• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Forced to build Magic Academy ?!?!?

DeletedUser1224

Have you checked their city size, where they are in the game? I think the people playing in the fairy chapter don't agree with you. But wind yourself up over things in real life that really matter to be wound up about, play for a while and then come back ;-)

The people that have quit have either worked their way up too quick to be at the top and are bored now. The smaller players prob thinking things don't go fast enough to actually make a speedy progress. It takes skills, planning, time and insight to be successful at this game. Maybe it's just not your game.

I'm in the faerie chapter with reasonable sized city. I don't want the MA - it's a waste of space. Stop speaking on behalf of other people and speak for yourself please.

This debate is about choice - you want the MA - fine - go cuddle with it.

Devs
-------
Give players the choice of whether they want the MA or not - make it deletable! There's been so much feedback on this now including your survey that appeared a little while ago.... that not all players had appear on their screens. Plus the MA complaint (not debate!) has been going on a few threads now. The waters brown in your vicinity - and you've lost your paddle.

Wolf

DeletedUser1683

I'm in the faerie chapter with reasonable sized city. I don't want the MA - it's a waste of space. Stop speaking on behalf of other people and speak for yourself please.

This debate is about choice - you want the MA - fine - go cuddle with it.

Devs
-------
Give players the choice of whether they want the MA or not - make it deletable! There's been so much feedback on this now including your survey that appeared a little while ago.... that not all players had appear on their screens. Plus the MA complaint (not debate!) has been going on a few threads now. The waters brown in your vicinity - and you've lost your paddle.

Wolf

Totally agree.

DeletedUser

I've said it on other games and will no doubt say it again... this is a critical point in time for this game.
There is ZERO disadvantage to allowing it to be deletable, so the ONLY way to interpret the devs NOT making it deletable is that the devs don't give a rats about the players.
Just make it deletable. The ones that use it are happy, the ones that don't are happy, EVERYONE wins. Literally.
Unless it remains NOT deletable, then the players KNOW the devs are happy to ignore the situation.

DeletedUser1683

Unless it remains NOT deletable, then the players KNOW the devs are happy to ignore the situation.

Exactly.

After all this waiting I've just learnt that, while we have been told to wait patiently for a developer response to our complaints that the MA is here to stay whether we like it or not.

It will not be possible to move into the Fairy Chapter unless you have built the MA.

To make matters worse, the buildings you spend a lot of time on in the Dwarven chapter have to be deleted. Only for quests to appear later that require the buildings!

Brilliant of the developers to plan the game this way, and so wonderful of support not to let us know - one can imagine why.

Last edited by a moderator: Today at 9:43 AM

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

To make matters worse, the buildings you spend a lot of time on in the Dwarven chapter have to be deleted. Only for quests to appear later that require the buildings!
.... really? So everything I'm working toward at the moment will have to be deleted to be able to progress past Dwarves?
I am an inch from giving up on this game.

DeletedUser1739

After all this waiting I've just learnt that, while we have been told to wait patiently for a developer response to our complaints that the MA is here to stay whether we like it or not.

It will not be possible to move into the Fairy Chapter unless you have built the MA.

Brilliant of the developers to plan the game this way, and so wonderful of support not to let us know - one can imagine why.
not quite accurate what you say here

dont mislead other players only cause you hate the MA

DeletedUser1739

I am not aiming to mislead anyone. So correct me!
no one is forcing players to delete any dwarven buildings...I deleted them all because I was done with dwarven and wanted the space....it was MY option...there was NO quest requiring those buildings later
but all this is off topic,this is a thread re the MA

DeletedUser

Well, the real issue is quests that are not able to be declined.

There was a quest that you couldn't decline requiring you to delete the Dwarven Portal. Not sure if they changed this later or not, but when I was at that point, you could not decline it. It was so buggy when the Fairy chapter first came out, it is hard to say what has been fixed or not as each step you pass, you cannot go back and try it again.

The quest to build the Magic Academy is not able to be declined at this point.

To me, the problem is quests that cannot be declined. I would rather all quests, except the initial walk through ones, were able to be declined. That way there would be no pressure to have to build any buildings you did not want.

If they are worried about people just cycling through quests too fast, they could just set a daily limit on the number of quests you get.

DeletedUser

they could just set a daily limit on the number of quests you get.
It's the same general concept, but I'd rather see it implemented as a half-dozen "declines" that each have a 6 hour renewal timer. This would still allow you skip a few quests, but it would prevent the egregious cherry-picking of the "best" quests from the entire list and/or looping them.

DeletedUser1224

no one is forcing players to delete any dwarven buildings...I deleted them all because I was done with dwarven and wanted the space....it was MY option...there was NO quest requiring those buildings later
but all this is off topic,this is a thread re the MA

That's incorrect - there was a quest that forced you to delete your Dwarven Portal - but as you say - let's get back on topic.

Make the MA deletable!

DeletedUser1739

That's incorrect - there was a quest that forced you to delete your Dwarven Portal - but as you say - let's get back on topic.

Make the MA deletable!

and was there any quest later requiring that building like the orig.poster stated???NO

and if i understand correctly that delete portal quest is declinable now so what are we talking about....

Deleted User - 106219

There was a bug that caused Elf players to receive Dwarf-related quests even after selling their Dwarven Portal (and likely selling all dwarven buildings to make room for the fairy ones). No idea if the bug has been fully fixed yet.

Anyway, back on topic:
I don't understand why the MA cannot be deleted. That would put an end to most complaints about it. People who like the MA and find it useful would build it anyway, while people who don't need it will finish the mandatory quest and delete it to make room for something more useful. And if later the players that deleted it decide that they have some use for it they can just build it again.

DeletedUser1739

There was a bug that caused Elf players to receive Dwarf-related quests even after selling their Dwarven Portal (and likely selling all dwarven buildings to make room for the fairy ones). No idea if the bug has been fully fixed yet.

Anyway, back on topic:
I don't understand why the MA cannot be deleted. That would put an end to most complaints about it. People who like the MA and find it useful would build it anyway, while people who don't need it will finish the mandatory quest and delete it to make room for something more useful. And if later the players that deleted it decide that they have some use for it they can just build it again.

yes that has been fixed now and those were declinable quests anyway...produce copper coins,dwarven statue,etc,etc

DeletedUser1775

I am guessing the Devs are planning to add something on MA. I hope it would be something like extra Scout. That would be one reason i would actually keep the MA.

It would at least help clear provinces faster and in turn create more space.

But i could just be an optimist.

DeletedUser1683

and was there any quest later requiring that building like the orig.poster stated???NO

and if i understand correctly that delete portal quest is declinable now so what are we talking about....

If they can change that, why not change the MA???

I am guessing the Devs are planning to add something on MA. I hope it would be something like extra Scout. That would be one reason i would actually keep the MA.

It would at least help clear provinces faster and in turn create more space.

But i could just be an optimist.

So you're opinion of the dev's is that they think. "Let's give them the MA, but make it really bad at first, so we can improve it and they'll love us later!". Yeah right.

DeletedUser

So you're opinion of the dev's is that they think. "Let's give them the MA, but make it really bad at first, so we can improve it and they'll love us later!". Yeah right.

No. My opinion is the devs thought "I have this GREAT idea, it will be awesome. We can't actually implement it yet, so it kinda sucks, but hey, it will get better (eventually) so might as well leave it as is. The CUSTOMERS won't mind, right??"

DeletedUser1739

If they can change that, why not change the MA???

that I dont know.I dont love the MA either...I would delete it if possible cause I use it only in emergency cases and I always used the provision spell only,the other ones I find useless

DeletedUser1683

No. My opinion is the devs thought "I have this GREAT idea, it will be awesome. We can't actually implement it yet, so it kinda sucks, but hey, it will get better (eventually) so might as well leave it as is. The CUSTOMERS won't mind, right??"

Well they clearly got that wrong. We are customers and we DO mind.

DeletedUser

Devs
-------

Wolf

One of the mods did state in another thread that is is highly unlikely we will be able to delete it at any point, so it looks like we are stuck with it, same as the barracks.