• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Winter Magic 2020

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the update to Winter Magic 2020

We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser9850

Ah!!Winter is in Elvenar.And there comes our 1st winter celebrations.
Love Elvenar:D:D:D:D:D

FieryArien

Necromancer
Do the Postal Boxes repopulate automatically after all 16 are opened, or do I need to spend 45 keys to repopulate when fully empty?
Automatically. You are not forced to spend those 45 keys.
Also, as you probably know from past events, the boxes repopulate automatically every day when daily prize changes.

Gargon667

Mentor
Shuffle board, REALLY??? Was that necessary? It was the worst thing ever invented and keeps coming back. I have always hated it and will always hate it and having 3 thingies at the side of the shuffleboard, doesn´t make the shuffleboard into a non-shuffleboard.
The Halloween mechanics were at least fun to play and the "normal" chests are customizable, anything just no shuffleboard please.

Guess at least the worst daily prizes ever from last events have added the troop instants again, so at least there is that...

Sir Derf

Adept
Keeps coming back? Am I misremembering, or is this only the second appearance of the shuffleboard in Elvenar?

Lelanya

Mentor
Shuffle board, REALLY??? Was that necessary? It was the worst thing ever invented and keeps coming back. I have always hated it and will always hate it and having 3 thingies at the side of the shuffleboard, doesn´t make the shuffleboard into a non-shuffleboard.
The Halloween mechanics were at least fun to play and the "normal" chests are customizable, anything just no shuffleboard please.

Guess at least the worst daily prizes ever from last events have added the troop instants again, so at least there is that...
The reshuffle, preview 2 items, and double the prize have been pulled out of the prize selection and are more 'at your discretion '. Give it a try.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Guess we all like different things. I am ok with the shuffle boards. I am not one to want 100’s of a certain event building and the last time we had shuffles, I got my 9 artifacts without needing an FA afterwards. Now they took the fun of trying to hit the double and the preview out. Not the same with it sitting on the side.

FieryArien

Necromancer

Gargon667

Mentor
First: https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/winter-magic.11150/
Second: https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/may-celebrations-event.11970/
And now the third.

Though there really are some improvements now. Taking double, preview and reshuffle away from the possible rewards was a good move.

It is still the same shuffleboard, the idea being everybody receiving the same random prizes rather than have some people that have a strategy get better stuff than people that don´t or heaven forbid, a choice!

Pauly7

Magus
It is still the same shuffleboard, the idea being everybody receiving the same random prizes rather than have some people that have a strategy get better stuff than people that don´t or heaven forbid, a choice!
This is actually way better than previous shuffleboards with the changes that they've made. It's 100% better than the misty forest nonsense and I'd go so far as to say that it may be better now than the old three chest system. As it no longer shuffles until you tell it to, you can sometimes get lucky and win the daily early, or otherwise you can strategise how to proceed. You have the "reveal 2" and the "x2 prize" bonuses in the locker to use whenever you decide. If you haven't won the prize you want when it comes down to the last few squares then you can give yourself a great chance of making up for it by getting two prizes.

The downside - well, all the incidental prizes behind the gifts are still awful. In fact they're probably worse than ever before. The dailies - well there's one nice culture/pop building (Goblin Gift Shop, or something like that) and everything else is fairly underwhelming. Sometimes the daily exclusive is a 2x2 culture building that's worse than the other incidental prizes that you didn't want either.

But the mechanics of the shuffle - This time they've got it right.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
The reshuffle, preview 2 items, and double the prize have been pulled out of the prize selection and are more 'at your discretion '. Give it a try.
How often does one get these ‘helpers’? Once a day, once a shuffle or only once for the whole event?

FieryArien

Necromancer
How often does one get these ‘helpers’? Once a day, once a shuffle or only once for the whole event?
Once every X opened boxes.15 for preview, 17 for double. And no, excess open boxes don’t count. You have to use the preview or double to start “charging it” again.
19BCC518-5BC9-4D8D-B31A-02CF8291150D.jpeg

Killiak

Artisan
Good things:
- Art is wonderful
- The evolvable stats aren't THAT horrible.
- The quests are proper, no forced scouting and encounter solving. Keep this, really, this is good!

Bad things:
- The feeding effect of the winter owl is laughable. 24 hours only, so at best you can get 6 help chests, for a pittance of goods.
- Shuffle board.
- Shuffle board awful prizes. A single relic... REALLY?
- The daily prizes don't 'wow' me. Only the Goblin Gift Shop seems interesting.

Seriously. The backlash on the shuffleboard was huge, and yet you keep bringing it back. Even with the specials pulled out of the board, it still remains a crappy system, that brings nothing but annoyance and anger.
I will repeat what I said on the subject before: "NOTHING you can or will do, will make this awful system worth a damn. NEVER bring it back"

Edit:
@anonglitch @Silmaril @Herodite
- If you are going to EDIT my post, you really should let it show that a mod edited it.
- If you are going to edit my post, don't do it when I am still working on it
- If you are going to edit my post for profanity, LET ME KNOW what was wrong with it.

Last edited:

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@Killiak it was I who edited the post... I apologise if you didn't receive the notification, I requested one be sent explaining the reason for the edit. The post was fine, it was a couple of words used that I had to edit as per Forum Guidelines.

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Killiak

Artisan
@Killiak it was I who edited the post... I apologise if you didn't receive the notification, I requested one be sent explaining the reason for the edit. The post was fine, it was a couple of words used that I had to edit as per Forum Guidelines.

Kind Regards

Herodite.

That still doesn't tell me which word it was that caused the issue. I only got a message about "profanity", when to my opinion not a single profanity was uttered. Perhaps the word filter is a little too strict there, yeah?

If it is about the word I think it is about, oh boy, I could make a post that would make your brain short circuit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Timneh

Artisan
Sad to see the return of the shuffle board but it was not a surprise. It was introduced on FoE well before it was introduced here and it was hated just as much there as it is here but the outcry from the players was ignored there just like it has been here. Lets be honest ignoring the players views is what INNO does best unless it is what they want to hear or they can twist it in some way. I don't see the shuffle board going away any time soon.