• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Warning sign when using too large time instants

Pauly7

Magus
I worry that this suggestion is going to be derailed by getting over complicated. It should be a simple confirmation option that opens a dialogue to say that some of the value of the time instant will be wasted - do you wish to proceed. Just like the diamond confirmation, there should be an option to disable it. Simple, and very easy for the devs to implement. It won't harm anyone because you would just be able to disable it and things would remain as they were.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Or otherwise, to keep it really simple; give us an undo button :p

Doesn't need to be complex, just an undo button so you can undo whatever move you made in the last minute.

Usually it's an "oh *peep* I didn't mean to click that!" action that needs a quick fix, so nothing major that needs complex coding, and for fear of it being exploited you could give it a 1 minute countdown or something, so it's really only for those accidental clicks.

And an undo button could not only help with accidental spending of the wrong time instant, but it can also catch those "oh derp, I didn't want to start that scout" moments, as we also can not cancel scouts after we've started them accidentally, been there done that lol ;)
So, multiple birds with one stone, hooray!

But indeed, please don't make it as complex as Sir Derf suggests, as that is in no way the intention I had with posting this suggestion! He can post his own complex suggestion in another thread if he wishes :)

Sir Derf

Adept
You do realize that I gave four different, mutually exclusive options, not a four-tiered hierarchy?

And that one of the four was exactly what you asked for?

DeletedUser5093

I would like to see this for any time instant that is significantly larger than the remaining time. I frequently use a 5hr instant when there's 4.5hrs left, or things like that, which isn't a big difference, and it would get annoying to have a warning for that every time. Likewise, if I spend a 15 minute instant when I have 11 minutes left, that's no big deal. However if I click on the 20 hour instant when I really want the 14 hour instant next to it I would really like a warning stopping that mis-click from happening. Perhaps if this only applied if the instant was at least 10% or 30 minutes too large?

C-Nymph

Necromancer
@Herodite Any word on this yet? More than six months have passed since asking, so I thought it was time to check up on this ;)

Clicking the wrong time instant is still very very annoying and bothersome, without getting a warning when the selected time booster is worth at least 1 hour more than the countdown time requires... Should be just as easy to implement I suppose as the warning that is already in place for using kp instants that are larger than the kp demand.

I'd really like to get an update on this please :) Thanks in advance!

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Greetings @C-Nymph I do have an update on this but firstly may I apologise for not getting back to you guys. Unfortunately our Devs declined this Idea stating that the Boosters are already well labelled. There is still a record of this suggestion though, and as you know there are consistent updates to various aspects of the Game. So whilst it is a No on this occasion, it may be something they consider in the future.

Sorry about that Guys!

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@Gargon667 I think the Devs are suggesting that we be more vigilant with our Time Boosters. The issue was, of course, accidentally using a larger Time Instant than what was required. I've done it myself and agree that a prompt would have been perfect in those situations. Sadly however, it's something that the Devs aren't considering at this time.

Gargon667

Mentor
@Gargon667 I think the Devs are suggesting that we be more vigilant with our Time Boosters. The issue was, of course, accidentally using a larger Time Instant than what was required. I've done it myself and agree that a prompt would have been perfect in those situations. Sadly however, it's something that the Devs aren't considering at this time.

That´s exactly how it interpreted the message, too.
I am just saying that the "reason" for not implementing the suggestion is completely nonsensical, because it has nothing to do with the problem. It is of no importance how big a number is printed on an icon if you click it by accident. Nobody reads a 14, clicks it and then thinks oh if it had been printed bigger I had clicked the 8 instead.

An honest answer would have been: "No, we are not interested in fixing the problem, we have no time for this right now" hopefully adding "we are working on XYZ right now, which is far more exciting :D" But that´s never going to happen I am afraid, so we´ll keep getting non-answers as always...

Pauly7

Magus
That´s exactly how it interpreted the message, too.
I am just saying that the "reason" for not implementing the suggestion is completely nonsensical, because it has nothing to do with the problem. It is of no importance how big a number is printed on an icon if you click it by accident. Nobody reads a 14, clicks it and then thinks oh if it had been printed bigger I had clicked the 8 instead.

An honest answer would have been: "No, we are not interested in fixing the problem, we have no time for this right now" hopefully adding "we are working on XYZ right now, which is far more exciting :D" But that´s never going to happen I am afraid, so we´ll keep getting non-answers as always...
I agree entirely. However, at least it's an answer, so thanks @Herodite.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Indeed, thank you for getting back to us with that answer @Herodite, even if it wasn't the answer we wanted to hear ;)

Stucon

Illusionist
Easy solution.
A button that undoes the last action.
Solves everything.
And my IT friends tell me it is relatively simple to programme.
Just saying

Gargon667

Mentor
Just yesterday I opened a 9h gate with a 14h boost lol. And no I was no confused, i just clicked too fast lol.