• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Visual glitch on enchantments

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Seems this bug from beta (forum link to bug, discord link to bug) made it to Live worlds with today's update.

Game version: v1.184.1-(524a44e) - html5 (2023-09-26 09:55)
Game world: EN1 Arendyll
Browser + version: Google Chrome Version 109.0.5414.120
Operating System: Win7
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
Account name: C-Nymph
Humans or Elves: Elf

Reproducibility: 5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Current situation: Visual glitch when moving mouse over enchanted buildings. Happens when first logging in. Disappears with a refresh. Reappears again after having visited the World Map, the Spire, or the Tech Tree (i.e. visiting any in-game feature that requires a full screen reload instead of just opening a smaller menu screen).

Expected situation: No visual glitch and just the happy sparkles of my enchantments ;)

Reproduction Steps
1. Open the game
2. Notice the glitches on enchantments
3. Refresh
4. Notice the glitches have disappeared
5. Visit the World Map/Spire/Tech tree
6. Go back to City
7. Notice the glitches have reappeared
8. Refresh
9. Notice they have disappeared again
10. Rinse repeat steps 5 to 9 to see it happen every single time.

Since it's hard to catch it in a screenshot because it appears mostly with mouse movements, I made a screen capture video:

Last edited:

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Here's another screen capture video showing the visual glitches don't only appear when you hover your mouse over the enchantments, but also when moving the mouse over non-enchanted buildings:

Jake65

Sage
Managed to get a screenshot of a weird prism effect on my magic workshop.

PrismaticWorkshop.jpg

Edit to add:
I get the effect by mouse-overing (or mousing over? who knows, haha) the workshop and then shifting the mouse to hover over another building.
As I pass the mouse over different buildings, the visual effect on the workshop changes.
Actually looks pretty cool but I'll accept the fix ;)

Last edited:
and what in the name of sam hill is the planks tournament? It just started and I can find no details about any of it. sigh.

My city is like a discotheque now hurting my eyes after everything is still spelled up to complete ch21 mana requirements.
oh that does sound exciting, if blinding. Mine is only on three or four places, but it's quite striking. sort of.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
and what in the name of sam hill is the planks tournament? It just started and I can find no details about any of it. sigh.
What chapter are you in? Because tournaments only unlock in chapter 4. You also have to be a member of a fellowship to be able to take part.
So it could be that you saw a message pop up that a tournament started, but that you don't have access to it yet...

Here's some more info: https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Tournaments

OldHag

Necromancer
Apparently everyone needs to raise a ticket so that they can be sure it's happening. So the more, the merrier, assuming you've got the flickering lights going on.

m4rt1n

Adept
ok, I got a response from support, and it worked for me.
If you go to options (bottom left hand corner, the little cog, above the big cog) and the graphics tab, you can change your city graphic quality from high to medium or low, medium seems to have worked for me. :)

Open then close the world map then see, I tried all that advice already.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Open then close the world map then see, I tried all that advice already.
Exactly, I've always had my city graphic quality on low already because otherwise the lag gets even worse, and I still had this visual glitch, so sadly this is not the solution...