• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Three little things.

DeletedUser1685

Hi, I'm enjoying the relaxed gaming in Elvenar, but I have three little issues.

1. When an Aspirant applies to join your guild, there is no mail. I check the Aspirant list every so often, just in case someone is on the list. Can we get a mail when an Aspirant is put on our waiting list?

2. When doing the Neighbour visits some Provinces are in a continuous building state. That is, the player has stopped playing while the Main Hall was being built and the Main Hall stays unbuilt. Which means I waste my time, and clicks, going to that province. Can the Main Hall be finished even if the player doesn't log back in? That would help very much.

3. Redesigning your city is difficult. I need to make an empty block of land then play a picture puzzle game trying to move things around. Which means I need to have unused land doing nothing to deal with the changing sizes of various buildings. It also means I don't get to make my city look how I want. I end up with a mishmash. Can we have a Redesigning Block of land, where we can temporarily store buildings as we move things around? Or perhaps a Redesign Mode that takes all our buildings up and displays them on a dialogue box from which we can put them back down on our land?

Thank you.

DeletedUser

Totally agree with all 3 points.

Regarding #3 I've been thinking that a building inventory would work - so you can move buildings into the building inventory, move around what you need to for redesign, then go into the building inventory and place them again. It's a subject I've been thinking about bringing up myself, but haven't yet looked on the forum to see if it was already addressed :)

DeletedUser

Welcome to the forums SanSweedy! :)

Now as for number one: I'm slightly divided between:
  • this being extremely useful to see when/if there are new aspirants without having to check manually/miss out on a new one because there are simply so many
  • just check once a day manually and keep a nice and tidy aspirants tab by refusing players you don't want anyways
As for number two: It is not possible to have the Main Hall upgrade "automatically". This would slow down the game immensely as every city would then have to interact with the server even while the respective players are offline.

A number of possible solutions have been suggested throughout the forums in the ideas section. Example: Idea for empty neighbor spots

Lastly, number three:

There's a thread on this in the ideas section that has been forwarded: Allow buildings to be replaced when moving (regarding the use of an inventory skip to this post here: #27).

Please keep in mind that if you wish to suggest an idea, then you'll have to do so in it's own thread (for each individual idea) within the Ideas and Suggestions Section using the template you can find here: Ideas & Suggestions: How To

~ Valerius

DeletedUser289

Actually what the OP is suggesting isn't the same as the one in the link you gave. That one is requesting a swap function like the one in Forge of Empires. The OP is asking for something different.

DeletedUser

Actually what the OP is suggesting isn't the same as the one in the link you gave. That one is requesting a swap function like the one in Forge of Empires. The OP is asking for something different.
Correct. The OPs suggestion is a different example on how to solve #3 (at least partially), yet there is a recent discussion on implementing an inventory as of post #27 within that thread too (which I linked). Equally there's also a comment suggesting "renting" land temporarily (which is similar to the redesigning block mentioned here) and a comment arguing that it wouldn't work quite as simply as one might expect (view posts #31 & #32)

Also found this rather dormant thread tucked away in a corner: City Inventory