• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.158

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the update to version 1.158.

We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Laurelin

Sorcerer
The US Forum states that this version is (was?) due to be introduced on 18th August vs our 16th? In either case, my own game client is currently:

v.1.158.3-subvariant_20-08-2022.jpg

... so I'm wondering : what are the extra alphanumeric parameters following the 1.158? I've rarely seen such a complex game version number.

NB : My game client is certainly different from several of my FS-mates, if only in terms of my Tournament parameters, which have been largely unlike those of most of my FS for the entirety of the current 9-week Tourney cycle - different Maps and very different Enemy Unit combos, and possibly different rewards, too, unless there have always been rewards of only 1 KP per Round, in all Provinces up to No.31, throughout Rounds 1-4...? I honestly am not sure, now that I think about it - but I seem to recall that at least one of those earlier Rounds usually offers more than 1 KP per Province, either for all Provinces, or at least for Province No. 10 and higher. Can anyone assist with my own terrible memory on this?

My guess is that it's just one of the A/B tests which mobile games often use but rarely tell players about, myself naturally included, but I can ask... :D

AsterObelix

Alchemist
The US Forum states that this version is (was?) due to be introduced on 18th August vs our 16th? In either case, my own game client is currently:

View attachment 6531

... so I'm wondering : what are the extra alphanumeric parameters following the 1.158? I've rarely seen such a complex game version number.

NB : My game client is certainly different from several of my FS-mates, if only in terms of my Tournament parameters, which have been largely unlike those of most of my FS for the entirety of the current 9-week Tourney cycle - different Maps and very different Enemy Unit combos, and possibly different rewards, too, unless there have always been rewards of only 1 KP per Round, in all Provinces up to No.31, throughout Rounds 1-4...? I honestly am not sure, now that I think about it - but I seem to recall that at least one of those earlier Rounds usually offers more than 1 KP per Province, either for all Provinces, or at least for Province No. 10 and higher. Can anyone assist with my own terrible memory on this?

My guess is that it's just one of the A/B tests which mobile games often use but rarely tell players about, myself naturally included, but I can ask... :D
I'm on browser. To answer your points :
1) We have the same version number (including the same date and time).
2) We all get different fights (they are randomly determined) in tournament and spire. Recently checked with another fellow in my FS.
3) I still get 4 kp's in rounds 2 and 5 in province 10 and higher (at least till province 47).

owl76

Bard
I see the same for the version information on PC.

On the Android app, I currently have: Version 1.158.2-d17d29e-256 (en 1.158)

The extra alphanumeric characters following the version number are the identifier for the version of the source code in the version control code repository that inno uses.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
I see the same for the version information on PC.
Thanks - I'm very interested in why I'm seeing (in particular) such different Tourneys at the moment - I'm PC only, and don't use mobile at all.
On the Android app, I currently have: Version 1.158.2-d17d29e-256 (en 1.158)
So that means (?) that the browser and mobile client don't use the same naming conventions? Or are on different versions at present? Or neither?
The extra alphanumeric characters following the version number are the identifier for the version of the source code in the version control code repository that inno uses.
And what does that imply, if anything? I often roam around software looking at various things like version numbers, but I know nothing about programming as such beyond [vague] HTML, AmigaBasic, and DOS 5.0, and those aren't even real programming... certainly by modern standards!

Laurelin

Sorcerer
I'm on browser. To answer your points :
1) We have the same version number (including the same date and time).
Thanks - also very interesting. My own game client was also updated twice this week before the 1.158 Update : once on Tuesday, once on Wednesday. Did that happen to you (or anyone else) as well? There were in-game notices that the Server was re-starting, so it wasn't a glitch etc. I also had extremely [unplayably] bad lag throughout last Saturday afternoon, and again yesterday - for several hours, in Elvenar only. Anyone else too?

2) We all get different fights (they are randomly determined) in tournament and spire. Recently checked with another fellow in my FS.
Well, yes, some randomness is involved, but there are always [predictable] predominant Enemy Unit types : one type in Tier 1 Tourneys, two in Tier 2, and three in Tier 3, in each of the nine Tourneys, as recorded by [amongst others, but primarily] Dony [Beta Combat expert] in a chart which I've kept for reference since the the Tourneys were [most] significantly altered back in 2020 - and the Spire usually has similar Tourney-related Unit types too, each week, although in even more predictable and less random [typically] 2 + 3 patterns of only two predominant Unit types (usually). Plus/minus the odd randomly thrown-in counter-Unit Squad here and there, of course, in both Tourney and Spire.

However, in my case at the moment, where I'd normally expect to see (example) predominantly HR + Mage, I'm seeing (example) predominantly LR + LM (that is : totally different types from normal, and some combos I've never seen before), and in this cycle, the second-most difficult Tourney was (believe it or not) Steel, usually my easiest type because I don't yet have all-3* Merc Camp Units (I'm in Ch.XII Elementals), with only the current Magic Dust Tourney, so far, being more difficult, but even that hasn't got the same primary Unit types I'd usually see. In other words, what I'm seeing is VERY different from the norm, not in terms of Squad Size progression but in Enemy Squad compositions, and the Maps (mostly very familiar by now) are in about 50% of cases new to me - speaking as a Manual fighter for 4½ years who almost never Auto-fights or Caters.

The main difference in both Enemy Unit combos and Maps appears, to me, to be the fact that while the AI still (and as usual in my experience) seems to expect the player to use nothing but all-3* Merc Camp-only [possibly plus Human Priests] Units, based upon how it places both its own and, during trial runs, the player's Units, the Maps and the Enemy combos I'm seeing at present are quite often more easily defeated by Barracks Troops, which the AI can't use well, or sometimes at all for certain Unit types (the issue is the move / strike range plus the expected HP & damage), without heavy losses especially for Auto-fight players. I have a theory about why this might be, but I won't bore on about that here.

3) I still get 4 kp's in rounds 2 and 5 in province 10 and higher (at least till province 47).
Then my own version of Round 2 was indeed as different as I think it was - I was surprised to see all 1 KP rewards, throughout, up to Province 31 (Squad Sizes are too large for me to comfortably replace losses beyond that level in Rounds 3+, at more than 5 x my Barracks Squad Size). Round 5 for me has the usual 4 KP per Round in Provinces 10+ though. I have no idea how this can be the case, if I have the same software version as you, and others who are seeing a normal Tourney pattern? But as I've said above - my knowledge of such things is about zero, although I'm still trying to work it out... more for my own interest than anything else, really, but then again, that's a good enough motive in any game, I hope... :)

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Then my own version of Round 2 was indeed as different as I think it was - I was surprised to see all 1 KP rewards, throughout, up to Province 31 (Squad Sizes are too large for me to comfortably replace losses beyond that level in Rounds 3+, at more than 5 x my Barracks Squad Size). Round 5 for me has the usual 4 KP per Round in Provinces 10+ though. I have no idea how this can be the case, if I have the same software version as you, and others who are seeing a normal Tourney pattern? But as I've said above - my knowledge of such things is about zero, although I'm still trying to work it out... more for my own interest than anything else, really, but then again, that's a good enough motive in any game, I hope... :)

I'd contact support as it's very odd that you would have a different version than anyone else.

schadenfreude

Enchanter
@Laurelin Too bad you can't get the version where you get more chances at winning 500d in the MA!

Both my US and EN cities are showing same versions though.
EN: v1.158.3-(6ba9a3e) - html5 (2022-08-18 10:28)
US: v1.158.3-(6ba9a3e) - html5 (2022-08-18 10:28)

Skallywag

Spellcaster

And what does that imply, if anything? I often roam around software looking at various things like version numbers, but I know nothing about programming as such beyond [vague] HTML, AmigaBasic, and DOS 5.0, and those aren't even real programming... certainly by modern standards!
As a person just playing the game, it really signifies nothing. For developers, it can be used to identify exactly what code is in a particular version -- useful for debugging. That's about it.

+1 for being an Amiga person BTW :cool: