• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Warning sign when using too large time instants

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Can we please get a warning sign when we are about to use time instants on a timer that requires less than the instant is worth?

We get these sort of warning signs when we're about to use kp instants that are worth more than what a certain kp progress bar needs, can we please also get this for the time instants? It happens just a few times too often to me (and to more people with me, judging by reactions in my FS and on Discord) that a bigger time instant is wasted on a very short count down clock and it really hurts when that happens :p

So can we please get a warning/confirmation screen?

Pauly7

Magus
+1 from me. It's very easy to be clicking away at time instants and not realise that you've hit the big dog by accident. I've done it more times than I can count... Almost as many times as when I've selected the wrong trade to take on the mobile app.

We get a warning when it's something less important like coins or supplies.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@C-Nymph Excellent idea. To be honest I didn't even realise it didn't come with a warning. I'll take this forward for you and see what they say! :)

Out of interest though, do we agree that it's more the larger Time Instants we would prefer these warnings on?

Kind Regards

Herodite.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Out of interest though, do we agree that it's more the larger Time Instants we would prefer these warnings on?

O yes, just the really big ones. I always go over, by intention, as I don’t like to wait 5 minutes if I already sped up the other part. The 20hr and 40hr ones are the ones I think might be worth a warning, definitely not the rest.

Lol, @Pauly7, quite interesting if you suddenly only have 7 marble after taking a big trade by accident.

Pauly7

Magus
I think it should apply to any time instant where time is going to be wasted. I would rather click another button to confirm I'd like to proceed. It's much like the diamond confirmation. People have the option to disable that so it could be the same idea.

cwgiii

Shaman
I think it should apply to any time instant where time is going to be wasted. I would rather click another button to confirm I'd like to proceed. It's much like the diamond confirmation. People have the option to disable that so it could be the same idea.

Agreed. And probably easier to code for, IMHO.

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Definitely! We all miss clicked a huge boost for something shorter! :cool:
Trick: Have one 20h booster, and do not spend it, get used to always have it there. After two weeks, you will be used to it (and maybe you have extras.) As silly as it sounds, it helps!

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Trick: Have one 20h booster, and do not spend it, get used to always have it there. After two weeks, you will be used to it (and maybe you have extras.) As silly as it sounds, it helps!
I always have multiple of every sort, so far that hasn't prevented any miss click :(

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Lol, they very much do. We got them during an event in the past. Would be nice to get them again.

View attachment 4890
Must've not registered them into my long term memory then, as I have been playing from the beginning. However, now that I see your screenshot, some tiny little bell is ringing in the distance...

Morning Town

Alchemist
I think for me it sometimes a case of unexpectedly running out of a particular one then they all kind of shuffle over and you can quickly click the wrong one.
I notice it when switching from PC to App and back, differing layouts ;)

Sir Derf

Adept
I would say that there are at least four levels of useful warning thresholds
  1. Warning when you are spending a larger Time Boost when you have a smaller and sufficient Time Boost in your inventory.
  2. Warning when you are spending a larger Time Boost when a smaller and sufficient Time Boost exists, but not necessarily in your inventory.
  3. Warning when you are spending a larger Time Boost with more than x% being wasted.
  4. Warning when you are spending a larger Time Boost regardless of if you are wasting from 1 second to 99%.

Sir Derf

Adept
...which is #4.

It might be slightly nicer to have a little leeway, though. If you start a 2 hour upgrade, it will be several seconds before you can go to apply a 2 hour boost, and some might be annoyed by a warning over a matter of seconds, hence #3.

#2 is kindof useless, but included for completeness.

As for #1, some might find the warning useful only if there was actually a viable alternative. Even more useful would be if the game actually suggested using the most appropriate single time-boost instead.

Gargon667

Mentor
I don´t really want constant warnings to pop up. I´d rather waste an occasional boost than having to click a warning message every time.
So make the warnings optional.

Also I would make the warnings only if I spend more extra than necessary. For example I have 12h left, I would like the warning on a 20h booster, but not on a 14h booster. That way it minimizes pop-ups and losses. I guess that is Sir Derfs number 2 ;) (see if number 2 is on the ban list as well)

Julian

Sorcerer
I certainly agree that we could do with a time warning. I've used a 20h one when I meant to use 2h. But I'd suggest not bothering if it's less that around 5mins.