• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.22

BekBel

Adventurer
Do remember that by researching this technology you also had access to the Tournaments feature, including all its rewards. This also gave an advantage, including lots of Knowledge Points, Relics and Rune Shards that you wouldn't have had otherwise.

This may be, kind of, true for many of us. But I would point out that there are many newer players who probably researched Tournaments in the weeks, even days leading up to the change. Some members of my FS researched tourneys a week or two before the changes. They had no choice, they had to research tourneys to move along the tech tree. Some people may not have even had a chance to do a single tourney before the change - that is most certainly wasted KP and resources to unlock the research for such newer players.

DeletedUser2884

Do remember that by researching this technology you also had access to the Tournaments feature, including all its rewards. This also gave an advantage, including lots of Knowledge Points, Relics and Rune Shards that you wouldn't have had otherwise.

Another blatant Lie told by the Inno Team. This was questioned in Beta, it is being questioned now and the best you can come up with is a lie as an answer.

Researching Tournaments did not have any rewards other then being able to continue to play the game. If we did not research we could not progress even if we never entered a single tourney. Which is where the rewards came from not from the research which only blocked our progress.
We still had to actually go to the tourney and compete by spending resources on troops or resources on catering then and only then did we have a chance at any reward from the tourney.
The change to not needing to research, simply stole 40 KP from those that researched the tourney as we were forced to do as we did not have a choice not to.
This was brought up in beta and on live in the feedback just to be IGNORED yet again by Inno and then we are lied to by being told there were rewards to researching and spending the wasted KP, because we had a choice, yet in reality we actually had no choice.

Timneh

Artisan
Can we give the kp issue a rest please. Those 40 kp really dont matter, for all you know they reimburse us with 40kp but make the next research they add 40 kp more expensive.
They determin the price and its all virtual currency anyway.

For me it is not an issue of the price they charged for the research of the tourneys in the tech tree it is about the fact that we were forced to do that research to be able to progress further and then that research was removed.
If no KPs were used from clearing provinces or neighbourly help or anything other than the ones we get every hour then the tourney research took over one and a half days to complete. You may be happy to have used 40 KPs for something that was later taken away from you and yes you are correct that it is all virtual currency but it is more about the principle that we were forced to do the research in the first place. WE are all entitled to our own opinion but i can't help thinking you are in the minority on this one.

Killiak

Artisan
Can we give the kp issue a rest please. Those 40 kp really dont matter, for all you know they reimburse us with 40kp but make the next research they add 40 kp more expensive.
They determin the price and its all virtual currency anyway.

No. We cannot when Inno reps insist on clinging to false arguments. I will give it a rest if THEY;
- Admit their argument is flawed (we already pointed this out several times)
- Either cough up 40KP or flat out tell us it won't happen.

I said something before about proper communication in this thread. Disregarding players and hoping an issue will pass by keeping quiet is NOT part of that.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
Yes. Like the military units and buildings that we were all forced to research in spite of abundant evidence that people now negotiate for provinces instead of fighting. I consider that a huge waste of KP. Particularly since this is a city building game. Right?
Exactly what i mean with, they decide how and where we have to put kp in. You could be whining about those 300 or more kp you put into research and then you dont use either. They decide what we need to do, and if they change it later, thats up to them.

If i was an inno dev and was reading all this. I would say fine heres 40kp for everyone. But the next advanced scout would suddenly be 80kp more expensive then planned. Nothing anyone could do about it, and its 80 (instead of 40) more because of all the whining.
All this reimbursing costs developer time too, so it effectivly costs money too.

And yes it totally understand its about the principle, but theres far worse things inno does then not give back 40kp.

Timneh

Artisan
I don't know about you guys but i think the simplest way to have avoided this would have been to simply leave the tournament research where it was and not remove it.
I totally agree with what you are saying Killiak, any answer is better than no answer and i have to admit that i am a little disappointed that we have not had any more comments from Muf-Muf. Maybe he is too busy with other things.

DeletedUser1353

Have to agree with Heymrdiedier, feels like you're making a mountain out of a molehill with this 40 KP issue. All I see is that they are making the game easier/more comfortable for new players.

And I'm not sure how easy it would be for the devs to make this 40 KP payback happen eithe, would rather see them spend their time on bugs and new features.

Killiak

Artisan
This 40KP issue is just the drop that makes the bucket spill, or the proverbial straw if you will.

I just want a straight up honest answer.

DeletedUser1829

Personally I thought the answer was pretty clear. They gave a reason why you aren't going to get the KP back. You don't have to like it but you did get an answer.

While the path we have to follow like research in this game is the same we have a lot of free choice in how we work with the options provided. Inno expected we would make use of the benefit of tournaments and if we did we got a significant gain from it. If you want to say you traded goods for what you got, great, take your 40kp and divide it but the number of tournaments you did and add it to the cost of trading you did. personally the people who have a right to be upset are those who only just got the research and didn't get any benefit from it, this would be a very small number of people.

Bottom line is we are not going to get the 40KP back.

DeletedUser2884

In that case there must be reasons why those accounts are not deleted. Mind you, if someone logs in to the account (even without performing any action), it will still be seen as an active account. And if someone is still logging in to it on a regular basis, then we really should not be deleting their progress, of course.

This could be your problem then This is a browser game there is no need to log out just close the browser. I know in my FS we had to teach people to log out so they did not appear to be online and in chat when people typed /who. Some thought they were just being ignored when they asked question or said trades up.
How many of these cities that never progress actually logged out and therefore your system thinks they are still active.
When clearly they are not based on the amount of feedback.

On another note 1.22 has been delayed?
Hope beyond hope that someone somewhere is actually listening to feedback and going to fix things first.
Wishful thinking I am sure.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
This could be your problem then This is a browser game there is no need to log out just close the browser. I know in my FS we had to teach people to log out so they did not appear to be online and in chat when people typed /who. Some thought they were just being ignored when they asked question or said trades up.
How many of these cities that never progress actually logged out and therefore your system thinks they are still active.
When clearly they are not based on the amount of feedback.

Hope beyond hope that someone somewhere is actually listening to feedback and going to fix things first.
Wishful thinking I am sure.
Being logged in is not the reason, every account that reaches chapter 3 or bought any diamands ever (dont know what happens if you get free diamonds) those never get deleted

DeletedUser1353

From the release note post:

Dear Humans and Elves,

Unfortunately we will not be able to update tomorrow (February 1st). We found some problems with the new version that we want to address and resolve before updating our worlds for you. We hope to be able to do this soon and aim to offer you the new version later this week. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser2884

Being logged in is not the reason, every account that reaches chapter 3 or bought any diamands ever (dont know what happens if you get free diamonds) those never get deleted

I am not talking about well developed cities that get moved out to the ort cloud eventually that stopped playing.
I am talking about the hundreds of starter cities that have 2 residences 2 workshops and nothing else that have been around for 3+ months and get replaced with another one that is also inactive at the same point of development when and if they get deleted.

From the release note post:

Dear Humans and Elves,

Unfortunately we will not be able to update tomorrow (February 1st). We found some problems with the new version that we want to address and resolve before updating our worlds for you. We hope to be able to do this soon and aim to offer you the new version later this week. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Yes I read that I knew it was delayed I was questioning if that meant that someone somewhere finally read all the feedback and decided to make fixes first before going live.

@Muf-Muf
I also wonder if that means the Valentines event is also delayed?
Does anyone know if it will still start Feb 2nd and what time if so

Last edited by a moderator:

Killiak

Artisan
Personally I thought the answer was pretty clear. They gave a reason why you aren't going to get the KP back. You don't have to like it but you did get an answer.

An answer that was proven to be false (or rather, a very weak argument) and not an actual answer to the question.The rest of your post is just assumption.

I already said that I want a straight up answer, and I will continue asking the question untill I get it.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2886

If it's true that the wholesaler will increase the prices, then that's the reason why I will quit playing this game immediately. I make progress due to the wholesaler, it's a slow but effective tactic for me at least. Good god, I hope I'm reading this all wrong.

And indeed:
Rule of thumb, Golden Rule, Number One: NEVER EVER fix something if it ain't broken.

History lessons for you dear gents and galls: many tragic disasters were caused by breaking the above rule.

1) many things in this game need fixing

2) they "fixed" their own diamond system by recently hiking up the price by 25% on all diamond purchases. was it "broken" before at -25%?

DeletedUser2886

Innogames should really look up the definition of the word balance. Like I said last time with the other "update" just a load of irrelevant trash here and ignorant to the real issues that would improve the game immensely.

Also if they want to get more people to buy diamonds then my advice is don't price hike all diamond purchases by 25%, and then make wholesaler trading employ the same cancerous increase in cost every purchase that buying KP does.

Someone here has mentioned don't fix what isn't broken. I would say they keep further smashing things up that are already broken. "Oh its has some slight markings, lets fix it. Nah lets smash it to pieces since its already broken"

Last edited by a moderator:

Timneh

Artisan
1) many things in this game need fixing

2) they "fixed" their own diamond system by recently hiking up the price by 25% on all diamond purchases. was it "broken" before at -25%?

Make a list of all the things you think need to be fixed and post them on here Muf-Muf said they are always happy to hear from players about such things (just a pity he did not also say they would act on them).