?

sadly it doesn't make sense.

Like it was cool to research as you wanted on start... now it has branches soon all AW necessary to be researched... make them useful more then causal buildings! come on i know you can do 2+2=5 math.

then negotiating provinces with 0 orcs... now....

late starters we have these two disadvantages.

then empty neighbourhoods... or players use interest after they have to "upgrade residence to level 3." leap is just too big!

most of the fairy buildings looks like cartoons for 3 year kids. -- buildings are just too much.

I think elvenar developers need to change their expectations and start listening, because you are nothing without players... or soon you will be the only one playing on "house server" with "with god mod" 90000 KP+.

DeletedUser

This is the first time I've posted on the forum, because up till now nothing has angered me like this has! I'm about halfway through Dwarves, in desperate need of space for mines. The next expansion needs 500 copper, which at the current rate will take weeks if not months. So a province expansion is my only option. Imagine my horror, having spent a small fortune in gold and 23 hours to unlock a province, only to find that it needs resources I will not have for several months yet, and has armies I have absolutely no hope of defeating. This is effectively making the game unplayable for me, and I am considering just quitting. Really not happy at all, it's utterly ridiculous, what are the game designers thinking?

Edited: Zanyah - 2016-07-28 - replaced a starred out word ;)

firerock

Enchanter
Well I feel much like the Rodent does, I spend too long playing this because I enjoy it, or at least I did.
If we don't have anything confirming the removal of Orcs from negotiating by 14th August I will quit too.
This is the final straw with the some of the silliness of this game.

I'm the archmage of my fellowship as well (was 17th), and since this update at least 4 players have quit.
I've read all the pages, and I don't recall there being so much of an uproar about these changes as any others in the past.
Its clear after 2 weeks and nothings been heard from the developers already, nicely insulated behind multiple layers of bureaucracy, that quite realistically nothing will be forthcoming EVER!

Do something about it before its too late.
Don't and the game will struggle.

DeletedUser1925

Its clear after 2 weeks and nothings been heard from the developers already, nicely insulated behind multiple layers of bureaucracy, that quite realistically nothing will be forthcoming EVER!

Do something about it before its too late.
Don't and the game will struggle.

you forgot word shameless. Don't forget it was done in BETA first... which is usually 2-4 weeks before official version.

DeletedUser1739

Just outta curiosity cause I am not playing this game anymore daily, maybe once a week or so....

pls enlighten me...

wiki>

Purpose
The Orcs Rally Point is there to distract the Orcs! Without it, they will just destroy your city as they will feel bored!

====

so....If I upgrade the armories first which produce orcs BUT i don\t have any rally points yet to distract them (pff)....will they destroy my city?
and if yes,can I somehow direct them to destroy my MA first? :p lol

DeletedUser330

Yeah they smash everything up. Worst one is when a level 19 planks gets binned and you have to rebuild it from scratch.

DeletedUser1739

Yeah they smash everything up. Worst one is when a level 19 planks gets binned and you have to rebuild it from scratch.

but....this basically means you are forced to play this game on a regular basis no?

DeletedUser330

:D
Joking bud. I've had Orcs for about a week now and nothing has gotten smashed.

I was concerned about that myself tbh... but I think it's just story-fying from Inno's imaginative crowd.

Just remember that those are the same guys who said Orcs would be fun, and a great addition to the game.
Highly imaginative crowd they are.

DeletedUser1739

:D
Joking bud. I've had Orcs for about a week now and nothing has gotten smashed.

I was concerned about that myself tbh... but I think it's just story-fying from Inno's imaginative crowd.

hey,I wouldnt be surprised if this wasnt a joke with everything that Inno comes up lately lol

DeletedUser330

Orcs suck big time... I was going to quit, but instead I'm taking to trolling the forum and facebook instead and being as nasty as possible. Make sure Inno's button monkeys know exactly how much they've gashed this thing up.

DeletedUser

why didn't they just make the rally point = breeding grounds instead of having them breed in armouries? Oh wait, then people wouldn't have have such issues with room and population.

DeletedUser219

why didn't they just make the rally point = breeding grounds instead of having them breed in armouries? Oh wait, then people wouldn't have have such issues with room and population.
And when we get to the next chapter you wouldn't be able to get rid of the buildings, because orcs will still be needed, unless there's a change, of course.

DeletedUser1775

I sincerely hope the mods correctly relayed the gravity of this situation. The debacle with MA is an annoyance but it is no way near as damaging as this. This is a situation in a game breaking scale . I have already seen a few active diamond spending people up and left the game. And many more threaten to follow if this is not rectified soon.

Whatever the motives, be it for balancing the game, or cashing in few extra diamonds, it doesn't matter. I can't stress enough that this thread is but a small reflection of the greater community.

I understand that developers can't always give in to players' every whim, however, at the same breath, it also needs to be understood that every decision will have consequences.

Sometime, just sometime, it may not be bad to listen to the will of the players, after all they are the lifeline of the game.