• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Three new five-day military buildings

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I despise melee troops too and only train Treants and Cerberus. In my other city, I put off Heroe's Forge for a long time, but eventually caved. The main reason I gave in was I started doing 25+ provinces more regularly. In the upper provinces, it takes more shots to kill the enemy and you start out grossly outnumbered. Therefore, each shot you take hurts a heck of a lot more so you need to be able to absorb more shots. In the upper provinces, I have to use more Treants vs enemy light melee instead of Golems or Frogs. I'd need more Golems and Frogs to kill one unit so I can't kill them fast enough before they reach my front lines. I think the Silk tourney is heavy melee friendly. With Victory Springs, light melee units already stink. Might as well buff them. Also, I have very high Needles and Flying Academy so my barracks and merc camp's queue is like 8hrs but my Training Camp is over 1day+. Victory Springs is good to even out production times!
This sounds very familiar when you are in a state where you cannot take enough advantage of combat boosters.

This is the story pre phoenix. when there were not all units where yet released.
In vanilla combat, treant is pretty ok (valorian/paladin is better).

I do not know what score you can get today with that but in the old days 5400-7200 scora was about the max (thats why chapter 4 accounts did much better as they could cheaply negotiate all battles past the fighting possible score)

When phoenix was introduces fighters could finally come even or surpass the score of chapter 4 accounts (10800 if I remember correct the max province you can unlock in that chapter 4)

The current meta came into effect when combat buildings were reintroduced in the magic academy under crafter (we seen them a year earlier in an event)

This tipped the favor totally towards mages/archers in an extreme way.
With Timewarp + icebear you can play 2 tournaments with 1 set of combat buildings allowing you to double it's use and boost those into oblivion. pre combat change it ment you could do unlimited provincies (80-110? it all dependend how many you could unlock)

So this is more late game, not early or mid game.

For example:
My mages archers have the following bonusses.

100% base
40% from needles
50% from Phoenix
150% from MM / LR booster

This means the damage output of an archer/mage is 340% this will beat trough most units no matter what units they and that allow us to beat wihout too many losses enemies who are more than twice as strong.
In such a metagame melee stands no chance at all. they are pommeled into oblivion while

Range already had the advantage of range but in such a meta it's the only real option.

@Jake65 do you play on the browser or app game?

It's easier in the browser to decide on which units to use as you can hover over each unit to see who they can target, on the app it's a little more involved.

I've recently upgraded my HF from 11 to 16 as I've noticed more battles are calling for heavy melee troops, it's not a huge amount, but for me, it's enough to justify keeping my HF and upgrading it. :)

Yes the app lacks a lot of information those stars are BS
1648117693019.png

3* agains light range, and 0 defence. this means you can easily oppose this unit with light range.

1648117384128.png

This is also 3 stars but it hits harder and it has defence agains light range. but this heavy ranged unit can be easily opposed by light melee.

The fact that you lack this information on the app is vital to not understanding how stuff works

Attachments

• 1648117478519.png
    1648117478519.png
    256.9 KB · Views: 53