• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Update to 0.21 - Fellowships!

DeletedUser3

Dear Elves and Humans,

This is the discussion thread for the update to 0.21. The release notes can be found here. We look forward to hearing your feedback!

DeletedUser

Will there be a "fellowship" page? I see the invite to join or found but will we get to see sizes, locations?, etc? Joining a fellowship with no one close to you will that be a disadvantage or not? Do humans and elves co-mingle? in fellowships?

DeletedUser66

Will there be a "fellowship" page? I see the invite to join or found but will we get to see sizes, locations?, etc? Joining a fellowship with no one close to you will that be a disadvantage or not? Do humans and elves co-mingle? in fellowships?

You can see the rank of the fellowship as well as the number of members when you click on it.

Joining a fellowship has a big advantage because now you can mingle with Elves or Humans anywhere on the map. Great for neighborly help. Infact there is more of an advantage if you belong to a fellowship that none of your neighbors belong to. More trade options as well.

DeletedUser172

Wow, fellowship has made a huge difference just on day 1. Love it.
Trading has kicked off and the increased social interaction is great. Saturated with neighborly assists on culture, even the builders' hut overflowed.
I even demolished a few buildings as well, non boosted manufactories seem pointless with all the trade that's happening.

DeletedUser

This is a massive gamechanger (for good reasons). The game has a different feel entirely. This update has definitely been the most powerful yet for obvious reasons. What I love is the fact that there is also a fellowship chat so you can discuss anything you want and if you need a certain amount of goods really quickly, members are happy to help out. I'll certainly be playing for a long time thanks to this. Good job.

DeletedUser247

The update is great I agree . One thing I dont like is that visiting fellowship members is not user friendly. There is no easy way to know who you have visited and who you have not, like it is displayed on the map with neighbours. It is a pain to go through the list of fellowship and visit everyone , even those that you already visited earlier that day.. unless I'm missing some easier way of doing that.

DeletedUser114

Zoli I agree the update is brilliant, but it would be better if we could have the ability to see which folks on the fellowship list we have visited each day.

DeletedUser

Dear Elves and Humans,

This is the discussion thread for the update to 0.21. The release notes can be found here. We look forward to hearing your feedback!

I find the fellowship system generally a cool idea, with one (1) significant dislike. The tariff free trading with fellowship members regardless of discovered status. This idea defies and undermines the game logic of exploration and discovery (to gain trade routes) as existed prior to fellowship trading. Previously if a market was undiscovered, you paid a tariff as a third party trader who new the way and traded your goods for you. Now apparently you have teleport technology and can shift goods across the planet at no cost. Its this kind of logic conflict with harms a games charm (for me anyway!) Once upon a time if a nearby city/player traded goods I wanted all the time, I would plan extra exploration in his or her direction with the intent of getting rid of the tariff, now no need, just fellowship jump till I get what I want. Other than this issue, fellowships are fine, especially getting a banner on the world map!.

DeletedUser126

It would be good to have an online status notification on the chatbox. Right now there is no way of knowing if any of the other members are online.

DeletedUser21

It would be good to have an online status notification on the chatbox. Right now there is no way of knowing if any of the other members are online.
I'm not entirely in support of this idea and if this were to be brought into the game, I would like all players to have the option to decide if they are to be shown as online or not. This is largely due to the fact that I feel it is a personal choice if you want to let people know that you are online.

DeletedUser

I'm not entirely in support of this idea and if this were to be brought into the game, I would like all players to have the option to decide if they are to be shown as online or not. This largely due to the fact that I feel it is a personal choice if you want people to let people know that you are online.

Privacy is obviously a main concern of mine if this was to be implemented, however what you're suggesting would fix this. There are numerous ways around this e.g. on the forum here, you can appear offline so no one can see that you're here. I doubt the devs would include something that would mean it's obligatory to show yourself as online. Also, I think a number of people online would suffice (it could be displayed next to the fellowship icon or somewhere in the chat box.

DeletedUser126

There really isn't much point of having a chatbox if you don't have a way of knowing if there is anyone there to chat with. Being in a fellowship in itself means that you want to be a part of a group and you don't have to give up privacy by being a part of a group. I agree just a simple "3 members online." would be enough.

DeletedUser

Yep something is better then not knowing when the players are all over the world.

DeletedUser277

I have also found it a little frustrating not knowing if anybody is online. However, I don't necessarily want my online presence to be announced and so I agree that a simple tally of the number of fellowship members online would be a good move.

DeletedUser

<cough> <cough> Apologies to those who do not wish their online presence to be known... but... typing /who in the chat box will show who is lurking :p

DeletedUser277

Great tip Goldie :D That works for me - I don't object to somebody knowing I am online, I just don't want me coming online to be announced (as it is in The West for 'friends' at least). I like to be able to do what I need to do in my city before I start up conversations...:rolleyes: