• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Wonky Walter's Questline

DeletedUser9

Hi everyone!

As announced here, Wonky Walter will make his appearance in your town! Please let us know what you think of this questline event in this thread!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar EN Team

DeletedUser2114

I've a question. Well maybe a bit of a rant too :p I played this questline on Beta and am now a proud owner of a tent and it gives good culture too and I enjoyed doing the quests and blah blah. I was looking forward to this coming to the live server for some weeks now but can't help feeling the timing of this is a bit ill timed. Well let me explain. The tent gives out culture, a decent amount too for the space it takes up, 3x4 if memory serves me right.
The culture it gives out is based on the chapter you are in on completion of the quest. So doing the quest in Chapter 4 will give less culture than if you were in Chapter 5 and so on. Now my problem is I was as of last week researching advanced scouts at beginning of Chapter 5 and would have begun Chapter 5 by now only I now find myself back at end of Chapter 4 researching squad size upgrades through no choice of my own. There will be other players who I am sure are in the same situation. Can you see where I'm going with this. If I was supposed to be in Chapter 5 but am now back in Chapter 4 will the tent come with culture points based on where we are now in the tree or where we shoud be if that makes sense. ?

Deleted User - 106219

Since you are in Chapter IV it will come with the bonus for Chapter IV. So you should aim to research the Advanced Scouts for Chapter V BEFORE you complete all quests and receive the reward. If you manage to reach Chapter V and then receive the circus tent it will be with the Chapter V culture bonus.

Tiriake

Soothsayer
I really liked both the fist contest and summer solitice event. With this one I'm a bit worried. Especially if this time also there are quests that require scouting, fighting.

Valnad

Spellcaster
I really liked both the fist contest and summer solitice event. With this one I'm a bit worried. Especially if this time also there are quests that require scouting, fighting.

Seems like the only occurances of scouting objectives can be replaced with producing power of provisions spells. But if you're short of the Magic Academy, then yes, you are going to have a problem.

DeletedUser1991

These quests should be fair for ALL players not just those who are far ahead in the tech tree. I've been punished by the update and was about to move to the next chapter - now I'm back all the way to the beginning of III and have no way of earning extra KP and have no choice but to sit and pick my nose and wait for 1KP/hour. It will be the best part of month before I'm back where I was. I honestly think it's time to find a game where I'm not punished for playing by the manufacturers. As a newish player if this is the way Inno treat their players then perhaps this isn't the game for me!

DeletedUser363

I get the feeling that the timing of this questline is to try and divert our attention. It'll be good to see how many bugs appear with it....being timed to start when the village move happens as well...uh oh!!!:confused::rolleyes:;)

DeletedUser2378

I wish I had an opinion, but I don't until I see what the event-quests are gonna be.
I just like to express the hope that it's gonna be something to the player's advantage & entertainment,
(and will not induce any of the devastating to all consequences of the last update, after which we are all stuck & unable to do any fighting)

Hoping for the best!
:):rolleyes:;)

DeletedUser

The quest that worries me is the one requiring 17 relics..how to gain them without being able to fight to clear provinces (unless of course the quests are different from Beta?)o_O
Tournaments. So I suggest not doing anything in the running tournament until you are at that quest, so you are not at the stuck point when you get there.

DeletedUser363

So I suggest not doing anything in the running tournament until you are at that ques
except that the tournament won't arrive until after I get there, and..I get massacred in the tournaments most of the time now :confused:

DeletedUser

Well you'll have to wait until the tournament starts and negotiate in it, or barring that fail at that quest - which probably a lot of people will considering the status quo.

I do feel like Inno starts events just after nasty updates to sedate the masses. :D

DeletedUser363

I do feel like Inno starts events just after nasty updates to sedate the masses.
They do...but we aren't that gullible ;)

So they want me to use all my goods to negotiate or cater...and therefore not be able to help my fs or neighbours with trade..sounds about right:rolleyes:

DeletedUser2114

The quest that worries me is the one requiring 17 relics..how to gain them without being able to fight to clear provinces (unless of course the quests are different from Beta?)o_O
In Beta tournament relics also counted. And it's possible to gain them in chests from visiting.