• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

[City] Allow buildings to be replaced when moving

DeletedUser97

[Details] - When moving a building it can only be placed in an empty section. It would be better if a building could be set down if the foot print allows and the building already there is then picked up.

[Reasons for implementing] - Space is always an issue and considering the buildings increase in foot print size when being upgraded, a shifting of buildings may be required. May not always have that open space to deposit something temporarily considering the size of some items.

[Impact on other game features]
- No clue

DeletedUser23

FoE implemented this and it's been very useful. Even if it's just switching two buildings of the same size - though that might just be me, I like certain buildings in certain places :p But yeah it does help with the moving element of building - it's not always feasible to have the space necessary spare just to move something and in my opinion it doesn't take away any of the challenge of planning a city.

DeletedUser98

i have actually suggested a better way when it comes to moving buildings in the other thread. you may want to check it out because i also want your opinion regarding my suggestion

DeletedUser23

Shrewdbon - It's not a better way in my opinion; it just removes the difficulty, it's far too big of an idea to implement and is unnecessary when simpler solutions would get around the awkwardness without lowering difficulty/planning aspects of the game.

DeletedUser111

[Details] - When moving a building it can only be placed in an empty section. It would be better if a building could be set down if the foot print allows and the building already there is then picked up.

[Reasons for implementing] - Space is always an issue and considering the buildings increase in foot print size when being upgraded, a shifting of buildings may be required. May not always have that open space to deposit something temporarily considering the size of some items.

[Impact on other game features]
- No clue
I really miss this feature in Elvenar, other games have it so I hope it's just a matter of time before it's implemented here.

DeletedUser235

Usually, developers will add features that players want.

Why create a game without bringing good features from previous games? Why make it more difficult to help/aid? Why make it more difficult to move things around? You have that fixed in FoE?

DeletedUser

I'd hate if this was implemented, part of the joy of the game for me is playing "building tetris", you have limited space so it forces you to make the most of it and if you run out of space then you have a choice of selling something or working for another expansion. Whats the point of making you work for expansions if you always have a floating point?

DeletedUser66

I'd hate if this was implemented, part of the joy of the game for me is playing "building tetris", you have limited space so it forces you to make the most of it and if you run out of space then you have a choice of selling something or working for another expansion. Whats the point of making you work for expansions if you always have a floating point?
For the same reason a player doesn't want to demolish and rebuild a level 15 building just to be able to swap it with another building on the map.

This is not about getting more space from a new feature but the ability to rearrange your city in the current space you have without having to demolish and rebuild.

firerock

Enchanter
yes a similar way to COC would be ideal, have a template where you can remove all you have built and start afresh, you can only rebuild in the current expansion slots and you only have the building/paths you already have.

I would have to agree with others in general that this feature is sorely missing from this game.

DeletedUser297

I TOTALLY agree with the idea of being able to pick a bldg. up and 'trading' its position with another like-sized bldg. Unless you have extra space to set the bldg. you're replacing, it makes it impossible to do. FOE uses the trading option and it works very well.

DeletedUser

For the same reason a player doesn't want to demolish and rebuild a level 15 building just to be able to swap it with another building on the map.

This is not about getting more space from a new feature but the ability to rearrange your city in the current space you have without having to demolish and rebuild.

But a big part of the game is the ability to plan ahead, if this was introduced it would remove some of the inherent difficulties of the game that keep it interesting. Why insist on making it easier and easier until we get to a point where becomes uninteresting and not worth logging on anymore?

DeletedUser

yes a similar way to COC would be ideal, have a template where you can remove all you have built and start afresh, you can only rebuild in the current expansion slots and you only have the building/paths you already have.

I would have to agree with others in general that this feature is sorely missing from this game.

I TOTALLY agree with the idea of being able to pick a bldg. up and 'trading' its position with another like-sized bldg. Unless you have extra space to set the bldg. you're replacing, it makes it impossible to do. FOE uses the trading option and it works very well.

But this isn't COC or FOE (no idea what those mean to be honest), it is meant to be a separate game with separate levels of difficulties not a clone of other games. To argue that it should be the same as other games is illogical since if it is the same as other games you play then where is the challenge? That's like arguing that Sonic should have the same features as Mario

DeletedUser297

I repeat, just offering suggestions. Don't think we need to get 'testy' about all this. It is, after all, up to the game makers to decide what they want to do.

DeletedUser

I'm not getting "testy", I am just offering an alternative view to your suggestion and how it might affect the game

firerock

Enchanter
I'm not getting "testy", I am just offering an alternative view to your suggestion and how it might affect the game
well your comment completely misses the point being made and it certainly sounded 'testy' to me too. There is a need to improve the way the game handles the need to realign the city due to its demand to change building size. This doesn't make a game interesting it makes it annoying.

FYI (for Your information)
COC = Clash of Clans
FoE = Forge of Empires

DeletedUser

well your comment completely misses the point being made and it certainly sounded 'testy' to me too. There is a need to improve the way the game handles the need to realign the city due to its demand to change building size. This doesn't make a game interesting it makes it annoying.

FYI (for Your information)
COC = Clash of Clans
FoE = Forge of Empires

It seems to me that if you have a look at the cities created by people ranked in the top 10 they didn't have a problem with the placement system so why is it all of a sudden an issue now? just keep some free space available and play tetris with your buildings. If your suggestion was implemented then it would remove the element of forward planning and to be honest make working for expansions pointless. <---Sorry was I being "testy" there :rolleyes:

DeletedUser281

I have to agree with Kazobel on this. Players who have reached the top of the rankings know that size that their buildings will reach. All a player has to do is visit the Wiki which has all of the building footprints listed. If you know the size that the building will eventually occupy, then you can easily plan ahead. I'm currently in the process of upgrading my houses, and their footprint will increase. As a result I have modified my city accordingly so that I can accommodate this change in housing sizes.

DeletedUser66

But a big part of the game is the ability to plan ahead, if this was introduced it would remove some of the inherent difficulties of the game that keep it interesting.

It's not being made easier, it is a sensible and reasonable change that won't directly affect a player's gameplay. I see absolutely no point in demolishing a building just to build it up again somewhere else because there is a lack of space to simply exchange the positions of the two buildings. I would like to build my city and have it look the way I want it to look.

Why insist on making it easier and easier until we get to a point where becomes uninteresting and not worth logging on anymore?

Perhaps you should look at some of your ideas about the ability to gain more goods using relics you don't need. Hmm... Swapping the position of two buildings in an easier manner hardly impacts on the game's longevity. Suggesting it does is just poor insight on your part.

DeletedUser

This has been mentioned on both US Servers, and Beta. A holding area, or temporary storage for buildings while rearranging your cities. Also, mentioned, and defeated, was the ability to 'rotate' buildings to fit in spaces in your cities. I would support both ideas here.
thank you.

DeletedUser

I like that you can move things In FoE and it would help in this game. It don't hurt the game play and it don't take a way form making your city. It just keeps you from deleting something and rebuilding. I just had to do that to move things and it is not fun. Fix this please!