• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Three new five-day military buildings

Jackluyt

Shaman

There has been no official announcement about these:
  • are they coming to crafting?
  • will the attributes remain the same, as 175%?
  1. Light Melee Monument +175%
  2. Enlightened Light Range +150%
  3. Magnificent Mage Multiplier +150%
  4. Heavy Melee Shrine +175%
  5. Heavy Ranged Powerup +150%

276309732_10220693215380907_2844557693414840320_n.jpg

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Both melee boosters are as usefull a pile of dung on a pavement.

The reason why the current boosters are so good is because you have first strike. this means that before your opponent can hit you you can cripple them so much that they are no longer a thread if a thread at all.

The weakness of LM and HM is that they are strong but always have the disadvantage of nog hit first.

Imagine this, there is a group with shotguns (archers with boosters) on 1 side of the field and a group of pikemen on the other side.
Shotguns are so strong that they can kill most of those pikemen before they can get close.

Now I can make those pikemen hit 100x harder. if they get into range of the men with shotguns they can slice them litterally in multiple pieces.
The issue is that before thay can get there 90% or more of there unit is already dead.

Even if the few survivers survive win and slaugther those men with shortgun into pieces it's still a phyrric victory.

Now if we would give those pikemen kevlar vest they they might not loose 90+% but maybe 10%.
Now they can slaughter there enemy and most of them survive.

This makes the difference between a good and a horribly bad building.
It shows that the designers seem not to have a clue why LM and HM are soo poor in combat when boosters are taken into account.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
I don't have this offer in my Live game - en1.elvenar.com. Does anyone else on the International Server(s) also not currently have this offer in-game? I'm just wondering whether this is another of Inno's 'selective audience' sales, some of which I see while others, even in my own Fellowship, don't. Thanks.

Jake65

Sage
@CrazyWizard , I still haven't got my head around the technicalities of fighting but, based on your above comment, do you think the heroes forge and victory springs AWs are not worth building for the troop boost aspect?

Jake65

Sage
I don't have this offer in my Live game - en1.elvenar.com. Does anyone else on the International Server(s) also not currently have this offer in-game? I'm just wondering whether this is another of Inno's 'selective audience' sales, some of which I see while others, even in my own Fellowship, don't. Thanks.
I don't have it on EN server.
Maybe it's on beta?

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team

I'm trying to find this out. It's certainly not popped up on my City either.

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Hekata

Artisan
I currently have this offer in one of my cities and not in the other. (both on EN servers)

CrazyWizard

Shaman
@CrazyWizard , I still haven't got my head around the technicalities of fighting but, based on your above comment, do you think the heroes forge and victory springs AWs are not worth building for the troop boost aspect?

Lets just say there influence is very little for only that reason, (assuming you own a fire phoenix)I have contemplated to destroy my heroes forge many many times.
Vitory springs is good enough due to the unit production boost.

As for fighting concept. dead units cannot strike you back.
The game is fairly balanced when we use stock units without boosts.

But with boosts it does not matter is a unit is a bad match or not.
You just make a unit so strong that even against it's worst enemy you simply kill em anyway (think about using a tank cannon instead of a pistol, you might wear a bullet proof vest but agains a 120mm depleted unranium bullet you stand no chance.

So it becomes a game of who hits first, and ranged unit have the advantage here as they can simply get into stiking range first.
Thats why we can win agains units 250% stonger than outselves.

Melee units do never strike first so they get trashed. what they really need is survivability they need a huge armoured APC carrier to protect them from the onslaught. what they really need is not damage but HP. this way they can be outgunned but there survivability allows them to get into striking range and still be strong enough to actually do some damage.

this is why the new building is so dumb. it makes the strong side stronger but leaves it weakness wide open to be take advantage of.

Killiak

Artisan
What worries me the most is these buildings popping up in the crafter, and reducing the odds of getting the (actually useful) ranged boosters.

Jake65

Sage
Thanks @CrazyWizard , appreciate your reply. Makes sense what you're saying. I don't have a fire Phoenix. Yet. Hangs head....
@Jackluyt , apologies for taking your thread a bit sideways.

schadenfreude

Enchanter
I despise melee troops too and only train Treants and Cerberus. In my other city, I put off Heroe's Forge for a long time, but eventually caved. The main reason I gave in was I started doing 25+ provinces more regularly. In the upper provinces, it takes more shots to kill the enemy and you start out grossly outnumbered. Therefore, each shot you take hurts a heck of a lot more so you need to be able to absorb more shots. In the upper provinces, I have to use more Treants vs enemy light melee instead of Golems or Frogs. I'd need more Golems and Frogs to kill one unit so I can't kill them fast enough before they reach my front lines. I think the Silk tourney is heavy melee friendly. With Victory Springs, light melee units already stink. Might as well buff them. Also, I have very high Needles and Flying Academy so my barracks and merc camp's queue is like 8hrs but my Training Camp is over 1day+. Victory Springs is good to even out production times!

Jake65

Sage
I despise melee troops too and only train Treants and Cerberus. In my other city, I put off Heroe's Forge for a long time, but eventually caved. The main reason I gave in was I started doing 25+ provinces more regularly. In the upper provinces, it takes more shots to kill the enemy and you start out grossly outnumbered. Therefore, each shot you take hurts a heck of a lot more so you need to be able to absorb more shots. In the upper provinces, I have to use more Treants vs enemy light melee instead of Golems or Frogs. I'd need more Golems and Frogs to kill one unit so I can't kill them fast enough before they reach my front lines. I think the Silk tourney is heavy melee friendly. With Victory Springs, light melee units already stink. Might as well buff them. Also, I have very high Needles and Flying Academy so my barracks and merc camp's queue is like 8hrs but my Training Camp is over 1day+. Victory Springs is good to even out production times!
Thanks for the info, it's very useful to get different perspectives.
I've always tended to cater/bribe, only recently started fighting more. Bit of a late starter, lots of catching up to do.

OldHag

Necromancer
@Jake65 do you play on the browser or app game?

It's easier in the browser to decide on which units to use as you can hover over each unit to see who they can target, on the app it's a little more involved.

I've recently upgraded my HF from 11 to 16 as I've noticed more battles are calling for heavy melee troops, it's not a huge amount, but for me, it's enough to justify keeping my HF and upgrading it. :)

SkyRider99

Mentor

There has been no official announcement about these:
  • are they coming to crafting?
If they do make it into crafting I will expect to see one every two or three months :rolleyes:

For the current instance though, I reckon the diamond prices are excessively high. Especially since these buildings expire in five days.

Jake65

Sage
@Jake65 do you play on the browser or app game?

It's easier in the browser to decide on which units to use as you can hover over each unit to see who they can target, on the app it's a little more involved.

I've recently upgraded my HF from 11 to 16 as I've noticed more battles are calling for heavy melee troops, it's not a huge amount, but for me, it's enough to justify keeping my HF and upgrading it. :)
Mostly on the phone app which I realise isn't great for fighting detail.
Thanks for your point about your forge.
I've ignored the LR and mage boosting wonders as I figured they have their own 5day boost buildings. Just built the temple of the toads to help the HR.
If these 3 new boost buildings become available then that throws out my line of thinking :D