• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Winter Magic 2020

Pauly7

Magus
Some event feedback for the devs @Silmaril, if you would be so kind...

It may be that I may just have to accept that I can't play this event in this particular city, but I just wanted to point this out. Quest No. 9 asks me to "fight and win 3 encounters or use 1 pet food". Simple enough for most, but if you have a new city that doesn't have a barracks or troops, because is deciding to play as catering only - then there isn't any practical way to get through this quest.

My only possible solution is to now build the Snowy Owl, craft a pet food and use it - Though if I do this I will only delete the owl again immediately afterwards because I don't have the space that I can give it permanently just at the moment. If I choose this option then perhaps I could use the event just to look for dailies, but do they mean me to lose access to the evolving building?

Pauly7

Magus
But it's the Shuffle Board after all
But the changes they have made have made it fundamentally different. The fact that we can now control when the board shuffles and when we activate the 2x or "reveal 2" boosters, means that we can now pick up the daily prizes much more easily, and it adds a level of strategy also. I've said all this a little further up, but I think this is now better than the misty forest, and possibly even better than the three chest system.

The main prize and the incidental prizes are still rubbish, but that's another matter.

Pauly7

Magus
Why is the main prize rubbish?
Maybe I'm being harsh. It is much improved on its original iteration, as they added a healthy wad of supplies into the mix. It's feeding effect, however, is definitely useless, so as a pet it is rubbish.

On the flip side I think it's great artwork and I think it looks so cool. I've built it in a smaller city and I'm happy with it, but it's not for me on my main one. Several other evolving buildings are better and they're all quite cumbersome considering they can't be teleported.

Hekata

Artisan
My only possible solution is to now build the Snowy Owl, craft a pet food and use it - Though if I do this I will only delete the owl again immediately afterwards because I don't have the space that I can give it permanently just at the moment. If I choose this option then perhaps I could use the event just to look for dailies, but do they mean me to lose access to the evolving building?
Solution n2: craft phoenix egg, use pet food, sell phoenix egg and you can recraft it later.

I think this is now better than the misty forest, and possibly even better than the three chest system.
The new improvements do make it better than the Misty forest but definitely not better than the 3/9 system. At least there I could go for the best out of 3 possibilities and try to get the filler prizes I want. Here it's just luck, and the filler prizes in the shuffle board are always much worse than with the 3 chests. There is no way I could get 3 single relics in a row with the old system and with this one it happens regularly.

Pauly7

Magus
Solution n2: craft phoenix egg, use pet food, sell phoenix egg and you can recraft it later.
That's a good idea. @MinMax Gamer tells me I can just disenchant a pet food to count as using one though. I have one cooking right now, so I'll see if it works.
The new improvements do make it better than the Misty forest but definitely not better than the 3/9 system. At least there I could go for the best out of 3 possibilities and try to get the filler prizes I want. Here it's just luck, and the filler prizes in the shuffle board are always much worse than with the 3 chests. There is no way I could get 3 single relics in a row with the old system and with this one it happens regularly.
Granted, but this just comes down to the prizes not being good, which I agreed on. None of the filler prizes are worth having, but if they released the three chest system with all the incidental prizes being a single relic or 1KP or a useless little culture building, then that would be equally disheartening. All I mean to praise is the mechanics of the new shuffleboard, which actually make it quite interesting. Quite a few times I've got the daily prize early, so that's nice. I can either then shuffle it or just stop. If you don't get the daily prize early then there becomes an increasing chance that you can use the "2x" and the "reveal 2" to your advantage. Shuffling the board costs 45 keys, which can be annoying, but also adds to the strategy a bit.

On one day I got 5 Goblin Gift Shops. On another day I got 5 ice rinks. I didn't spend a huge amount of currency on either occasion. That may have been good luck, but I didn't get the feeling of sinking all the currency into a black hole like the misty forest gave me.

Maximus20

Adventurer
I am new to the game so may be missing something here. I'm at stage iv and feeding the Watchful Owl gives me boosted random standard goods. So I have to spend precious CC to make pet food only to get 3 opportunities of receiving standard goods in return if I feed the owl? Surely I am missing something as this seems the benefit of the building doesn't outway the cost of using it

DeletedUser9850

But the changes they have made have made it fundamentally different. The fact that we can now control when the board shuffles and when we activate the 2x or "reveal 2" boosters, means that we can now pick up the daily prizes much more easily, and it adds a level of strategy also. I've said all this a little further up, but I think this is now better than the misty forest, and possibly even better than the three chest system.

The main prize and the incidental prizes are still rubbish, but that's another matter.
But I think the shuffle board of May Celebration was way better as we had the chances to win more flower or whatever was that, the thing to go further.It many times was 3 for me.And 2 was most.There wasn't any loss;if possible only benefit.

DeletedUser9850

Buy I guess a newer version of WW is here................at last:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Gargon667

Mentor
Some event feedback for the devs @Silmaril, if you would be so kind...

It may be that I may just have to accept that I can't play this event in this particular city, but I just wanted to point this out. Quest No. 9 asks me to "fight and win 3 encounters or use 1 pet food". Simple enough for most, but if you have a new city that doesn't have a barracks or troops, because is deciding to play as catering only - then there isn't any practical way to get through this quest.

you can always craft a bird and feed it?

Gargon667

Mentor
That's a good idea. @MinMax Gamer tells me I can just disenchant a pet food to count as using one though. I have one cooking right now, so I'll see if it works.

Granted, but this just comes down to the prizes not being good, which I agreed on. None of the filler prizes are worth having, but if they released the three chest system with all the incidental prizes being a single relic or 1KP or a useless little culture building, then that would be equally disheartening. All I mean to praise is the mechanics of the new shuffleboard, which actually make it quite interesting. Quite a few times I've got the daily prize early, so that's nice. I can either then shuffle it or just stop. If you don't get the daily prize early then there becomes an increasing chance that you can use the "2x" and the "reveal 2" to your advantage. Shuffling the board costs 45 keys, which can be annoying, but also adds to the strategy a bit.

On one day I got 5 Goblin Gift Shops. On another day I got 5 ice rinks. I didn't spend a huge amount of currency on either occasion. That may have been good luck, but I didn't get the feeling of sinking all the currency into a black hole like the misty forest gave me.

I agree the contents of the presents are utter garbage. But this could be changed separately from the shuffle board.
the daily prizes at least contain troop instants so I have a day or 3 when I can spend my currency, but also this is not related to shuffleboard or not.

My problem with the shuffleboard is that I cannot customize what I get, everybody gets the same random junk. Strategy is basically nonexistant either. All i can do is choose when to use the 3 extra items, I can´t see how it can possibly get more boring. The chests at least were a lot less effort to click and I can choose to go for a certain type of rewards. The shuffleboard still is the worst of all possible options.

Pauly7

Magus
My problem with the shuffleboard is that I cannot customize what I get, everybody gets the same random junk. Strategy is basically nonexistant either.
You can strategise and customise up to a point. First you look at the board before it shuffles and make a mental note (or an actual note) of what any of the little prizes worth winning are, i.e. troop instants, KP, KP instants. Then you start opening doors. Let's assume you are actually looking for the daily prize and you get it halfway through opening them all. You can then consider how much concentration of stuff is left that you still want to win and then decide whether to shuffle or not. If it gets down to the last 4 or 5 squares and there are items you still want, that's when you can bring in your reveal booster, or x 2, or phone a friend, etc.

I know that you are not choosing one item over another, like with the three chest system, but it's not completely devoid of strategy either. Also, with the three chests it was still a lottery because there was still any of about five things you might win and you normally ended up with some relics or rune shards or something.

Deleted User - 2077221

I just want to say for the low level players out there: A lot of Evolving event buildings seem very poor but once you're in higher chapters they actually give mana on par or better than the best crafted buildings.

Save them for later and all the artifacts. Then one day if you can get into a Fellowship that always does 10 chests you'll be set. (And getting 10 chests isn't hard I've outperformed many "optimal" folks who fight and I almost exclusively cater.)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9850

But Misty Forest's one was really wonderful.Like FA a little,the prizes aren't good but the way is magnificent:D:D