• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

You knew it was coming....

Lelanya

Mentor
I can assure you all, there were no posts on English language Discord that would account for the changes that we saw this month.

I remember discussing the steel (basic tier1 good) needed to plant Golden Abyss. I am steel boosted on Win, my map brother is planks. We unlocked GA on the same day, I planted mine, he had to wait until next log in for a trade. This might have been over Christmas break, so I really do not think that we are responsible for the changes, considering that this occurred in July 2016!

This was in response to something someone else said. We took it as referring to the general imbalance new players may be experiencing at present.

Every time something changed significantly I planted a new city to test things for myself to see if new players really  had to come begging for good from more developed players. I planted my last city 6 months prior to the introduction of the new tech tree (wee me on Beta). At that point my # of cities had hit double digits, and I had a little talk with myself. The point is, the answer to the burning question is a resounding  NO. No they do need to come begging unless they choose to join a performance fellowship. They can still play the way I did, grow their cities from scratch. Better yet I have help found two new servers, EN3 & US8.

Will I trial it again? No. I remember scratching around for gold and supplies, it's nothing new. The only concern that I have is how late the new players start tourney, but then again, maybe ... it should unlock with chapter 4 scout, or be a single research after it (not one of 4 or 5).

The problem may be, that we are handing out goods to newbies, and not letting them develop to stand in their own legs. So one came to Discord to complain that their 1 star trade offering tier3 wasn't picked up fast enough. Shocking, right?

BlueBlou

Illusionist
If they really need to change anything in the low chapters, then it would have to be the size of the t1 buildings. It makes a big difference which one you get and whether you choose to play human or elf. The production per tile is the same, but the production per building is vastly different. I found it far more difficult to balance my little elf marble city than I did for my elf steel city. Same goes for some other buildings. It is only in the later chapters where the footprint sizes are the same that one could say it is a level playing field. But perhaps that was the appeal when we started to play, things were not equal.

SkyRider99

Immortal
But perhaps that was the appeal when we started to play, things were not equal.
And we've been playing by those rules for years, with few complaints, and many ideas and suggestions that were largely ignored. Now Inno pulls the rug out from under us!

1705837674083.png

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
I don't Trout you, seems Bass not to mention what a Kipper Inno is making currently, my fellowship is flabbergasted, wow @Silmaril @Herodite do they want all the older long time players to quit the game???

I honestly can't speak for their motives! My flabber is as gasted as everyones! Just trying to navigate this brave new world as much as I possibly can whilst supporting you guys as well :(

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Those numbers seem impossible to little ol' me. Daily crafting costs were keeping my numbers well down, and the replacement of SFs and CCs from the Spire was niggardly and slow.
O, I am a miser, never one to use all my resources. I think part of the reason why I still have a lot of fragments is due to me not using them all in the cauldron. That pot is a mystery to me at the best of times. CCs are just pure luck in getting more CCs from spire or able to craft the x8 CC in the MA. Been playing FA hard for a few years now which might contribute to higher CC numbers, but I won’t say that is a given. Not that I believe you are “little”, lol

Jake65

Sage
The RRs get me. I really don't see how a smallish city that's not in a 10 chest FS will get enough for every 5th upgrade of an AW.
You can't craft them if you haven't got blueprints and the occasional building that produces them is one per week.
I think this will effectively hobble a lot of players.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
@Silmaril again from feedback, maybe support gets tons of requests but there they are not discussed with other players of the game so any right minded company would ask here first for feedback, maybe the "spotty teens" now in the development room after @InnoGames fired a load of people last year don't see that either, oh Discord, and there is not used by the older generation that actually play this game for more than 3 weeks.
We always ask players to add their feedback/suggestions to the appropriate player space (previously the Forum and now Discord), so that this is indeed shared. Sadly many do not wish to do this.
With regards to game feedback, generally it is accepted that Beta being the test server is the place for this, but I appreciate not everyone wants a Beta account to see the proposed changes prior to them hitting live servers.

dennise

Soothsayer
@Silmaril Inno might be asking for feedback but they certainly don't pay any attention when they get it. I have yet to hear a positive comment about the AW changes. As for testing on beta, this change hit the live worlds 1 week after beta. There is no way they could have tested it adequately in that time. It took them several months to test the ads and that change was insignificant by comparison.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Quite the contrary, had the original release made it from Beta to live we would have had the Martial Monastery/The Sanctuary. Thermal Springs of Youth and the Watchtower Ruins with twice as much Culture effect removed. The developers literally took the base figure that was the original one released in these changes and doubled it.
Refunds for some buildings have also been introduced to grant Combining Catalysts and Royal Restorations, which had never existed before. Further buildings are planned to add to this refunds list as well as introducing different benefits to the new buildings that will arrive in game with each event.
While I appreciate this was on Beta, and not all follow the happenings avidly, this was considerable changes given the first wave of feedback received there.
Currently we are collating feedback via our official Discord channel, so that we can see what aspect of these changes players are not happy about. So far most are happy with the changes to the Ancient Wonders Boosts, but not happy about the costs for Upgrading, seeing these as being too many Combining Catalysts, Royal Restoration and Spell Fragments and asking for these numbers to be reduced OR to increase the availability of them significantly.
I hope this helps to explain where we are currently with this and to remind everyone that this is still unfolding moving forward.

dennise

Soothsayer
Thank you @Silmaril, it's good to see that we will get new benefits in events. This will take a long time to implement however and players need relief now. Players in low level cities don't have the resources to upgrade AWs. Small fellowships can't reach the levels in the spire and tournament that would give many CCs and RRs.

I have decided not to do any more chapter progression in my cities and just do spire, tournament and events. Hopefully I will get enough fun from this that I don't get bored and leave.

I am archmage in 1 of my fellowships and I feel a responsibility to my members. I hope I will be able to reassure them that something is being done to rectify the situation.

I never go to discord and if it wasn't for the great work done by some people in relaying information to the forums I would know nothing about any of these changes. It is nonsensical that vital information about the game is not available ingame. When the forums close I will be completely in the dark.

OldHag

Necromancer
Currently we are collating feedback via our official Discord channel, so that we can see what aspect of these changes players are not happy about. So far most are happy with the changes to the Ancient Wonders Boosts, but not happy about the costs for Upgrading, seeing these as being too many Combining Catalysts, Royal Restoration and Spell Fragments and asking for these numbers to be reduced OR to increase the availability of them significantly.
I don't think anyone is complaining about the changes to AW boosts @Silmaril but the new costs.
May I ask, when the new chapter AWs were released, I remember a lot of complaints about the costs of just those 2 AWS (on Discord) but rather then look at the costs of just those 2 AWS, what on earth possessed @InnoGames to then go and half the costs to those 2, whilst completely changing the costs for all of the older AWs.
Was this really neccessary? I personally believe it wasn't and would have actually preferred you left the costs for the new aws as they were, rather then inflict the new costs on all AWs. Who and why would that be seen as an improvement?
The only people to benefit from this part of the recent changes are the very, very small handful of players who have all their required AWs at max level already (apart from the new levels added to the MM)
I find this particularly unfair on newer players, but also on older players. I seriously hope that @InnoGames consider reversing this part of the 'improvements'.

Lelanya

Mentor
I doubt very much that anything is likely to be reversed. Did you all read the list of bugs that Herodite posted? They need to fix what they broke when introducing the AW changes, maybe after that, they can look at what else needs to be changed to create balance in the game for every player. I believe that there are more things being tweaked or added, we need to be patient.

I am a little worried about the big culture vs armory problem that many end game players seem to be experiencing, however. Is it really necessary for so many players to place 20 to 50 armories? Why is this, are the barracks too fast now? Most importantly why wasn't this mentioned in the feedback threads so it could be tweaked prior to present. This is creating a great deal of anger and frustration.

Hi all.
I carefully read for years everything posted in forums, but it's the first time I'm posting here.
I'm playing for several years this game and my primary goal was to build and maintain a well balanced city. I didn't care for high ranking at all, though I was climbing up day by day. Tournaments, Spire, Fellowship Adventures were more or less helping me in my main goal.
Suddenly 5 days ago I felt like I enter a completely new, strange world/game. Nothing is anymore like it was before the recent changes.
The initial shock of seeing a minus 500k culture, was replaced by an effort to understand what happened in most of my Ancient Wonders: Different (usually poorer) benefits and new requirements/cost. The changes affect almost any part of the game: Productions, fights, trade etc.
A so huge change in the game, with no discussion, no warning, no information, no documentation? Just a vague announcement under the false title: "Improvements to Ancient Wonders bonuses and costs"?
After 5 days of search, calculations and comparisons I gave up. I can't continue. I can't enjoy the game anymore.
The fact that Elvenar Wiki still shows the old data reveals the truth: they are still uncertain about the changes, they are experimenting.
I recently spent tones of CCs and several RRs to build and halfway upgrade my new "Antique Shop" while believing that it will be a new, very expensive and hard to follow change only for the future AWs, but I really can't stand the new cost for every AW upgrade. So I'm sure (if I continue this game) that very soon I won't find a place to invest my KPs anymore.
I will probably stay in the game for a few more days in order to keep in touch with my in-game friends while waiting for Inno's final decision, but anyway I feel betrayed and trapped.
Be united. Stay strong
-Sokrates-