• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

this is not helping

Just discovered that Elvenar has been rearranging things a bit in the game, and now I am greeted with the most distracting sparkly glitter when I mouse over certain places where I have added something. "got a question about changes? hop on over to our General discussion..." which now, apparently is at Discord. So any questions I want answered are locked safely away at Discord. 'something seems to be wrong, here. give us your email". And your first born son, your pet puppy, and a blood sample. sigh.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Just discovered that Elvenar has been rearranging things a bit in the game, and now I am greeted with the most distracting sparkly glitter when I mouse over certain places where I have added something. "got a question about changes? hop on over to our General discussion..." which now, apparently is at Discord. So any questions I want answered are locked safely away at Discord. 'something seems to be wrong, here. give us your email". And your first born son, your pet puppy, and a blood sample. sigh.
It's a known bug from beta that found its way to the live servers after today's update. It is being looked at.

It's a known bug from beta that found its way to the live servers after today's update. It is being looked at.

Don't forget the potplant :rolleyes:
Silly me. thank you for the reminder.

I have tried everything I could think of to get into discord, including passwords of 12 random letters andnumbers, and was told quite firmly that this was too simple. Excuse me? When I do hit that Wall of Suspicion at the start, they say something soothing like, 'hmmm, something is wrong here. Password? ACHTUNG!"

m4rt1n

Adept
Try a browser generated password, thats what I did.

If you make your own, include CAP, lower, number and symbol !"£$%^

OldHag

Necromancer
@lilymarlene I had a bit of a nightmare getting on to Discord, being absolutely lost as to why I couldn't claim my account. I was told to do this and that, much like being told how a VCR worked....yeah, yeah.....where's the on/off button? haha ;)
I was eventually directed to discord.com
I already had a Discord account, but didn't know it and couldn't access it, until I went there and retrieved my password and was then able to log out of Discord. Might be worth taking a look.

several years ago the site I was at decided to have a go at Discord. That's when I realized I may be getting too old for sharp changes. I tried a few times to navigate, and it was such a hassle ("oops, comin' through, look out, there's an old lady lost on aisle three...") i just left and never looked back. however. I will take your suggestions, and see if that works. Tomorrow. (do realize how hard it is to type coherently with a cat sitting on your mouse hand?)

Old Hag, just did some deep diving into Discord to see what the problem might be: I found that my password was never saved (by me). It gets better. If I want to roam the halls of Discord I have to go through the entire sequence of phone, email addy, all of that. This is where they draw their weapons and look at me very hard. They do not accept landline numbers. cell phones, only. I don't have a cell phone. :eek human::eek:

C-Nymph

Necromancer
You never have to enter a phone number if you don't want to. There's always an option to skip that step. Two Factor Authentication is not mandatory in Discord. Having a valid e-mail address is, and also getting that verified by clicking the button in the confirmation mail.

What I see is basically an armed soldier blocking the way: black screen, and it says, "something is a bit wrong, here. We will need to validate your email address and your password." I think what has caused the problem, I was actually a member at discord two or so years ago when the group I was in went there. I found it incredibly hard to get around, and finally just left. So my stuff is there, but I'm not. I give them my email address, but they refuse it as invalid. So, obviously, no confirmation email. And there was no option offered for skipping the phone number; since i don't have a cell phone, they aren't interested.
C-Nymph, it's just not worth the sturm und drang, unless it makes the difference between playing here or not. and if that happens, then I'm out anyway.

Hekata

Artisan
What I see is basically an armed soldier blocking the way: black screen, and it says, "something is a bit wrong, here. We will need to validate your email address and your password." I think what has caused the problem, I was actually a member at discord two or so years ago when the group I was in went there. I found it incredibly hard to get around, and finally just left. So my stuff is there, but I'm not. I give them my email address, but they refuse it as invalid. So, obviously, no confirmation email. And there was no option offered for skipping the phone number; since i don't have a cell phone, they aren't interested.
C-Nymph, it's just not worth the sturm und drang, unless it makes the difference between playing here or not. and if that happens, then I'm out anyway.
I had a similar problem so I just created a new e-mail account and then made a new Discord account with it (they didn't ask for a phone this time) and then followed the in-game invitation to the server.

SkyRider99

Immortal
So much hassle and worry to have to join a 3rd party site for Inno, a game you play
Play, and also for many, pay! Are the diamond-buying payers also bound for the scrap heap of history? It's a cruel world. :(

(I wonder how long it will take until someone on Discord gets their diamond store hacked?) :rolleyes:

So much hassle and worry to have to join a 3rd party site for Inno, a game you play, so no wonder so many of the demographic of the game will not bother at all and maybe even quit the game entirely.
I seriously do not want to quit this game. I've invested too much time in it already, but I have minus interest in joining discord again. For me, at least, it was always a hassle to navigate (at least where I was before...) and that sorta soured me on the whole place.