• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Video Ad's

SkyRider99

Immortal
Come over to Arendyll mate and we'll see what we can do. :p

1686186318168.png

This is still test period, what will be happen if no one of the players watch the ads videos and refuse to receive these small rewards? May be there is no need of general decision to delete the cities - simply ignore the ads, don't receive the rewards and the devs will release that this is not good idea for here, but the problem is that many players use the ads and receive the rewards

SkyRider99

Immortal
simply ignore the ads, don't receive the rewards and the devs will release that this is not good idea for here, but the problem is that many players use the ads
Yep. A similar problem ensures the persistence of so-called social media apps. But good luck putting that genie back in the bottle. :confused:

1686201169398.png

The Hobby Room isn’t a game changer but it is helpful and for the sake of watching 4 ads a day I’m not gonna complain about the effort/reward ratio.

However, the clickable ad drops in the city are a bit meh. The ads are longer but the rewards are much worse than that offered by the Hobby Room, despite the longer watch. Here the effort/reward ratio is comparatively exponentially worse. But, again, it’s effectively something for nothing (other than seconds of your time); so, again, can’t really complain.

However, today I experienced my first clickable ad that completed its run through but gave no option to close the window. This was via the Elvenar app and everywhere I clicked sent me to the download page but still no icon to close the ad was forthcoming.

In the end I had to force quit the game and reload, as there was no way to get back to my city. As a result, there was no reward window and, presumably, no reward was awarded. This was for the Viking Rise ad. I attach the screenshot showing no way to close the ad.

Who do I complain to about this to get my ickle reward?

Attachments

• Viking Rise ad.jpg
    Viking Rise ad.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

dennise

Soothsayer
I have a lot of trouble with the city ads. They come up but won't time out and I have to quit my city to unfreeze things. Its got to the stage where I only click on them when I'm about to leave the city anyway, so I don't have to keep going back and fore. The other ads work fine. I think there must be a glitch in the system somewhere. It only seems to happen with the wide ads. The narrow ones are fine. I have no idea how many rewards I've missed out on. I've also noticed that the first ad or two of the day come up with disable adblocker even though I don't have it. A few seconds later I can do one with no problems.

Killiak

Artisan
simply ignore the ads, don't receive the rewards and the devs will release that this is not good idea for here

Except it is not the Devs who decide these things. Inno management does, and they just give the devs an order to put this thing into the game.
And as long as the financial side is positive, this is here to stay.

OldHag

Necromancer
Just curious @Herodite but how much longer is this ads 'test' running for, is it until someone buys something? ;)

OldHag

Necromancer
Finally, I got the hobby room and little purple movie film rolls turning up in my city yesterday. I didn't know what the little purple thing was, so it took a bit of time to pluck up the courage to click on it, but it's ok, I did it and my computer didn't die, so I'm happy with that. :)

dennise

Soothsayer
Have you noticed the 3 free KP a day in research, @OldHag? I found them very useful. Unfortunately I have now lost the ads and I have no idea when I'll get them back.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Right guys! May have a little work around for those who may be missing the Hobby Room or Ads on the Browser! (I had to do it myself earlier)

If you're able, log out of your Game on the browser, and log into your Game on the App using whatever device you can. It SHOULD kick things into touch!

Make sure all of your ad settings are set to where you want them to be (if you want the ads, turn the ad blocker off) do a cache clear and all that jazz!

If you've exhausted all of the above and you're still struggling, send a ticket into Support :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

kimkimkim

Summoner
Right guys! May have a little work around for those who may be missing the Hobby Room or Ads on the Browser! (I had to do it myself earlier)

If you're able, log out of your Game on the browser, and log into your Game on the App using whatever device you can. It SHOULD kick things into touch!

Make sure all of your ad settings are set to where you want them to be (if you want the ads, turn the ad blocker off) do a cache clear and all that jazz!

If you've exhausted all of the above and you're still struggling, send a ticket into Support :)

Kind Regards

Herodite
@Herodite will this also work for those players that have yet to receive the hobby room or for just the ones who had it but lost it?

OldHag

Necromancer
Have you noticed the 3 free KP a day in research, @OldHag? I found them very useful. Unfortunately I have now lost the ads and I have no idea when I'll get them back.
No, not yet, but I did get a good advert for curtains, which I just happen to be looking for at the moment.....lol :)